Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

Flashaholic

Default Re: Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

Unless you are ordering a SC600(w) ,I hope you have a whole lot of patience

Quote Originally Posted by excfenix View Post
    Someone please help me on this. I don't understand what any of this means. Just make sure it doesn't do any annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 does--if using temperature as a means to step-down.
    It will be helpful by referring to the following article:
    http://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/PIDforDummies.html
    In the implementation of S6330, the sensor in the first figure will be the temperature sensor, measured process variable will be the measured temperature, PID controller will be the microcontroller used for S6330 along with firmware code, set point will be the highest safe temperature for XM-L core, controller output will be the stepped down brightness level, either user-accessible or non-user-accessible brightness level in the 288 brightness levels,(if the measured temperature is higher than the highest safe temperature) or stepped up brightness level (if the measured temperature is lower than the highest safe temperature), process will be changing from current brightness level to the stepped down or up brightness level, process variable will be the added or reduced brightness level, and disturbance will be raised or lowered XM-L core temperature assosiated with the added or reduced brightness level.

Annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 will be eliminated or mimimized in the PID temperature control, since the difference of adjacent brightness levels is so small that it's hard to be perceived by eyes thanks to the subdivision of 288 brightness levels (graceful stepping down) in addition to that Integral and Derivative terms are addded in the controller to alleviate the steady-state error.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
    Last edited by juplin; 12-03-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juplin View Post
    http://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/PIDforDummies.html
    In the implementation of S6330, the sensor in the first figure will be the temperature sensor, measured process variable will be the measured temperature, PID controller will be the microcontroller used for S6330 along with firmware code, set point will be the highest safe temperature for XM-L core, controller output will be the stepped down brightness level, either user-accessible or non-user-accessible brightness level in the 288 brightness levels,(if the measured temperature is higher than the highest safe temperature) or stepped up brightness level (if the measured temperature is lower than the highest safe temperature), process will be changing from current brightness level to the stepped down or up brightness level, process variable will be the added or reduced brightness level, and disturbance will be raised or lowered XM-L core temperature assosiated with the added or reduced brightness level.

Annoying cycling between turbo and the next step-down like the TM11 will be eliminated or mimimized in the PID temperature control, since the difference of adjacent brightness levels is so small that it's hard to be perceived by eyes thanks to the subdivision of 288 brightness levels (graceful stepping down) in addition to that Integral and Derivative terms are addded in the controller to alleviate the steady-state error.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
    It's been a while, but thanks! I understand it now, lol. Your effort was not in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraLight View Post
    Bezel: 2.25 in (57mm)
    Body: 1.75 in (44.4mm)
    @ZebraLight; I'm really interested in the S6330 too! This seems like a great follow-on to your hugely successful S600 and a serious competitor against the Malkoff/Mag-Light craze.

Fwiw, your Bezel & Body dimensions are very close to the D-cell Mag-Lights I've used since the 80's ==> albeit, only 4 inches tall !?! <==

Please consider offering a turbo-head model or something with deeper reflectors and a little more more throw. (I'm planning to carry this in my car) A little extra height would also balance out the stumpy Mag-Light form-factor I'm visualizing and remain on par with a 4.8 inch can of soda-pop.

Hopefully Yours, and, Hopefully Soon; William

For what it's worth, I would be interested in a thrower too. I just got the TM11 and although I love the light,
    I can't help but FEELING it's not as powerful as my SR91 (although I KNOW it is) because of the lack of throw.

I also wanted it for the car for emergencies and I feel that more throw could be important if you should get stuck looking
    for a hurt animal or person and you have to be out in the terrain looking.

Thickness doesn't bother me and I think the TM11 is nicely balanced. I would love a simple interface, front button
    and a low and a super low mode for hundreds or even thousands of hours in case of an emergency.

