Japanese lights. Where are they?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
^in one of those threads someone mentioned a specific sku number at an extreme website as being made in japan, but from the description it sounds like the seller only means the LED is MIJ. I'd like to see some too though.

DM51

Flashaholic
^in one of those threads someone mentioned a specific sku number at an extreme website as being made in japan, but from the description it sounds like the seller ... is M I J.
Hmm... I knew he lived in Japan and tried to pass off a lot of mass-produced crap as Custom-made, but I never knew his middle initial was "I".

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just buy American and Chinese lights to focus all their R&D on the giant mecha that they'll use to conquer the world.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Interesting question. I can't quite put this into words, exactly, but the Japanese don't strike me as a flashlight society. At the cultural extremes, everything is blazingly lit up with HD or neon, or spiritually lighted with those stone or paper lanterns. And they don't have a flashlight ecomomy either- as others have already stated, they hire people to do that stuff.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting question. I can't quite put this into words, exactly, but the Japanese don't strike me as a flashlight society. At the cultural extremes, everything is blazingly lit up with HD or neon, or spiritually lighted with those stone or paper lanterns. And they don't have a flashlight ecomomy either- as others have already stated, they hire people to do that stuff.

Good point. They make cars, tv's stereo systems and computers for export... why bother with 100$ items? They probably consider flashlights low-tech stuff anyways...

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point. They make cars, tv's stereo systems and computers for export... why bother with 100$ items? They probably consider flashlights low-tech stuff anyways...
It is not the value ($100) of the item but the size of the industry. They make many, many items that are $100 or less - wristwatches, digital cameras, household appliances, etc. The flashlight industry (in terms of dollars) as a whole is miniscule compared to the others.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not the value ($100) of the item but the size of the industry. They make many, many items that are $100 or less - wristwatches, digital cameras, household appliances, etc. The flashlight industry (in terms of dollars) as a whole is miniscule compared to the others.

I stand corrected (check out my avatar!)

Burgess

Flashaholic
A Swedish flashlight . . . .

Would *definitely* have S-O-S mode.

Probably would *also* have FERNANDO mode.

Perhaps maybe even WATERLOO mode.

(Long Pause)

Let's see how many CPF'ers manage to "get" this.

:whistle:
_

Lord Bear

Enlightened
C'mon. The Swedes also made the Volvo. (I do love the music however.) :)
(I refuse to mention Dancing Queen cuz it sounds too much like shelf queen.) LOL

Last edited: