appreciate other's talent

saypat

Enlightened
I've been trying to take pictures and post them lately. It's not that easy. it makes me appreciate some of the others here, especially some of the reviewers. These guys are good! :clap:

here are a couple of my latest:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not doing too bad there yourself buddy! As you'll come to learn as with most things, the more you practice the better you'll get at it. Just be glad we now have digital cameras and you're not wasting a lot of money and time on developing prints!

Also, mastering your camera's settings (especially if it has manual capability) and controlling the lighting in your scene are paramount to helping you improve your picture taking ability. Keep at it and looking forward to more from you.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are pretty good. It helps to have a tripod, which I rarely have with me.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Making a video and talking legibly to an inanimate camera without messing up is pretty darn hard too as I found out. You get better the more you get accustomed to talking to yourself though. Really makes you appreciate the effort it must've taken for people like nutnfancy to make 40 minute straight talking videos.

saypat

Enlightened
appreciate the kind words, thank you. Yes, a tripod would have helped, guess I moved. Even using the self timer helps quite a bit. And this was with a 50mm 1.8 lens which has a really shallow depth of focus as evidenced by the Nitecore labeling being in focus but the piston sure isn't! Video is another thing, down the road. I'll try some with my Flip Video refurbished $35 gem ":eek:) Thanks again for your encouragement....

patrick

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 50 f1.8 has very shallow depth of field wide open, using the flash can help if you stop the lens down a little, but I prefer the look of natural light.