Another LED based A19 in the press

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does kind of look like a thermal detenator :)

720 lumens is far from a dog though and is rather impressive. Spreading lower powered LEDs around in such a fashion insures maximum thermal convection with the given size restrictions, so it's one end of the engineering envelope.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
B22 socket means 230V 60Hz. UK and some Commonwealth nations.

90 LED dies from 230VAC (340VDC). Don't think they need a driver. Just a capacitor resistor network.

Harold_B

Enlightened
B22 socket means 230V 60Hz. UK and some Commonwealth nations.

90 LED dies from 230VAC (340VDC). Don't think they need a driver. Just a capacitor resistor network.

Huge advantage in that market. I'd really like to see the IES files so that I could see for myself if the point sources will integrate properly. Better Thermal management is the claim for the design.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
The unique design looks interesting but I wonder if all the open cavities on this bulb's ventilated "aluminum cage" might collect dust, lint or be inviting to insects.*

Years ago, I had an old style straight tubular CFL that I had running in a driveway post lamp catch fire because of a thick cluster of tiny dead insects that had accumulated between the closely spaced tubes at the lower part of the bulb, just above the ballast. (This problem does not occur with spiral CFL bulbs used in the same location, BTW.)

* I'm aware of the debate about whether LEDs attract insects at all but many insects are simply attracted to dark warm places.

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Novel look. 'Seems that manufacturers are beginning to realize that not everything has to look like an incandescent light bulb.