Suggestions for an all round bicycle light

London_lad

Newly Enlightened
Hello Folks

I would like some advice on buying a new flashlight/torch.

I am looking for a flashlight to do 2 things. Firstly I want to use it on my bicycle to ride in the dark. I am going to be riding on the roads where there is lighting as well as off it where there will be no light at all.

Secondly I need the same flashlight to be a self defence tool so that should someone break into my house (as its happened a lot in my neighbourhood recently) shining the super bright light will repel them or failing that temporarily blind them.

I recently received a Led Lenser P7. I didn't like it because its 200 lumens capacity was way too short of what I wanted. In the dark it didn't illuminate enough & in the city the light got wash out by other car lights & street lighting meaning I wasn't able to see what was in front of me either way. It did have adjustable focus which I did like a lot but it's not a must since I understand there are not that many lights that have this feature.

So far after reading a number of threads I have been considering a Led Lenser X21 mainly because it's supposed to be quite bright & at the same time the focus is adjustable.

Could someone offer any alternative suggestions as to what maybe a good or better option for what I need the light for? Adjustable focus is not a must. My budget is a maximum of £200 ($300 US).

Any suggestions would be most welcome & appreciated.

Thank you