HID conversion kits

jharmon79

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2007 Nissan Murano and I was wondering what are the best conversion kits for HID light kit? Also, since I'm not very good with cars, I was wondering who could install these for me? I want to keep it legal but I want the brightest bulb possible. Thanks in advance.

Henry50

Newly Enlightened
You'll need to check your local laws. Some require wipers/spray cleaners.

This video gives some pretty good instruction

jenniferny

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2007 Nissan Murano and I was wondering what are the best conversion kits for HID light kit? Also, since I'm not very good with cars, I was wondering who could install these for me? I want to keep it legal but I want the brightest bulb possible. Thanks in advance.

Do not do it. If you LOOK AT any REPUTIBLE automotive lighting site they will tell you that the factory lens on your headlamp IS NOT properly designed for conversion TO HID lighting. In addition to possible poor performance you could also end up with lights that blind other drivers. ONE OF THE BEST sources for automotive lighting information is
danielsternlighting.com
When it comes to anything in automotive lighting the man is the most knowledgeable person on the net. His site is down right now, but this subject is covered in detail on his site when it is back up. It has to do with the fact that the housing IS NOT designed for THE HID system, specifically the lens on the front for one. It needs to be designed for THE HID system and that means completely clear and no lines for one. Everyone does the conversion because they think it looks 'cool' and there are thousand of companies making MILLIONS of $$$ on these kits every year. Why are they selling them if they do not work properly? The answer is simple, they are making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS SELLING THE KITS AND THEY COULD CARE LESS THAT cars were not designed for the kits they sell and they WILL NOT work properly.

The bottom line is that while you may think you look cool with THE HID kit installed the performance that you expect will not be there.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast

A search of the forums would have revealed that HID "kits" are simply not an option. They are dangerous, ineffective, and illegal.

You could go back to the dealer and have them remove the factory halogen headlamps and install factory HID headlamps, if you're that set on HID. Of course, that'll set you back quite a bit. Another option is to install the Philips X-Treme Power 9007, which is quite a bit cheaper!

12ga

Newly Enlightened
Late response to your question. There is a company that makes a real nice hid conversion for most any make and model. The Morimoto Mini bi-xenon Stage III package includes the ultra-compact H1 4.1 projectors, the proper HID bulbs, and a set of 35w Morimoto ballasts to power them. It doesn't get any more "plug n play" than this. You remove the headlight heat it up, pop the lens off, screw the projector in, seal it back up, and plug the whole setup into your stock headlight plugs. It runs about $300 with shipping and the package is wonderful. (Edited to add this) It is street legal because it is projecter based, no off putting glare and a nice solid wall of white light.

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is only one legal HID bulb output. 35 watt.
So the only legal way would be to retrofit the OEM Nissan Murano bi-projector headlight assembly. (where the first generation had a craptastic 9007 / HB5 dual beam)

and maybe the manual beam declination system 0,1,2,3

Last edited:

12ga

Newly Enlightened
True and not true. There are many different projectors that you can retro fit into any application. It's really neat diffrent projector/bulb combos are available it just depends on how custom you want to get, and so long as you are projector based it is completely legal. The combo I would recommend is the kit I was talking about earlier, the morimoto mini it is very plug and play and is very easy to install with little to no prior experience. So long as you stock headlights have clear lenses you can install the projectors essentially by baking open the lens, removing the reflection cup (if your headlights have them), screwing the projector into the light housing, sealing the light housing back up, inserting the new bulb and plugging the new hardware into your stock headlight wires. It sounds pike a lot but it really is very easy. I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules, and if I am please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
True and not true. There are many different projectors that you can retro fit into any application. It's really neat diffrent projector/bulb combos are available it just depends on how custom you want to get, and so long as you are projector based it is completely legal.

Not true. Not all projectors are designed for HID capsules. As far as "how custom you want to get" goes, there's only so custom you can get before you have a headlamp that is an abysmally unsafe performer.

The combo I would recommend is the kit I was talking about earlier, the morimoto mini it is very plug and play and is very easy to install with little to no prior experience. So long as you stock headlights have clear lenses you can install the projectors essentially by baking open the lens, removing the reflection cup (if your headlights have them), screwing the projector into the light housing, sealing the light housing back up, inserting the new bulb and plugging the new hardware into your stock headlight wires. It sounds pike a lot but it really is very easy. I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules, and if I am please let me know, but if you want to know more about converting check out " the retro fit source" I have a setup it really is plug & play, and the customer service is great too.

Some material to review. The second two links show what is supposed to pass for "quality control".
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rs-are-toast&p=3771837&viewfull=1#post3771837
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...H1-High-Beam-Stuck-Fix-and-other-enhancements
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...oto-Mini-solenoids-are-sticking...Anyone-else

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The Morimoto Mini bi-xenon Stage III package

...is illegal and unsafe in any application.

You remove the headlight heat it up, pop the lens off, screw the projector in, seal it back up, and plug the whole setup into your stock headlight

...thus completely and permanently destroying the safety performance and legal compliance of the headlamp.

It is street legal because it is projecter based

That's not actually true. HID "retrofits" such as you describe are illegal and unsafe, no matter whether the headlamps are reflector- or projector-based.

irsa76

Newly Enlightened
Best way to convert you Murano to HID lights it go to your Nissan dealer and buy the OE HID lights, and EVERYTHING else needed.
Or trade it for one with HID lights. HID kits are an expensive waste of money. As I found in this experiment, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?378110-Experiment-HID-retrofit-into-highbeam, real world performance is REDUCED. Hacking the lights up to fit proper HID projectors can cause more problems, make a mistake and you need new lights.