Solitaire beam shot's

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: Solitaire beam shot\'s

Take a look in the Beamshots Database stickie in the Reviews Forum and see if anyone has posted a beam shot there.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Take a look in the Incandescent section of http://torchreviews.net for a Bite Sized review of the Solitaire. Unless your name is Tony Maglica. In which case please don`t look there, you won`t like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

solitairenarrowbeam.jpg
solitairewidebeam.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whaddaya want for $5?

Plus, the bulb can spend some time in a MiniMag if you want to use your dead batteries to LED-like levels.

RevDavid

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Chris M. said:
Take a look in the Incandescent section of http://torchreviews.net for a Bite Sized review of the Solitaire. Unless your name is Tony Maglica. In which case please don`t look there, you won`t like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif ROFL

Oops... looked at beamshots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

David <><

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Whaddaya want for $5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until a few days ago I would have said the same thing. I mean how much can you expect from a tiny little AAA light that can be had for 5 bucks at Wally-World. That is until I found the Dorcy AAA LED light in the same price range. Looks like Mag really needs to get on the ball if they intend to maintain the share of the market they have.

I know the bulbs in the 2 lights are completely different, but we are still seeing that very useful and very bright (for the size) lights are beginning to make Mag look very outdated indeed.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they only cost 5 bucks in this country I`d quit complaining! But most places sell them for GB£10-15 ($15-22), and you can be really unlucky and pay more some places. OK there are some others that are cheaper too, but unless you find one at a discount store in the bargain bin, you`re stuck handing over a fortune for those little underperformers.

Most people here have no clue and buy them regardless. At least some light is better than no light, most of the time.....

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, no way I'd pay that for a solitaire. sheesh.

Mine was off my keychain the second I got a few Photo II microlights, which did cost $20 or more.

I'd love to see the video, but Windows Media 9 codecs are Windows Only.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

peter gransee, that's a nice way to give mag the finger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Solitaire beam shots

I guess it would be. I wonder how the Photon compares to the Solitaire in a similar comparison.

Little lights like these are where LEDs really make a difference over incandescents. Anything big, they seem to at most double the efficiency. A2 (50l for 40 min) vs L4 (60l for 60 min) for example, down to the Opalec about doubling battery life in a MiniMag.

The solitaire is cool, when it has a fresh battery. The Arc AAA ran its batt. down under a volt and I never even realised it had happened.