Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

marcis

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed these two new flashlights listed on Zebralights product comparison chart. Listed as 3x 18650 in flood, and spot/spill models. I am generally an AA guy, but may try this light due to the output.

Shenanigans

Newly Enlightened
Saweet, hopefully they aren't terribly expensive because I will have both of them. The specs say 3.5" & 4" length, either that's an error, or it's going to be an interesting design.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The specs say 3.5" & 4" length, either that's an error, or it's going to be an interesting design.

Yeah that doesn't sound right, but considering the trend lately is toward "soup can" ergonomics, you never know.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That could possibly be right for the 'bare' emitter version with 3 18650's side by side..

NickBose

Enlightened
"soup can" ergonomics

I'd choose soup can ergonomic over toilet plunger ergonomic without a blink.

Soup can or not, i almost get the Dry 3xXML at cnqualitygoods but this really made me think twice. I will most likely hold off and wait.

hazna

Enlightened
Soup can or not, i almost get the Dry 3xXML at cnqualitygoods but this really made me think twice. I will most likely hold off and wait.

If you want something now, just buy it. Knowing zebralight, it might take a bit of time before it comes to the market.

So the 'b' refers to a bare emitter, and all flood?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd choose soup can ergonomic over toilet plunger ergonomic without a blink.

Yeah that's the other extreme. Either all lined up in a plunger handle, or all bunched up in a can. Some proportion in between might be nice in the hand.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Some proportion in between might be nice in the hand."

2 x 26650s would give you that with capacity similar to 3 x 18650s. I'd be all over that....of course, I'll be all over this one as well! :D

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
It's a shame these are clearly so far away, as the concept really is mind-blowing. My only concerns are as follows:

1) At 4 inches dead, this is going to be even shorter than the SC600. The bezel is listed as significantly wider (obviously given the 3x18650 format), but at that length the reflector must surely be shallower as well. I'm just wondering what the beam profile is going to be like.

2) The Q50 and SC600 both step down after the first few minutes, and I imagine the same will be true of the S6330. So how long will we get 2400 lumens for, and what will we be left with after 5-10 minutes? Given the size of this thing, one has to wonder what kind of a step-down we'll see.

Still, this is a unbelievable idea. I mean, if they pull it off, ZL will be making a light that is brighter than the TK70, but only 4x2.25 inches in size (never mind the flood version). Obviously it's going to be a wall of light vs the TK70's flood-throw combo, but still...

You have to wonder how much money ZL could make if they decided to make a third version with a deeper reflector on it. With a larger potential cooling area it could run at max for longer, and would obviously have much better throw. I think they could tempt a lot more people with something like that.

ZebraLight

Enlightened
It's a shame these are clearly so far away, as the concept really is mind-blowing. My only concerns are as follows:

1) At 4 inches dead, this is going to be even shorter than the SC600. The bezel is listed as significantly wider (obviously given the 3x18650 format), but at that length the reflector must surely be shallower as well. I'm just wondering what the beam profile is going to be like.

2) The Q50 and SC600 both step down after the first few minutes, and I imagine the same will be true of the S6330. So how long will we get 2400 lumens for, and what will we be left with after 5-10 minutes? Given the size of this thing, one has to wonder what kind of a step-down we'll see.

Still, this is a unbelievable idea. I mean, if they pull it off, ZL will be making a light that is brighter than the TK70, but only 4x2.25 inches in size (never mind the flood version). Obviously it's going to be a wall of light vs the TK70's flood-throw combo, but still...

You have to wonder how much money ZL could make if they decided to make a third version with a deeper reflector on it. With a larger potential cooling area it could run at max for longer, and would obviously have much better throw. I think they could tempt a lot more people with something like that.

The profile/size of each reflector is EXACTLY the same as the SC600. A PID thermal regulation will be implemented using 288 brightness levels (all current regulated, but only a few are accessible by users). For safety, each battery is monitored and protected independently, so you can mix and match different ones (1-3, fully charged or partially charged/depleted, 2200/2600/2900 etc.).

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"For safety, each battery is monitored and protected independently, so you can mix and match different ones (1-3, fully charged or partially charged/depleted, 2200/2600/2900 etc.)."

Ok, now THAT is freakin' cool. Never heard of that!

So this is more or less like holding three SC600s very close together. JMO, but I agree with Philonious above that a farther throwing version of this would be really cool and quite a change for Zebralight. Not like this is going to be an EDC so a little extra length or even width would not be such a bad thing if it meant more throw.

P.S....WHERE IS THE SC600W?!? :)

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
The profile/size of each reflector is EXACTLY the same as the SC600.

Listen, I think you guys are being a bit irresponsible here. Bending the fabric of space-time, just so you can make your light 0.2 inches shorter, is very dangerous and likely to result in the destruction of the universe as we know it. You need to take a long, hard look at your manufacturing policies! :D

A PID thermal regulation will be implemented using 288 brightness levels (all current regulated, but only a few are accessible by users). For safety, each battery is monitored and protected independently, so you can mix and match different ones (1-3, fully charged or partially charged/depleted, 2200/2600/2900 etc.).

:drool:

Harry999

Enlightened
Very interesting. I have been avoiding the 18650 power lights because of their size. The Nitecore TM was the most interesting to me recently because it is smaller than most. The Zebralight version is even more interesting. I will keep an eye on this one...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ironic: :eek:oo: :eek: <- that's my face when I found this thread just now

Do take your time so my wallet has time to forgive me for the next 5 purchases!

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
I also wish these lights weren't so far away! :(

Zebralight if I may ask, what would the body diameter be for this light...? EDIT: Bezel diameter is 2.25 Inches (5.6 cm)

(I really hope this flashlight comes in at a good price point, I would love to get one!)

Last edited:

wink2769

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight's build quality compared to price point is amazing compared to most other manufactures. I really hope it continues as they move forward, especially with the s6330.

ZebraLight

Enlightened
I also wish these lights weren't so far away! :(

Zebralight if I may ask, what would the body diameter be for this light...? EDIT: Bezel diameter is 2.25 Inches (5.6 cm)

(I really hope this flashlight comes in at a good price point, I would love to get one!)

Bezel: 2.25 in (57mm)
Body: 1.75 in (44.4mm)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
S6330bw might be my first production light purchase in more than a year, if they make that option...