Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (SOLD OUT) Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 430+ lumens)

Banned

Default Re: Dark Sucks Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 430+ lumens)

It depicts dancers not a sexual act!!!... But this piece
    of work acts as a mirror.. People who has a sexually oriented mind will see in it an sexual act. Alternatively you can see dancers or a wood carving exercice to see how bodies articulate together..
    Last edited by aflashinthenight; 10-30-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Default Re: Dark Sucks Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 430+ lumens)

Quote Originally Posted by 276 View Post
    I am definitely ordering one soon, just two questions how are modes change and how do you add the glow ring option to an order when choosing the XML.
    I pulled that option off the order list. It was just getting too confusing for "non-expert" buyers. However, I do have a bunch left. Just leave me a note when you check out

The three modes are accessed with a forward clicky. Modes can be cycled by "pressing" the button in "momentary" mode. Navigation is linear (L/M/H) and the driver has a two-second last mode memory. So, if the light is "on" in any mode for 2 seconds or more, that mode will come on the next time the button is pressed.

Jason

Hi, are your lights only available in the copper finish?

And not the clear?

Many thanks

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by mp101 View Post
    Hi, are your lights only available in the copper finish? And not the clear?
    Hi Marc, do you mean the nickel finish? I only offer the Alpha in nickel plated aluminum (at this time). I do have a separate thread for a solid copper light though. I use nickel plate to resist corrosion and to protect the soft aluminum. I don't offer anodize on any of my lights.

If you want to go "full custom" I can make you a one-off "raw" aluminum (uncoated) light. I don't particularly recommend it though unless you are an experienced user and understand/accept the limitations of a "raw" light. These will not be covered by my lifetime warranty since without the nickel, the threads will wear down and corrode over time.

Let me know if I answered your question or not!

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks I wasn't sure about the finish as on your website they look copper or gold in colour, nickel plated is fine with me, can I get a blasted head also?

Thanks

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by mp101 View Post
    Hi Jason,

Thanks I wasn't sure about the finish as on your website they look copper or gold in colour, nickel plated is fine with me, can I get a blasted head also?

Thanks

Marc
    You can get a blasted head, but that would be a full-custom light and it would have to wait until my next batch of nickel plating...unless you want to pay the full $75 minimum charge from the plating company. Feel free to PM or email me if you want to talk details and pricing.

Thanks!

Oh and the nickel is slightly warm/gold in color. If you check out this blog post you can see some raw aluminum and nickel side by side.

Would you please send those along to me as well? I'm a proud owner of this light and would love to see more artistic pictures of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aflashinthenight View Post
    I ll send them to you in private

Banned

I will egrep as soon I log in with my computer rather with my smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by romteb View Post
    This is a family friendly forum, pictures of your wooden artwork depicting too adults performing a sexual act is not appropriate. (although i though it was pretty cool)
    Quote Originally Posted by aflashinthenight View Post
    It depicts dancers not a sexual act!!!... But this piece
    of work acts as a mirror.. People who has a sexually oriented mind will see in it an sexual act. Alternatively you can see dancers or a wood carving exercice to see how bodies articulate together..
    I grew up in a house full of my mom's paintings of unclothed people. I think I'm qualified to be a judge of whether the wood carving was obscene, but unfortunately the thread is gone now.

However, you need to remember that Americans are much more comfortable looking at violence than sexuality. Don't ask me why, it never made any sense to me.

EDIT: Oh, right...cool light Archer! Any chance you could be talked into making an AAA version?
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 10-31-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Hey all. I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from any more discussion about the aforementioned images I just don't want to draw more attention from the mods and risk getting this thread closed. Thanks!

On the AAA light...would you settle for an AA size? I have plans on the drawing board but nothing solid yet. I'm also working on a lego turbo-head for the Alpha. 80K lux anyone?

These lights look awesome! Just waiting for payday before I place an order.

Jason, between the XM-L and the MC-E, which emitter do you like better and why? I am having a tough time deciding between the two.

Thanks!
    Andrew

edit: I just read on your website that you prefer the MC-E!...still a tough decision for me though!
    Last edited by S1LVA; 11-02-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    I used to be afraid of the dark. Now, the dark is afraid of me.

Ok, just saw the option for the XM-L with optic. Any beamshots?

S1LVA

Edit: I've read this thread and watched your videos a million times today. I'd like you to build me a light!

Brushed Alpha
    5000k XM-L w/ Optic and glow ring.
    Plain clip
    Black boot w/ spare GITD boot

PM incoming...
    Last edited by S1LVA; 11-02-2011 at 04:18 PM.

The mailman just delivered my MC18-B 4000K. I only had a few minutes to play but it looks great! I really can't add anything but to reiterate that the quality is exceptional. I REALLY like the 4000K tint. I look forward to playing with it when it gets dark.

Banned

good choice.. the 4000K tint is just awesome, and such a sexy source of illumination.

Jason!
    Your PM is full. Did you get my money for the clip?

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by S1LVA View Post
    Jason!
    Your PM is full. Did you get my money for the clip?

Andrew
    Box cleared and email sent!

Thank you, sir. Drop that baby in the mail!

S1LVA

My Alpha was waiting for me when I got home from work today. What an amazing light. It's very solid, well machined, and the fit and finish are top notch. The tint is very pleasing. And the beam is flawless.

Once I spend more time with my Alpha, I will write a more detailed review. For now, the Alpha will go to work with me and hopefully get a lot of outdoor use on the weekend.

I am already thinking about which flavor I want next

S1LVA

Flashaholic*

Hi Jason,

Paypal just sent! (transaction # 91B37526M7745692S). BUT I NEED NEUTRAL XML 5000K please!!!!!!

XML 5000K neutral (no option on your site!)
    Stone wash
    Black button
    Raw Ti clip (not flamed)
    1 x AW 18650

And....favor/question - I really don't need the nano lube as part of your "maintenace kit", but is there any chance you can please toss in a couple spare head and tail o-rings? Let me know the extra cost for the o-rings only please!

Oh, and please ship USPS to me in Canada please! And declare a minimal value if you could please! (No Fedex or UPS!)

Many thanks!
    Shane.
    Last edited by shane45_1911; 11-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Jason,

When you be offering a "shorty" version of the Alpha? I saw a picture of one in another thread of yours. I basically want the same head, tailcap, and clip on a smaller body for my second Alpha. I want it to have the same finish as my brushed Alpha; just a smaller version and the High CRI LED. I have been bitten by the Dark Sucks bug.

Thanks!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by S1LVA View Post
    Jason,

When you be offering a "shorty" version of the Alpha? I saw a picture of one in another thread of yours. I basically want the same head, tailcap, and clip on a smaller body for my second Alpha. I want it to have the same finish as my brushed Alpha; just a smaller version and the High CRI LED. I have been bitten by the Dark Sucks bug.

Thanks!
    Andrew
    My sentiments exactly!

Hi all, this run is now sold out! Many many thanks to all of you who have put your faith and hard earned dollars into my work. It's an honor for me to make something that I care about, and sell them to people who care about what they are buying. I only hope that more of you will give me the chance to show you what I can do.

You might have also noticed (on my site) that prices have gone up (just a bit). For an explanation, mosey on over to this post.
    Last edited by archer6817j; 11-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12