Sawblade shuriken

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a sawblade isn't a knife, but when I was in the backyard playing the with dogs, I noticed a rusty old 8" sawblade under a pile of rubble. I picked it up and threw it shuriken style into one of my makeshift targets and to my surprise it stuck! I managed to stick 6 out of my first 7 throws from ~20 feet away. Anyway, I though it was cool...

IMG_7143_1024x768.jpg

:D

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see it now..... Homeland Security confiscates saw blades from CPF member!

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see it now..... Homeland Security confiscates saw blades from CPF member!

I've been actually thinking of hitting up thrift stores and buying rusted out old 8" saw blades to craft some mega shuriken out of... It's really satisfying to throw... last night I was hitting at ~40 feet.

Be careful and make sure you get your tetanus shots first!!

Thanks! I actually did scrape my thumb last night on a bad release... I'm going to take an orbital sander to it and buff all the rust off, then file the points sharper... Who knows, maybe it'll be an Olympic sport in 40 years... :D

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Lol, yeah, just be real careful, as you are someone who works with their hands, would be a shame if you cut your hands and weren't able to do delicate things for a few weeks. The worst time was when I cut my thumb and I couldn't click on my flashlights properly for a few days :(
When I was young, I loved TMNT and I used to get sheet metal and cut shurikens outta them and chuck em at tree trunks. They didn't have enough mass to stick, but it was damn good fun!

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, yeah, just be real careful, as you are someone who works with their hands, would be a shame if you cut your hands and weren't able to do delicate things for a few weeks. The worst time was when I cut my thumb and I couldn't click on my flashlights properly for a few days :(
When I was young, I loved TMNT and I used to get sheet metal and cut shurikens outta them and chuck em at tree trunks. They didn't have enough mass to stick, but it was damn good fun!

Thanks for your concern! I have a technique for a clean release... I've found for maximum penetration, I have to get the blade spinning as fast as possible upon release. As long as I haven't been drinking I shouldn't hurt myself. I too loved TMNT as a child... I used to read the old black and white comics with all the blood and sexual innuendo before they turned it into a cartoon - which I still loved sans violence! :D

Headline: "Lockjaw Terrorist captured. Homemade bio-weapons captured".

I could always pull a Viet Cong move and dip each tooth into human feces first. That'll really cause some long-term discomfort!