Best AA/AAA Thrower With Present Technology

newmont91

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone

Assuming that budget is not a problem, can anyone recommend me 2 best throwers with present technology? No flood ability is needed.

1. One that runs on a single AA/AAA.

2. One that runs on any combination of AA/AAA. So far I have ear marked Fenix TK41, any better choice?

dunna

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone

Assuming that budget is not a problem, can anyone recommend me 2 best throwers with present technology? No flood ability is needed.

1. One that runs on a single AA/AAA.

2. One that runs on any combination of AA/AAA. So far I have ear marked Fenix TK41, any better choice?

Hello There

If u r really looking for throw either on a single AA or a combination of AA/AAA look no further than the Led Lenser. http://www.led-lenser.com/
Nothing on earth can touch their throw technology.
Let me know what you think.

newmont91

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendation! Will seriously consider it.

Any more brands/models to consider for the "King of Throws"?

Thanks.

pinhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendation! Will seriously consider it.

Any more brands/models to consider for the "King of Throws"?

Thanks.

I would consider some more flashlights as "Throw Kings":

1. Lumapower Vantage R2 with Tele Force Head

2. Dereelight Javelin

3. XENO E06

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own 4 LED Lensers, and I'm not a fan - cheaply made, ringy beam profiles, big & heavy lights (compared to others in their class,) not waterproof/resistant, and overpriced. The flood setting is not very wide, and the tight spot setting has no useful flood......just my opinion though. Some love em. I used to until I became enlightened. My son & I recently returned my son's LED Lenser H7 headlamp to Lowes for the SECOND time. He exchanged it for a Coast HL7 which has a better beam quality, but is still cheaply made.....my son had to have it though.

For excellent AA throwers check out the Quark AA2 Turbo (2xAA), Deereelight Javelin (2xAA), EagleTac P20A2 with the XP-E LED (2xAA), and the Fenix LD40 (4xAA). All good throwers with exceptional quality.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just throwing ths out there, the Lumintop L1A. It uses a throwy XPG R5 led which is basically designed to be a thrower, but this light is severely underpowered by just one AA batt, if you swap out with a 14500, it will punch the throw better and have longer burn times and brighter output (200+ lumens).

I own the L1C which uses the same head as the L1A and its pretty throwy for a tiny light. nice tight beam due to the moderately sized smooth reflector. I'm hard pressed to think of any single-cell throwers save for the 18650 single celled throwers like the Olight i6.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce masterpice pro-1. Ull get a "free" 3xaaa body with it from solarforce-sales. Led lenser can't toutch it, even on 3xaaa. ~50 000 lux from the masterpice head if it's well driven. This thing can throw. Dont think there is a aaa light that comes close.

newmont91

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the recommendations. Will research more on the above named 1/2 cell flashlight.

For the second option, is there any better thrower for multiple combinations of AA/AAA than Fenix TK41?

JacobJones

Enlightened
Because it only runs on rechargeable 18650, not primary AA that OP mentioned.

Doesn't saabluster make the DEFT FTP anymore then? The one that uses 4AA. I know he started doing the DEFT EDC that uses 18650 but assumed he would keep making both

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't saabluster make the DEFT FTP anymore then? The one that uses 4AA. I know he started doing the DEFT EDC that uses 18650 but assumed he would keep making both

Who knows, perhaps there's one floating on Marketplace. Even DEFT-edc are in limited stock.

newmont91

Newly Enlightened
For multiple AA/AAA, can I assume TK41 is the "King Thrower"? Thanks. I would likely consider this soon.

JacobJones

Enlightened
You could start a Want To Buy thread asking for a DEFT FTP, if anyone is willing to sell one expect to pay over 200 dollars though.
Or if you can't be bothered with the hassle the Fenix TK41 looks like a fairly good option

Another option is to build one, with a Cree XR-E and the biggest aspherical lense you can find you'll easily get more than 50k lux

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a single AA, I've though the Jet I Pro v3 to be a pretty good thrower, but maybe that's been outclassed in the past year or so.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK41 throws like a monster. Sure it's an 8 x AA light, but when you see how much light comes out the front you can't help but smile. You expect it to be bright, but the throw is outstanding.

I went camping at the beach about month ago and when walking on the beach after dark, I was able to put light on a surf life saving cabin about 500m away. The entire stretch of sand between it and me was lit up. It's an astonishing light, especially for the money.

newmont91

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone

I would be heading to China, Shenzhen in a month time. Anyone knows if I am able to get a TK41 there?

Latest posts