Acebeam
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JetBeam RRT-21 & RRT-15 (XM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO & more!

Default Re: JetBeam RRT-21 & RRT-15 (XM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO & more!

My RRT-15 arrived today.

I am glad that I opted for the extension tube, since as well as allowing the use of 2 x 18650, it also feels better balanced, compared to the non extended version with 3 x CR123's.

Default Re: JetBeam RRT-21 & RRT-15 (XM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO & more!

And now for the outdoor shots. These beamshots were done in the style of my earlier 100-yard round-up review. Please see that thread for a discussion of the topography (i.e. the road dips in the distance, to better show you the corona in the mid-ground).

Sorry, the PA40 should say 4x, not 8x.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Fenix LD60.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Do you know if the Rrt-21 is compatible with jetbeam's pressure pad tailcap?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    My RRT-15 arrived today.

I am glad that I opted for the extension tube, since as well as allowing the use of 2 x 18650, it also feels better balanced, compared to the non extended version with 3 x CR123's.
    You got picks at all of the RRT15 with the extender attached?

Did you go the smooth or tactical extender?
    Icon Solo, G2Z M60L - Gunmetal 6P P60L - C2 M60 - E1B - E1L - Black 6P w/R2, Gunmetal 3D Mag w/Malkoff 245L

Got my RRT15 today along with the smooth extender. Not a bad unit with the extra runtime using 2 x 18650 size rechargeables.

The light looks alot better without the extender but a small price to pay using the rechargeable batteries.
    Icon Solo, G2Z M60L - Gunmetal 6P P60L - C2 M60 - E1B - E1L - Black 6P w/R2, Gunmetal 3D Mag w/Malkoff 245L

Still waiting for the Ti version...

Flashaholic

Deleted
    Last edited by funkychateau; 09-06-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Do you guys think its okay to use the AW18650 3100mah protected cell for the RRT-21? Will that give me the most run time and most brightness out of this light? Will it hurt the light at all?
    Last edited by piang829; 09-17-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piang829 View Post
    Do you guys think its okay to use the AW18650 3100mah protected cell for the RRT-21? Will that give me the most run time and most brightness out of this light? Will it hurt the light at all?
    Should be fine. I haven't specifically tested it, but other flat-top AW cells work fine in the RRT-21. It will definitely give you the best combination of output and runtime.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Fenix LD60.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    My RRT-15 arrived today.

I have a RRT-15 on the way and would really appreciate any pics you have with the extender on it. If anyone else has extension pics, that would also be great.

Thanks for the great review (as usual). Sorry to bump this thread up, but I'm more and more interested in lights with a variable selector ring, actually looking for one that would take a 18650 battery AND would be "visually-linear". It is such a pitty that the RRT-15 is not, and if I remember well neither is the new Nitecore SRT6. Any suggestion? Surprisingly, they're so few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapis View Post
    Thanks for the great review (as usual). Sorry to bump this thread up, but I'm more and more interested in lights with a variable selector ring, actually looking for one that would take a 18650 battery AND would be "visually-linear". It is such a pitty that the RRT-15 is not, and if I remember well neither is the new Nitecore SRT6. Any suggestion? Surprisingly, they're so few.
    Haven't reviewed the SRT6, but the SRT7 is very visually-linear (as discussed in its review here).

Typically, Sunwayman and Nitecore are good choices for visually-linear magenetic control rings.

Thanks, we can also add Niteye to the list. That's the three brands I am researching about right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12