Zebralight SC600w Waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaugen

Enlightened
Now that the Zebralight website says the SC600w release date is "TBD", how many of you are still holding out for the SC600w.

I am about to order a Zebralight SC600 because the wait is killing me...

I love the tint on my SC51w, but am trying to convince myself the brighter XM-L on the SC600 might look better in a cool white version.

LamontGrady

Newly Enlightened
I emailed them, they said they are still having trouble sourcing the exact tint they want for the LED. Made it sound like they are a month away or more. :( I have to say I appreciate that they are being picky, it bodes well for their lights being high quality.

I really wanted the W but I went ahead and ordered SC600 and had it in my hot little hand a couple days later. :thumbsup: I don't have enough experience with good flashlights to know what I'm missing, but I'm sure going to be tempted to want to try the W when it comes out. Most of my use for it will be woods/nature/camping/hiking so the vids showing the more natural color rendering sure have me intrigued.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know waiting is very hard, but why not wait. One month of waiting now may save years of "Why didn't I get the one I really wanted".
Of course, with a popular model like that you could buy it now then sell it on BST for a few dollars less than what you paid, so in effect, you would be 'renting' it for a few months for $20 or so.

Thrifty

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm holding out for the H600W... I'm not going to compromise for cool if I can get a neutral tint. The wait is hard, but at least it's not like they would be pulling out a neutral version at a later date without telling us first.

thaugen

Enlightened
Resistance was futile...I just placed an order for a Zebralight SC600!

The fact that the Zebralight "cools" seem less blue than most cools pushed me over the edge. I think I will enjoy this beautiful light!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Resistance was futile...I just placed an order for a Zebralight SC600!

The fact that the Zebralight "cools" seem less blue than most cools pushed me over the edge. I think I will enjoy this beautiful light!

Just took my SC600 on a camping trip over the weekend, and though I had other lights with me I ended up using the SC600 the whole time I was there. Does the cool white post a problem for me? Absolutely not. Those who knows me know that I am a high CRI, warm white and neutral white fan but I don't mind the tint generated by the SC600.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder what their problem with the tint is?

the Spark T5 XM-L NW headlamp I have has a great neutral tint...
its a bit more on the yellowy side rather than amber tho maybe
they want it to have more reds?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder what their problem with the tint is?

the Spark T5 XM-L NW headlamp I have has a great neutral tint...
its a bit more on the yellowy side rather than amber tho maybe
they want it to have more reds?

Based on their lights so far, I'd say they're looking for a particular color temp... they like their lights to be about 4,500K... The T5 that's in my E03 is definitely on the warm side... I'd say closer to 4,000 K. Maybe they just don't want something that warm. JetBeam is using 5,000 K 'neutral' XML's in the PA40 and BC40, so maybe they're waiting for something like that.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer warm and neutral tints, but I love my SC600 and the tint doesn't bother me a bit as it is not too cool for me. I may pick up a neutral when it comes out, but to say the least, I'm very satisfied with the tint on my SC600.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on their lights so far, I'd say they're looking for a particular color temp... they like their lights to be about 4,500K... The T5 that's in my E03 is definitely on the warm side... I'd say closer to 4,000 K. Maybe they just don't want something that warm. JetBeam is using 5,000 K 'neutral' XML's in the PA40 and BC40, so maybe they're waiting for something like that.

It's probably about consistency through their product line. Same tint whatever the model is. I think it's very nice of them, although I don't mind much if there's a little tint difference if the color rendition is as good.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's probably about consistency through their product line. Same tint whatever the model is. I think it's very nice of them, although I don't mind much if there's a little tint difference if the color rendition is as good.

I agree; I'd rather wait a little longer and have the tints be more consistent across their different models than take a chance with a total crap-shoot, unlike some other companies I wont mention...

thaugen

Enlightened
My Zebralight SC600 arrived today and I am very pleased. This light is very compact in size, but packs a powerful punch! It feels very nice in my hand and I really like the Zebralight UI. It is a little stiffer than the SC51w and H51fw switch, but not too stiff. My AW2900 battery fits perfectly. The beam is a nice cool white color. To my eye it leans a bit on the yellow side in the hot spot and has a slightly purple hue in the spill.

Thanks for all your help with this purchase!

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I've been waiting awhile now for the sc600w. I won't buy the cw version. Only neutrals for me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.