H31b are in.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like one with the Rebel PC amber.

I can see blue for blood tracking...

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beats me. Maybe Bowzer can tell us what the blue's good for...

(What would amber do for you?)

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amber would be good for: preventing stimulation of the 4 cone. Save the melatonin!
:better than red for overall usefulness. numbers of cones hit, focus on retina.
:rain/snow/fog
:it is unique (and the Phosphor Conversion is markedly more efficient than direct amber)
:It is not yellow, it is not orange.
I will think of more later.

carrot

Flashaholic
Beats me. Maybe Bowzer can tell us what the blue's good for...

(What would amber do for you?)

Having a Quark RGB I can say that I haven't found a single good use for the blue output yet. Except that it looks really cool and it makes anything fluorescent shine brightly...

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having a Quark RGB I can say that I haven't found a single good use for the blue output yet. Except that it looks really cool and it makes anything fluorescent shine brightly...

Well, there you go: it's for rave parties.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blue would be good for spotting fluids (and other things) that are any color but blue. If you're hunting at night and wanted to track an animal that was bleeding, blood would show up as shiny black under a blue light. This would probably be the most effective use because it would show up well against the background of plant leaves and the like.

Leaking coolant from an engine might probably actually fluoresce a bit because I'd guess that it has some blue in it, but that's just a guess because blue is close to green in wavelength, but it would probably also be dark if it doesn't fluoresce. Blue is also used as a tell-tale on boats and planes I've noticed, but what the blue means for that I don't specifically know.

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head... I'd have to look it up to find out more, and I'm feeling lazy right now... I'm chilling with Sam Adams and don't really want to go sort through the 50+ or so books I have on vision and stuff right now... So sue me. :D

daimleramg

Banned
Leaking coolant from an engine might probably actually fluoresce a bit because I'd guess that it has some blue in it, but that's just a guess because blue is close to green in wavelength, but it would probably also be dark if it doesn't fluoresce. Blue is also used as a tell-tale on boats and planes I've noticed, but what the blue means for that I don't specifically know.

So blue is good for hunting Optimus Prime?