ZebraLight always produces winners and I cannot wait for these next few models to come out.

i love my SC51 and SC600
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

I'm excited

Merry Christmas Zebralight
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

I've heard a lot of people saying "it's a shame it's so far away" but no info as to where they're getting this from. Is there a rough date of when this is coming out, or any other info yet?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CNqP6KIC
    Just the spreadsheet which has no release date for these two models. Might not be in 2012, that this is released though I hope I'm wrong
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

No lights have been able to capture my interest aftering finding out about these. I hope they're going to be out this year!
    Last edited by g.p.; 01-09-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Ditto, disappointing there is no information about it as far as a hint of release.

waiting for that awesome product.

I wonder how many lumens the light will stabilize temperature at if left on for 30+ min.
    Fenix LD01 R4, E05 R4, PD31, TK20, TK35, E11, Jetbeam BC25, RRT-0, Klarus NT20, iTP A3 R5, A3 Ti S2, 4Sevens Preon 1, Quark X 123^2, Sunwayman V10R Ti, Surefire G2X Tactical, ThruNite TN31, Mag-Lite XL50, Mag 2D XP-E

Any update on this model?

Quote Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
    Any update on this model?
    i wish
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

As soon as the cold fusion driver is ready, the light is coming out.

news about zebras???
    Fenix TK35 - Zebralight H600 - Olight M20 warrior XML U2 / xp-g R5 (smooth/OP) -KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode- Tank007 tk-360 mod with driver 2.8 A e led XML T6

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio90 View Post
    news about zebras???
    Its all there in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    Its all there in black and white.

No, you didn't?!

Quote Originally Posted by HIDblue View Post
    +1. I almost bought the TM11 during the black Friday sales, but this sounds like it's definitely worth the wait. I'm still amazed at the output of my new H600 and that's only on a single 18650.
    +2, same here, almost pull the trigger for RRT3 XM-L
    Loving my SC600 too, S6330 definitely worth the wait

I DID get the TM11 but wanted something with a little more throw so I'm curious about this one too.

I emailed Zebralight at the beginning of the month asking when these two were coming out and they told me in a few months.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Quote Originally Posted by 276 View Post
    I emailed Zebralight at the beginning of the month asking when these two were coming out and they told me in a few months.
    good work, thanks for reporting back

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    No, you didn't?!

LOL

It was like I was a Toon, and they sang out "Shave and a Hair Cut....."

My 2˘ was impossible to stop.

i send an email to zebra the say that start the production in between febrary and march.......but still nothing news about!!!!???!!!! i want buy one nitecore tm11 or niteye 30 but if the zebra release these new model i think to by only these zebra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on zebra more fastest!!!!!!!!
    Fenix TK35 - Zebralight H600 - Olight M20 warrior XML U2 / xp-g R5 (smooth/OP) -KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode- Tank007 tk-360 mod with driver 2.8 A e led XML T6

Flashaholic

i send an email to zebra the say that start the production in between febrary and march.......but still nothing news about!!!!???!!!! i want buy one nitecore tm11 or niteye 30 but if the zebra release these new model i think to by only these zebra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on zebra more fastest!!!!!!!!
    That's what I'm waiting for too! No more lights for me until these become available......
    Need...... more...... lights!

Flashaholic*

come on zebra more fastest!!!!!!!!
    Exactly! More fastest for me too please!

Ive just figured out why the new flashlights are being released as soon as we would all like. They are too busy answering emails about when stuff is coming out!
    What do you mean they blew up the death star.......... Wait....What the hell is an Aluminium Falcon?

I'd like to see a recoil reflector used in a light like this. I want to try some experiments with a heat pipe and a faceted small reflector to give reasonable throw and spill in a smaller-than-usual package. I guess it's time to cut up those spare laptops for their heatpipes...
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAppleSnail View Post
    ... I want to try some experiments with a heat pipe ... I guess it's time to cut up those spare laptops for their heatpipes...
    Hello AnAppleSnail; I've been joking about flashlights with *fans* and completely forgot about heat-pipes!

Note that someone built a jensen-case size light that pumps over 120 watts into a Luminus CSM-360 using heat-pipes here.

That said; I'll bet we see flashlights with heat-pipes before fans because heat-pipes work better for IPX7 (waterproof) testing too.

Take Care, William