Zebralight H31c High CRI headlamp!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Just got an email today from Zebralight introducing an H31c with high CRI 85... :cool:

"...The H31 High CRI headlamps produce a beautiful neutral tint while enhancing color rendition (nominal 4000 CCT, 85CRI). They will accept an RCR123 and are fully regulated. And using our intuitive user interface, all levels from .38Lm to 140Lm are just a click away."

Looks like they are offering both an H31c (spot / spill) and H31Fc (floody)... although I could only see the H31c on their website at the moment.

Details here: http://www.zebralight.com/H31c-CR123-Headlamp-85-CRI_p_67.html

Will be interesting to compare the neutral to the high CRI version...

MatNeh

Newly Enlightened
In the thread about the SC51c, I think the general consensus was that the SC51w was brighter than the SC51c with almost the same tint, and the high CRI of the SC51c was not very noticeable compared to the 51w. If the high CRI doesn't buy you a whole lot, I would go with the "w" that is brighter.

EV_007

Enlightened
I just ordered one. Hope to compare it directly to my "warm" version in the "AA" configuration. I generally like better CRI over brightness for close to medium distances.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
85 just isn't high enough to get me all that excited, but it's a good step.

Another member here, GaAslamp has posted extensively on this issue. The 85 rating is a minimum, and also that CRI is not objectively comparable between lights with different emitters because they're each measured against their own reference, instead of a universal one. He reports that the Zebralight c model in his opinion does the best color rendering.