San Jose/Bay Area GTG and BBQ 10/01/11

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
:party:Its time to bring the lights over and light up our neighborhood !!!!:party:

BBQ Potluck

Bring your family and friends !!!
Oct. 1st 2011
4 pm
Post how many are coming and what you'd like to bring for the pot luck.
Dont forget your lights !!!!!!

Our house is kid friendly and the pool will be open.
If you haven't joined us before send me a PM and I will send you the address.​

Attending
egrep
PCC + 2 dim sum
bigchelis + 1 hot links
csshih chips
elumen8 egg rolls
jake25
Max Power + 1 burgers and buns
modamag +3
JimH pasta salad
BVH + 1
unnerv
Ms SS +1
archer6817j
duffman
Weylan +2

This is a beam hot on the Palm tree a block away and it hasnt died from all the light yet.
Ryobi Home Depot light. 35 Watt HID
5067479658_d1dd2ed750.jpg

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
Very cool! I'm down. Don't know what I'll bring though... I'll let it develop and see what stands out?

Thanks!

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hasn't died? With all that extra light it should have gained three feet or more! :D

I'll be there with my two children. I think I'll bring a big box of dim-sum this time. Oh, and my lights, too!

samuraishot

Enlightened
I'll try to make it! SheDevil, can you please PM me your address? Coincidentally, I'll be in the area on Oct. 1, how cool is that? :) Ill try to work things out so that I can swing by - I've only got a few lights though, I hope that's ok :sigh:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can somebody with a DEFT EDC please bring one in....

It would be nice to see how it does against the Ahorton P60 Aspheric builds by PCC.:thumbsup:

220 OTF w/27.5K lux vs. 40K lux and ??? OTF lumens

Thank you,
Jose

samuraishot

Enlightened
Can somebody with a DEFT EDC please bring one in....

It would be nice to see how it does against the Ahorton P60 Aspheric builds by PCC.:thumbsup:

220 OTF w/27.5K lux vs. 40K lux and ??? OTF lumens

Thank you,
Jose

Hi Jose, I can't promise that I can make it, but if everything works out, then I'll bring my DEFT-EDC C2 (the actual one posted on Saablusters site) :)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jose, I can't promise that I can make it, but if everything works out, then I'll bring my DEFT-EDC C2 (the actual one posted on Saablusters site) :)

Awesome, you saved me $200 dollars. Well, there is alot of disbelief in what the DEFT EDC can actually deliver. So much, that I am about to purchase it on my own now just to be able to do some beamshots and get others at the get togethers opinion on what they think. PCC would have to have the contender finished by then of course, which I think is a pretty much done deal from his side.

Shootout....
27.5mm Aspheric EDC hosts vs. DEFT EDC Aspheric

Will brute lumens just overwhelm the tight hotspot of the XP-C R4????

Jose

Max_Power

Enlightened
I was beginning to wonder if there would be any flashaholic meet-ups this year. Count me in, and my mom will probably want to tag along as well. As for food, I will bring something... to be determined. Now I really have to find the mounting foot for the 200mm zoom lens... Craig, do you have a long zoom for the 100 meter beamshots? Maybe I can get by with just ultra-wide and medium lenses.

I just received my first zebralight, the SC51 high-CRI flood. I like it very much indeed, the tint is not too warm and the interface for changing brightness is great. Also got a pair of Malkoff M61 high-CRI drop-ins and camo MD2 hosts recently. The tint is pretty warm, but it makes my flower garden look beautiful (lots of browns, reds, pinks, purples, and greens.)

Max_Power

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was beginning to wonder if there would be any flashaholic meet-ups this year. Count me in, and my mom will probably want to tag along as well. As for food, I will bring something... to be determined. Now I really have to find the mounting foot for the 200mm zoom lens... Craig, do you have a long zoom for the 100 meter beamshots? Maybe I can get by with just ultra-wide and medium lenses.

I had to get rid of the 70-200 a while back. I've only got super wide!

Craig

Max_Power

Enlightened
Ok, I'll bring the full complement of camera stuff. I can still use the long lens without the correct mount, just a little less steady. And I have a new camera body, Nikon D7000.

I have posted a link to this thread from the previous get-together thread, so there will soon be a lot more foodies/flashaholics posting here.

With Dittmer's temporarily out of business (relocating after a fire), I can't get my standard Santa Maria marinated tri-tip. I'll have to think of something else...

--Max_Power

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count us 80% in.
Anyone with a high CRI, Quark RGB, please bring it along. I want to test them out for my night photography.