1 AA that can double its lumen by using a 14500?

tdc207

Newly Enlightened
I know about the Thrunite Neutron 1A but really haven't had any other luck finding anything else. I know that there's got to be others. Thanks for your time and info!

Last edited:

tdc207

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I like the Xeno but I'm not clear on the exact lumen it goes to. And not sure on the heat issues:oops::poof::mecry: I'll go look at the other one and check it out.

Zen Ape

Newly Enlightened
In theory the new Quark AA2 XML head on a Quark AA body running on a 14500 body should double the output.

tdc207

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Zen that's not a bad idea for what I like, but I'm trying to stay with one light and drive it hard. So far the Thrunite and Xeno EO3 is in the lead.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The cool emitter Xeno will nudge 530 lumens on a 14500 (based on Selfbuilt's numbers), and I've left mine on for a few minutes at a time, it just gets "pretty warm".

tdc207

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up on the LumaPower. Nice looking light and what I'm looking for, straight forward UI and a GITD tail clicky (lol)likes a lot ! Sure would like to know the lumen with a 14500 drivin' it. It says 350 lumen in AA formate and then contradicts saying it puts out that with 14500.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Zen that's not a bad idea for what I like, but I'm trying to stay with one light and drive it hard. So far the Thrunite and Xeno EO3 is in the lead.

I EDC an SS Trustfire F25 running a 14500 bright and dirt cheap. Double the lumens (on AA's about 90 lumens, but with 14500, must be about 200lumens at least) and did i mention cool looking SS? Prob the cheapest SS you'll ever find. I wont cry if i lose it, will just buy another!

Yes, this one is double o-ring protected on both ends, plus, all these o-rings and tail switch glow in the dark! (ftw!) :naughty:

1284874126.jpg

TrustFire_F25_LED_Stainless_steel_Flashlight.jpg

Last edited:

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I did some beamshots here that you might be interested in.

My recent fascination is with the V10R Ti (with extender tube enables AA/14500). The Sunwayman V10A also uses a LE and driver that can handle AA and 14500. The V10A is considerably cheaper than the V10R Ti. Nobody has confirmed but I suspect the V10R and V10A have the same heads.

I'm not sure what I would recommend. It depends on what aspects are most important to you.

Jackasper

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up on the LumaPower. Nice looking light and what I'm looking for, straight forward UI and a GITD tail clicky (lol)likes a lot ! Sure would like to know the lumen with a 14500 drivin' it. It says 350 lumen in AA formate and then contradicts saying it puts out that with 14500.

You are most welcome. I actually talked with Ricky at LumaPower regarding the lumen ratings that they use and why they don't do ANSI standards. Asked him twice and all he would say is that they rate their lights at the emitter and all testing is done in house with their own integration sphere.
350 lumen is the emitter rating and yes, that is quite a bit for a single cell (AA) light, but in reality 70% of that (245) is the actual OTF lumens. And that is with the 14500. Alkaline or Eneloop you'd expect about half of that. I like mine too much to try it with anything other than a 14500. Same with my Quark AA. BTW Welcome to CPF !

anethema

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned the Quark AA doubles lumens on a 14500.

One of the cooler ones though is the 4Sevens Mini AA. It goes into direct drive on a 14500 and pushes near 300 lumens. I'm sure the LED life will be a bit reduced but it handles it fine afaik. No problems here yet anyways.

tdc207

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, went and found the Trustfire F25 for 26.00, had to get one to play with,lol! Thanks for the good info,yeah I found the V10R and it looks very interesting and is on the list to get:hitit:. Kind of hard to beat it in a way,decisions-decisions! I think we have just about covered all the quality lights out there as far as what you get in terms of lumens, money, quality,size and so on. Love the idea of the mini pushing out that kind of lumens too:naughty:. I dig on the high power little light, hell I dig on all lights LOL. OK my name is Tim, and I AM A FLASHAHOLIC ! If the thread doesn't die before I make my mind up I'll post back and let you guys know what I got. Thanks again for all the time and input. And thanks for the welcoming to the fourms!:thumbsup:lovecpf