The Fenix-Store        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Did You Use Your McGizmo For Today?

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Default Re: What Did You Use Your McGizmo For Today?

Just used my. EDC XML Haiku, to install a new Rain Bird controller box and to program it.

Works great with our six sprinkler valves by Rain Bird, and 80 Rain Bird series 1800 heads in a 15,000 Sq. Ft front yard.

I have a supply of sprinkler heads, valves, nozzles and all the Sch. 40 in 1 inch, 3/4" and 1/2" PVC pipe and all the fittings, connectors to keep the grass green. It looks like what a Hdwe. Store would have!

I have a Gardner, of course, but I maintain the sprinkler system. And when it gets bad and when there is a broken pipe, or head gone bad my Haiku is there ready for service. It has served with honor and distinction it should have decorations engraved on it! I mean this yard is a nightmare. For what I have spent on it over the years, I could have a brand new Ferrari. Maybe I should just buy a Ferrari 78 308 GTS? Nah, motorcycles are way better, and I have a super car already, and it is nothing!

Plus, I have motorcycles in the house as industrial art, we have a big home, and I still ride them, once in a while. We have motorcycles in the house as again industrial art, and my wife
    loves it! This is in one desert home. Our Seattle apartment can only fit a grand piano. And telescope. I hardly ever even go to Seattle, it is depressing. If I need new clothes, I will frequent Nordstrom on occasion for custom suits. That apartment costs the wife's company a fortune.

Me, I love the magnificent desert empire, lots of land and in a in a private Country Club, and I no longer play golf, I have other interests more fun!

I can tell you Don makes the best lights ever, the history of the world,

McGizmos Rule for any kind of work! Get one, you can't go wrong!

Best wishes to all,

RL
    Last edited by RedLed; 12-15-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Working the mule tonight.

KDM- I like it! 1/4-20 tapped clip and a magnet mount?

I just picked up a mule head and can't beleive how amazing it is. Thought it would be too floody, but for close and relatively close work it's great. That tapped clip option looks pretty cool.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Thanks guys this is my mule w/2x123 pak with the tapped clip. I run 17670/16650 cells and swapped the LED to a XML2 5000k, it is the 3s LE 650mah. I love it, very bright neutral tint. I picked the magnet base up at a local TSC store and fitted it with a 1/4" SS screw, nut, and rubber washers. The magnet is very strong and holds the light in any position with ease.

I currently work in commercial flooring. I used my 119v aqua ram today to try to peak through a corner gap on an elevator to see through a joint of metal to find how deep the hardwood went and what type of subfloor is there. This may seem easy, but its not, and the high CRI differentiated material types MUCH better than typical non high cri led's. First actually important task successful.

Far cry from its intended use, but as an EDC its going to have to do it all....

Kevin

Its intended use is use and abuse. You're doing it just right.
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

This thread needs a bump.

Now that it is getting dark so early, I used my SunDrop XR-U with a datiLED Nichia 219 LE in it for grilling chicken breasts tonight. Wanted to be sure there's no pink inside there and the great CRI and beam of this light is perfect for it. One of my favorite uses for the SunDrop personally.
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

I use my 119 mule almost every morning. Wake up, relieve myself. Go back to bed.

The AA Mule gets taken around town as an EDC.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    I use my 119 mule almost every morning. Wake up, relieve myself. Go back to bed.
    I'm going to make myself a note that if you ever sell that mule that it may need a thorough cleaning!

Flashaholic*

Hahaha! A quick wipe down at most. He's using it to light the commode, I don't think he goes on it! lol.

Regards.

Gives new meaning to spot vs. flood...

Used the Sundrop XR-U 083B with a Surefire F04, to find the coins that have slipped out of my trousers and rolled under the office desk.
    Makes me wonder what a Mule 083b would be like in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by mcorp View Post
    Used the Sundrop XR-U 083B with a Surefire F04, to find the coins that have slipped out of my trousers and rolled under the office desk.
    Makes me wonder what a Mule 083b would be like in real life...
    like gold bullion coins you carry to get out of a jam, just kidding with you. I do carry a one ounce gold bullion coin in my wallet for just that reason.

Using mine to give the postman something to deliver Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by apisdorf View Post
    I'm going to make myself a note that if you ever sell that mule that it may need a thorough cleaning!
    Lol.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

I think that's the longest one of my jokes has taken to get a laugh! Of course, usually my wife just rolls her eyes right away...

Just the other day I lost my smartphone during an exercise of the civil protection. It was already dark and rained. The ground was covered in dark, grey gravel. When I noticed my phone missing, I took my Haiku XPG-2 and started searching the ground. Incidentally, a collegue with a search torch had just been at the spot I found it. The dark backcover of the smartphone was hard to distinguish with the cold blue light from the search torch. With my McGizmo I could spot it instantly. The search torch does have a lot more throw than my Haiku, but sometimes it's the details, that counts.

Cool thread
    Now and then i take mine to work(kind of break up my illuminating requirements) and also to get some more use. Inspections and maintaining high speed machinery in various forms basically.

Few posing pics

Just finished putting the snow tires on my car at night using my Haiku and Spinner.

Clarification: I used a jack and torque wrench but was able to see these items because of my illumination tools.

eala

Broke up an awful cat fight. They froze in place, eyes glowing, then split back to their colony.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Broke up an awful cat fight. They froze in place, eyes glowing, then split back to their colony.
    Man I've seen some nasty cat fights! That's a smart idea.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234