• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Random Peak Questions

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time for random Peak trivia. Trying to get a few questions answered. Can anybody help?

1. Do the Pamir and Logan share the same head and body threads. I think they do since the Pamir 2xAA body looks just like the Logan 2xAA body.

2. What is the optic is in the Pamir like? Is it a tightly focused optic (like a spot)? Basically, I am wondering how it compares to a Logan narrow.

3. Similarly, I would like to know what bodies the Ural head is compatible with. Does it have the same thread as the Logan or Night Patrol?

4. The Pamir is curent controlled. I am wondering what would happen if one used a QTC pill with it. Does the light output reduce?

5. Is the Judco switch (or computer switch option) for the Ural fit and work on the adjustable Night Patrol? Wondering if the strobe function would work on the Night Patrol 600A (adjustable output).

Thanks,
eala

Norm

Retired Administrator
2. What is the optic is in the Pamir like? Is it a tightly focused optic (like a spot)? Basically, I am wondering how it compares to a Logan narrow.
My two AA brass Pamir is very tightly focused, you can faintly see the outline of the die with a bright hot spot.

Not sure why your title says random questions? I though they were quite specific.

Norm

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title was a little bit tongue in cheek. The variety of questions is random, but they are very specific.

Thanks for the information on the Pamir. That is what I was hoping for. Do you have any Logan parts to try to thread them together?

eala

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
Time for random Peak trivia. Trying to get a few questions answered. Can anybody help?

1. Do the Pamir and Logan share the same head and body threads. I think they do since the Pamir 2xAA body looks just like the Logan 2xAA body.

4. The Pamir is curent controlled. I am wondering what would happen if one used a QTC pill with it. Does the light output reduce?

Thanks,
eala

Head sizes are different but threads are the same.Mine both like my pocket body the best with a qtc dropped in.Smooth output change on both.Only problem with pocket body is crushed batteries are a must.(AW and some others wont fit or crush)

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

Only these ones left:
3. Similarly, I would like to know what bodies the Ural head is compatible with. Does it have the same thread as the Logan or Night Patrol?
5. Is the Judco switch (or computer switch option) for the Ural fit and work on the adjustable Night Patrol? Wondering if the strobe function would work on the Night Patrol 600A (adjustable output).

eala

jorgen

Enlightened
3. The Ural head is compatible with the Everest, Pyrenees & K2.

5. The same Judco switch will work on the Ural and Night Patrol.
The computer switch is only fully featured on regulated lights, but, the slow strobe function works.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head is sealed and potted so I don't think it is.

Off topic, but your location says [503]. Are you from the 503 area code, as in the Portland area?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious if a Peak logan can be disassembled (is hard to do like a Surefire) and the optic swapped out?

Swapped with what? You can get the optic out by removing the retaining ring, it can be tricky, but it's possible. then , the o-ring and optic can be replaced, and the retaining ring must be pressed back in.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I was interested in a large optic, the one I have has a medium. Sounds like it would be more of a hassle than it is worth but I just wanted to know, thanks for the info.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
With Peak, Medium generally describes beam profile:

narrow
medium
flood

Size wise, Each head is made to fit the optic it comes with. Changing the diameter of the optic would require a new head to accommodate it. With the new Eiger Ultra for example, Logan optics are made to work with smaller bodies. It may be possible to make a Logan Ultra, but it too would require a new larger head to house it in.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Hey Dan, I have the medium and I find it to be a pretty good combo of flood and throw but I'd prefer a tad more flood if the large optic would provide that. I appreciate your input, do you think the standard Eiger would be even more flood than a Logan with a large optic?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yes, LEDs being equal, larger optics better control the output, making more throw - smaller optics making less throw, more (though unintended) flood.

Intentional flood (wide or no optic) would be even better.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Ok so I had it backwards. I assumed "large optic=large flood/Large hotspot" So for max flood in a Peak I'd want the small optic. Does that sound right to you Eguru?

manoloco

Enlightened
ES, for max flood with clean beam you should use no optic or reflector at all, its like a wall of light, Oveready is working on pure flood heads for some Peaks

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
In order of beam perfection, from least to most:

diffusion film
diffusion optic
no optic/reflector (mule)​

Diffusion film works better with a beam that is already semi blurred like the Triple. A beam that is tightly focused and pushed through a film will end up partially diffused. In words, converting back and forth doesn't work as well as all pieces working together.

In the case of the Peaks, a diffusion optic gives a beam like the m60F, shown on the left here next to a brighter M60 (borrowed from Yoda4561):

wlfm60beampattern.jpg

Its a very nice beam and the best currently available. I was just hoping to do even better.