Black Moon LTD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Long Way Home" / A Companion Light for the Flashoholic Hiker!

Default Re: "The Long Way Home" / A Companion Light for the Flashoholic Hiker!

What is the current price?

Bill

Hi, Bill, and thanks for stopping by.

No sales/specials right now, so the price is $165.00 delivered anywhere in the 50 United States.

International is extra.

Things I've had on my mind lately for trade plus cash:

-Xeno S3A XM-L T6 Neutral White 280 Lumen EDC Flashlight
    -Shiningbeam S-Mini neutral
    -8GB DDR2 800mhz RAM
    -Lumens Factory EO-E1R
    -#640 Sirius LED Strobe Light

I will do a straight trade for a brand new Gregory Baltoro backpack.
    Last edited by LEDAdd1ct; 06-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

All Private Messages replied to!

One of the PM's asked the following questions:

1) How is the heatsinking? Any issues with heat?

2) Has the stock switch been totally bypassed for minimal resistance?

My Answers:

1) Heat Sinking

It has a dedicated heatsink in it. At one amp to an XP-G with a nice, chunky heatsink, you should never, ever have a problem with heat.

2) Mag Switch

There is no Mag switch anymore. The light has been cut down from both ends. If you click here, you can see the light has been chopped and rethreaded twice over, once for the head, once for the tail:

Link to Pic

Any other questions please let me know.
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

I will take it.

Bill

Done!

Let me know how you'd like to pay.

It's easier for me to communicate by email, but I know PM is better for others:

EDIT: PM replied to with payment directions.

This light is now sold.

Light will ship shortly.
    Last edited by LEDAdd1ct; 06-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Since some people were asking about the heatsink, I snapped some quick photos before mailing the light off to Bill. They are thumbnails, so click each one for a much larger view.

Hope it serves you well!

Hi,

I created this light for LEDAdd1ct as he requested a 1D host with a reverse clicky tail. I made this as a host and offered to him. It ended up turning out to be a complete build. The heatsink was turned from 6061 bar stock. It is very beefy and more than adequate for one XPG at 1 amp. The driver is a press fit into the back of the heatsink which has a brass ring pressed into it. Then the driver negative is soldered to the brass. Both ends were cut and rethreaded. The inside of the tail cap was threaded and a custom switch adapter was fabricated.

JasonH
    Too bad I'm blind.

JasonH, thank you for stopping by. I wasn't sure whether you were okay with my publicizing that you built this for me.

It is an outstanding build, with topnotch workmanship. Everything about the light is beautiful.

EDIT: A lot of this hobby involves trying something, and if you find you aren't using it as much as you hoped, passing it on. I know I said this to you before, but my decision to let this go is in absolutely no way a reflection of the quality of the build. You built a solid, custom piece, and your hard work definitely shows.
    Last edited by LEDAdd1ct; 06-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks JasonH, and LEDAdd1ct, I am looking forward to this creation. It looks like it could be outfitted with another LED down the road, if I am so inclined. Thanks,

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12