Found Dive Light? Ocean Pro? 4308 Bulb?

Hmmm

Newly Enlightened
Does any one have any information about Ocean Pro lights? I found one today at the SPCA and bought it for 5 dollars, the battery is discharged, I'm looking for a cord to charge it around my house.
It uses a 4308 GE bulb, I think its a divelight because it has a bunch of gaskets and has a screw in thing with a gasket over the charging port.
It uses a 6v 6AH battery.

Anyone know about this light or company?

mrm6287

Newly Enlightened
I believe that is an Oceanic OP-101 Ocean Pro light. It uses a sealed beam bulb and a 6 volt sealed lead acid battery. The back end of the light has a screw in cover that is used for accessing the charging port. If this is the light that I am thinking of it has a black body with a blue bezel holding on the bulb. Back in the day these were great lights for diving however technology has evolved so much since then with brighter and smaller lights that a lot of these lights are gathering dust in closets.

Richie086

Enlightened
Does any one have any information about Ocean Pro lights? I found one today at the SPCA and bought it for 5 dollars, the battery is discharged, I'm looking for a cord to charge it around my house.
It uses a 4308 GE bulb, I think its a divelight because it has a bunch of gaskets and has a screw in thing with a gasket over the charging port.
It uses a 6v 6AH battery.

Anyone know about this light or company?

Hi Hmmm,

One of my friends had one of these dive lights that he never used, and in brand new condition and gave it to me. The sealed bulb didn't work, it must have been knocked or something and of course the battery was beyond saving. But due to the new condition, I decided to spend some money on it and get it working again. I purchased a new bulb, battery, and generic multi-stage charger for it, which were not cheap. But it does work now so I'm happy with it. For any serious diving, I use a far more powerful light, but it's cool having one of these vintage dive lights around for kicks.

Did you ever get yours working?

Last edited: