• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired "The Long Way Home" / A Companion Light for the Flashoholic Hiker!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Sold*

Ever been out in the woods and wanted a light that you knew could get you home? Hate worrying about changing four different batteries? Don't care for crazy disco modes? Prefer a clean, simple UI? How about form factor? Do you like something compact?

May I present "The Long Way Home," A Companion Light for the Flashoholic Hiker!

Specs:

• one neutral XP-G emitter, XP-G R4 5C
  • runs off one 32650 LiCo cell (included)
  • a beautiful silver/pewter host
  • compact—just large enough for the battery and electronic guts
  • light orange peel reflector...small center with large spill beam
  • rear reverse clicky embedded in the tailcap
  • uses my all time favorite Shiningbeam Perfect Regulated driver
  • if we figure 5aH capacity then we get
High = 1,000mA = 325 lumens for 5 hours
Medium = 350mA = 130 lumens for 14 hours
Low = 80mA = 30 lumens for 62 hours

High is quite bright to see what just went bump in the woods, medium is a fantastic output for hiking on the path, and low...well, low will last a loooooooong time!

If you love the L-Mini II as much as I do, then you will love its unofficial older sibling, "The Long Way Home."

Payment Details:

1) The first "I'll Take It" posted in this thread secures the light for 24 hours and overrides email/PM until I state otherwise.

2) I take PayPal, USPS (postal) money orders, bank/teller's check, and cash if you'd like to come by in person and check it out.
USPS (postal) money orders, bank/teller's checks, and cash are all preferred over PayPal.

Please contact me privately for questions about payment/shipping/The-True-Meaning-of-Life and I will make every effort to respond within 24 hours.

Contact by email is greatly preferred, as there are places I cannot access CPF where I can access my email.

3) I will ship anywhere in the world for an additional fee. Please email me with where you are, and I'll find out how much.

Here is my email:

email.jpg

(making your email an image is an easy way to avoid SPAM—I highly recommend it! Here is a simple link)

4) If you desire USPS Delivery Confirmation, please add 80 cents.

Take it home for $225 $200 $165

Trades:

If you have successfully modified a Shiningbeam S-Mini by swapping both the LED and driver, then we may be able to work something out. I have an LED and driver I would like substituted into an S-Mini. I would deduct the cost of the S-Mini and the mod work from the sale price. I am looking for someone with prior experience in modifying an S-Mini, who has both an S-Mini ready to go and a patient hand for the accompanying work. :)

Pics:

Click on each thumbnail for a much larger picture. As you can see, the light orange peel is perhaps more accurately described as a very fine peach fuzz. The beamshots are not meant to illustrate the absolute brightness of the light; rather, they are intended to demonstrate the beam profile. According to our friendly Cree output table, with an R4 efficiency bin we should be getting about 325 lumens in high, 130 lumens in medium, and a gentle 25 to 30 lumens in low, with that last value being a best guess since I can't go less than 100mA in the Cree tool.

Other Notes:

The tailcap is quite stiff and requires some effort to loosen and tighten. I would recommend some lubricant to loosen thinks up. You surely will not lose the tailcap by accident!

The light was returned to its creator, and a new, smaller o-ring was installed so the cap closes much better. Additionally, a new switch was swapped for the original. All better!

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the interest, scout! I updated the initial post with a few additional thoughts and some quick pics of the body and some beamshots in the washer/dryer room. I included at the emitter output values from the Cree tool, as well as my best guess for what low is. Hope this helps!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attention to those outside the United States:

This item ships with no additional/international shipping fees if you buy me one of these and one of these. Straight swap, the flashlight for the pair of light blinkies, shipping included, anywhere in the world.

Here is the regulation curve (not the runtime, since this is for a smaller capacity 18650 cell) on the driver inside this light:

High

Medium

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light has been refurbished by its creator with a new clicky switch and new o-ring, so it should close much better than before.

Nice big price drop of $25!

This is a really cool hiking light, with a nice spot and warm, wide spill. It is compact, durable, and looks quite snazzy. And when that next storm hits and you lose power, put it in a mug or against a rigid object, and enjoy the very long ceiling bounce runtime on low!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: "The Long Way Home" / A Companion Light for the Flashoholic Hiker! $155

Hi, Bill. The light uses the L-Mini II Perfect Regulated Driver, which gives one amp on high.

Here is the link to specs.

It's my favorite driver ever!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM Sent

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

All PMs replied.

One of our friends asked about shipping costs to Australia.

1) I can get it to Australia by First-Class Mail International Package for $20, and it should arrive in up to 14 days. That is the most economical.

2) Priority Mail International is six to ten days at $33.

3) Express Mail International is quite pricey at $41, but should arrive in a week.

Light should go out Wednesday, so we get:

1) First-Class = $20 = Nov. 23rd

2) Priority = $33 = Nov 19th

3) Express = $41 = Nov 16th

This is for members in Australia—rates to other parts of the world may and probably will vary.

@mvyrmnd, it is early in New York and I did the math wrong. First-Class should be Nov 23rd, max., and not the 30th. I counted one line too far on the calendar.

As always, should someone in Australia wish to stop by for local pickup, they are always welcome!

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM replied!

—and Inbox cleared.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

mvyrmnd, PM sent!

The question came up whether or not the head could be removed to swap emitters. I contacted the light's creator, and the answer is "yes." The head is not glued shut.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

—still here!

Last chance before price goes back up!

EDIT: Expired

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday Sale

Lowest price you will see: Take her home for $135.00 delivered anywhere in the United States!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sales are over. Since the initial offering at $200.00 seems to be too high, we'll bring the regular, non-sale price down to $165.00, and leave her there.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ladies and gentlemen, when I received the refurbished light back from its creator, I knew that he had adjusted the threads and tail clicky to operate more smoothly, but had left the light in the box. I cut the tape at PF, and to say the creator did an outstanding job tweaking the light is an understatement. The clicky now has just the right amount of travel before securely clicking on, and once engaged, changes modes wonderfully. The improved threads/o-ring at the tail are buttery smooth.

This is the ideal compact hiking/dog walking/outdoor adventure/camping light where you can choose either ultra long runtime, fantasic high mode, or a perfect compromise in medium.

Trades: Will trade the light for an excellent condition CMG Infinity Government edition plus cash. PM me and we'll work something out.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Birthday Sale

Yesterday was my birthday, so today, take "The Long Way Home" for $130.00.

EDIT: Sale Over.

Last edited: