Zebralight SC80

Lightman2

Enlightened
ZEBRA SC80

I can tell you now that this thing will be worth my consideration, what!! a light that takes both 123 or AA without an extender?? Interesting indeed and will absolutely suit me to the ground catering for my AA cell fetish and the 80 x 123 cells I have when I bought a heap some 10+ years ago. Pity it being 87mm long though. Ah well.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ZEBRA SC80

Mr. Zebralight,
I really love the idea of this light. If you are reading this, I have a few questions:
1) Will this light support Li-ion cells (14500 and RCR123?)
2) What will the voltage range be?
3) What will the difference in output be with each battery type (alkaline, eneloop, cr123, and Li-ion?)
4) How will the light compensate for the two different sized batteries -springs?
5) Will either the CR123 or the AA battery rattle inside the tube?

Thank You

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened

Mr. Zebralight,
I really love the idea of this light. If you are reading this, I have a few questions:
3) What will the difference in output be with each battery type (alkaline, eneloop, cr123, and Li-ion?)
4) How will the light compensate for the two different sized batteries -springs?

Thank You

My question exactly.....

ZebraLight

Enlightened

Mr. Zebralight,

Thank You

1) both 14500 and CRC123 are supported
2) 0.9V-4.2V
3) The output from alkaline/eneloop will be the same as the SC51/H51 and slightly higher with li-ons
4) you'll see
5) no

ASheep

Enlightened

If there is a Neutral model available, I'm there! This sounds like such a great concept, I may have to buy more than one!
Good work Zebralight for being so active on this forum, and for coming up with these great new models!

EDIT: As far as all these great new models are concerned, I'm seriously considering getting the new H51r soon, I was sorely disappointed when the H501r was discontinued, but the new model looks great! Also, I'm certainly getting a H502w when it comes out!

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:

chenko

Enlightened

I'm going to buy too many Zebralight flashlights in the future. H502W, Q50W, SC80W... Kudos for the great offerings ZL!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

sc80 & sc5 will both have the new type of smaller & more recessed button like on the sc600?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

sc80 & sc5 will both have the new type of smaller & more recessed button like on the sc600?

....and will the switch have more resistance (no more accidental activation in the pocket) like the sc600? If so, I will buy a few of these for myself and as gifts.

mrlysle

Enlightened

Cripes!!!! You guys are driving me NUTS! :devil: I have a SC51, and a SC60w. I want the SC600, and the SC600w, and now multi cell SC80???!!!!!!!!!! What the hell are you trying to do? Force me to mortgage my house? I'm going to ask the mods that everytime someone comes up with a new light, that the thread be deleted immediately! (or can someone float me a loan?) :hitit:

Lightman2

Enlightened

Cripes!!!! You guys are driving me NUTS! :devil: I have a SC51, and a SC60w. I want the SC600, and the SC600w, and now multi cell SC80???!!!!!!!!!! What the hell are you trying to do? Force me to mortgage my house? I'm going to ask the mods that everytime someone comes up with a new light, that the thread be deleted immediately! (or can someone float me a loan?) :hitit:

Mortgage that house mrlysle

Last edited: