Unique Titanium
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 75W/55W/35W HID Flashlight in Ebay

Enlightened

Default Re: 75W/55W/35W HID Flashlight in Ebay

So you are getting better run times now? Cool. And yes, maybe you could check your battery while charging, every 30-40 mins or so, and when it hits 12.6v take it off the charger, because even though you get higher energy while overcharged it often drastically reduces the life of the cell. Also, stick the multimeter tip in your charger and the negative on the metal outside of it and see what its charging at, they may have given you the wrong charger.
    Xeccon SSK-20S 75w HID (7800maH)(Stolen 15*LED XM-L Ultrafire LED Flashlight *4 26650's. Nailbender XM-L P60 drop in and XP-E2 in M3 w/ L2P w/ext-tube-2*18650's. DRY 3*XM-L LED Flashlight *4 18650's. Many More. CALLIES Batteries!

Hey there! Doodle I checked these voltages out before, 12.4 was max when charger showed , green lite full, i don't remember the other readings but based on other posters results I concluded mine were in the ball park, I am getting better run times since I started using it more and not always on hi. I didn't have the nerve to stick multimeter probes into charger connector, I don't like getting zapped, I will run the set of voltage checks the next time I charge the battery, but right now I am enjoying xbox 360 with my three kids, and helping them with their toys! My toys have to wait for a while, thanks to all for the good info and teaching me a lot, merry Christmas all!

Quote Originally Posted by dwar06 View Post
    I am getting better run times since I started using it more and not always on hi.
    This makes perfect sense because of Peukerts factor. Google PF and read how battery capacity (actual Watts delivered) is reduced the higher the load placed upon the battery is. A simple theoretical example. If a battery provides 10 Watt hours till it's completely discharged when powering a 5 watt load, that same battery will provide maybe 6 or 7 Watt hours when powering a 10 Watt load till it's completely discharged. If you're running your light in lower modes, you will get more capacity from the battery.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Hey ther! I am a technology teacher, 8th grade I should know all this stuff, my basic electronics course taught me how to use a multiple meter, ohms law, circuit board design, with etching using acid bath(fun) and I enjoyed it all, I will learn more about lights and research info thru you guys and maybe teach my school kids a unit on lighting tied into energy conservation, another teacher bought a 5 million candle power beam, expecting to power a small solar panel to run a 10 inch solar car, he was disappointed, not enough heat, I would like to help him with that issue, perhaps it's kelvin measurements or magnification lenses that must be addressed?

Hi

What are the outputs from the Battery ???

Has anyone posted this ?

Three Output Pins

K = ?
    D = ?
    + = Batt Pos-V ?

Can someone put a meter on these and see what happens as the modes are altered (OFF/LOW/MED/HIGH)

Does one stay at 0V/NEG-V
    etc.

Cheers
    Pete

Switch off

D and + = 10.84 v , + and K = 0.001v , d and k = 0.001v

Switch red

D and + = 6.587v , + and k = 11.052v, d and k = 4.464v

Switch blue

D and + = 8.648v, + and K = 11.052v, d and k = 2.40v

Switch Green

D and + = 11.051v, + and k =11.051v, d and k = 0.387v.

Does this help?
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Quote Originally Posted by mohanjude View Post
    Switch off

D and + = 10.84 v , + and K = 0.001v , d and k = 0.001v

Switch red

D and + = 6.587v , + and k = 11.052v, d and k = 4.464v

Switch blue

D and + = 8.648v, + and K = 11.052v, d and k = 2.40v

Switch Green

D and + = 11.051v, + and k =11.051v, d and k = 0.387v.

Does this help?
    Yes - Probably !!!!

My Guess is . . .

+ = Batt+
    K = Batt- (0V)
    D->K is Set Output Level (or D->+ is set level ?)

Is Green MAX Output ?

Which colour is each Power Level associated with ? Low/Med/High (or Watts if you know)

RED=
    BLUE=
    GREEN=

Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by petrev; 01-04-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petrev View Post
    Yes - Probably !!!!

My Guess is . . .

+ = Batt+
    K = Batt- (0V)
    D->K is Set Output Level (or D->+ is set level ?)

Is Green MAX Output ?

Which colour is each Power Level associated with ? Low/Med/High (or Watts if you know)

RED= Low 35w
    BLUE= medium 65 w
    GREEN= high 75w

Cheers
    Pete

RED= Low 35w
    BLUE= medium 65 w
    GREEN= high 75w
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Thanks

May suggest (guess) that just supplying 12V across K and + and leaving D float (0) will give Full Power ?!?!?

Any experts ??????

Cheers
    Pete

what does the torch look like? would guys above related to the topic share the photo of the HID flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by led2011 View Post
    what does the torch look like? would guys above related to the topic share the photo of the HID flashlight
    Search on eBay brings up a lot of pictures . . .

" 75w hid torch "

Unenlightened

I took the plunge and disassembled the battery pack just to have a look if there were any bare wires that could cause the problems.

The front end with charger plug and terminals seen from the rear / inside.

Side view, showing the spring loaded pins:

The whole battery unit with cutout to show the cell specifications. they are arranged in a 3x3 cell triangle.

Closeup:

Ahh

So Outside / Inside

+ = B(ATT)+
    D = H/L (HIGH/LOW?)
    K = Green Wire (BATT-NEG?)

Cheers for the photos.

Wink2 Re: 75W/55W/35W HID Flashlight in Ebay

sounds strange but does anybody know if I can get bulbs at about 12000K? I need a portable light for UV photography. Any ideas? Thanks!

thanks. The seller on ebay insisted that it was the voltage driving the bulb that would change the colour of the light. When I disagreed he became rather patronising. below is his response "no , my friend ,the color tempreture is decided by the volume of battery ,not by the bulb , 65w battery's volume is 6600mAh ,and the color tempreture is 6000K ,while 75w is 7800mAh , 8000k ,please note this ! by the way ,the difference between the 65w and 75w is the battery ,75w is updated from 65w . -qpstore_de"

Quote Originally Posted by futurekey View Post
    sounds strange but does anybody know if I can get bulbs at about 12000K? I need a portable light for UV photography. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Welcome to CPF!

I think I saw your other post with the same subject but in connection with a conventionally formed flashlight. I've not come across any "Maglight" style HID's with bulb temps that high. 8000K is about it, I think. However, there is no shortage of HID kits on Ebay with 12000K color temp bulbs. If you buy a large spotlight and mod it to HID, you could easily fit a slim ballast kit with 12000 bulb into it. Regarding the quote you cited in your above post...A battery certainly does not determine HID bulb color temp. The different blends of gases and solids in the arc chamber does. To a small extent, "over driving" a bulb with more power than it was designed to operate at with a higher power ballast can result in lowering the color output of a given HID bulb by a little bit. Maybe this is what the Ebayer was trying to say. In his mind, Bigger battery = more power to the bulb. Obviously not the case with HID.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Quote Originally Posted by petrev View Post
    Ahh

So Outside / Inside

+ = B(ATT)+
    D = H/L (HIGH/LOW?)
    K = Green Wire (BATT-NEG?)

Cheers for the photos.
    There are 2 Black wires going to the terminal -ve ? Are both the black wires going into the battery? Now looking at this design of the battery it does not appear to have the ability to monitor the individual cells when charging. This could lead to problems if 1 or 2 cells become faulty due to poor matching.

What is the point of the yellow wire ? The pin appears to be on the pad - is yellow wire acting as a bridge ?(not clear from photo)

Thanks BVH for the quick and detailed reply. Looks like modding a spotlight is the way to go. There are a couple of portable HID 5200 on ebay claiming to accept H3 bulb. Does that mean I can get 12000K H3 bulb from those car kit and plug into this light or do I have to mess with the ballast or fittings etc? Another concern is that the diameter is like 8 inch/20cm which is huge that you can hardly get any serious filter on it to reduce VIS/IR contamination. Are there any other recommendations e.g. smaller diameter(preferably roughly 2~3 inches range) HID spotlight/searchlight/huntlight with easy replaceable bulbs you can find with color temp in the 11000K and above? Thank you! Any of you reading this post!

Matt at BatteryJunction - dot - com (a vendor here on CPF) sells the Titanium line of HID lights. The N30 and the L35 are relatively small, 35 Watt HID lights and sport a 3-4" reflector. I am not sure of the "H" designation of their bulb but I'd guess it might be an H3. (Call and ask) I have one of each of these lights and they are great. Buy one of these and buy the appropriate "H" - 12000K bulb from an Ebay seller and you should be good to go. You'll want to get the light first so you can measure the distance between the bulb flange mounting face and the center of the arc chamber so you can verify with the Ebay seller that his/her bulb has the same measurement. Otherwise, you might loose the focus. This might sound difficult but it's a snap once you physically see what I'm talking about.

There are 2 Black wires going to the terminal -ve ? Are both the black wires going into the battery? Now looking at this design of the battery it does not appear to have the ability to monitor the individual cells when charging. This could lead to problems if 1 or 2 cells become faulty due to poor matching.

What is the point of the yellow wire ? The pin appears to be on the pad - is yellow wire acting as a bridge ?(not clear from photo)
    Hi

Difficult to see exactly from the photos but looks like

BATT.NEG=Green
    BATT.POS=RED
    Level=BLUE
    2 Black wires should be the node wires for the inter-cell points inside the pack.

Yellow looks like the POS to the Ballast/Bulb.

Pete

Cough..If with that kind of budget, I 'd rather get a magnalight EPL-UV-20W or a hoplight 365. No offense to the BatteryJunction guy here. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Norselight View Post
    I took the plunge and disassembled the battery pack just to have a look if there were any bare wires that could cause the problems.

Hi

Have you taken the body apart at all ????

Just wondered how many parts the Head +Heatsink +Body +??? came apart into - Photos of the disassembled host would be great if you have a chance !

Cheers
    Pete

Unenlightened

Hi, i didn`t take any pics of the whole unit disassembled unfortunately but it consist of the following:

The tube and head seems to be in one piece with the front glass ring holding the reflector and glass in place.
    When you remove the reflector you will see three small screws around the bulb assembly, this is all that keep the bulb and ballast in place and it will drop out the same way as the battery when you unscrew them. The bulb and ballast is in one cylindrical piece as mentioned before and goes in and out the same way as the battery.
    If you decide to disassemble yours i would recommend that you do so with the battery in place or at least have some foam or similar in the bottom of the tube to catch the ballast when it drops down.

Quote Originally Posted by Norselight View Post
    Hi, i didn`t take any pics of the whole unit disassembled unfortunately but it consist of the following:

The tube and head seems to be in one piece with the front glass ring holding the reflector and glass in place.
    When you remove the reflector you will see three small screws around the bulb assembly, this is all that keep the bulb and ballast in place and it will drop out the same way as the battery when you unscrew them. The bulb and ballast is in one cylindrical piece as mentioned before and goes in and out the same way as the battery.
    If you decide to disassemble yours i would recommend that you do so with the battery in place or at least have some foam or similar in the bottom of the tube to catch the ballast when it drops down.
    Hi

Thanks for the info.

Cheers
    Pete

Hey...was given one of these for future gps contest I do. Should be interesting. Got a spare battery and light with it. Will have to play with it some more tonight as last night I got it kind of late in the evening. Biggest lite I have so far.

Hello

Where can I buy this flashlight (with battery and charger) at a good price?
    I've tried on ebay but it 's not sold any more.

Quote Originally Posted by skan View Post
    Hello

Where can I buy this flashlight (with battery and charger) at a good price?
    I've tried on ebay but it 's not sold any more.

Hi

Still a couple on eBay

search - 75W HID

Lots available on UK eBay but they are restricted for delivery to EU + Canada.
    Seems to be a problem with US rules !!!!

Pete

I've found it, thanks
    though the cheapest I could find is $125 (the black one with with 6600mAh battery) or $145 (grey with 7700mAh battery).

I have two bulb/ ballast, the original one works fine the new one only flashes for a split second and I need to reset the battery.
    Has anyone figured out why yet?

Ok...Maybe someone can explain this one then.
    If I take a batt and the new light and line them up on a flat surface and hit power, the light works.
    When I put those two back in the flashlight housing, I get a short flash of the bulb and need to reset the battery and no light.
    Last edited by Mar; 02-15-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Unenlightened

I experienced the same thing on mine, i think the issue might be the contacts not lining up properly.

When you buy from Hong Kong, or England on Ebay..... What is the import duty fees for shipping to the US? It says it is not included with the actual shipping fees posted.....