backvmg.jpg
backvmg.jpg

62386576.jpg

frontkne.jpg

lotc.jpg

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently ive bought another E2e
Its believed to be the latest and final batch of E2e series since SF officially discontinue them in June-July and the battery inside rated at B.B. 2021-05

Lets review it now
1. Body construction
This HA layer of the newer one is really thick i can say, even tougher than C2-HA as you can see its almost black instead of OD
the texture is a bit "resistance", not as smooth as my C2-HAOD and E2e-SG, i can say its a newer version of HAing, like UB3T
Notches are more "pointy" so that it wont slip easily, again, its pointer than my E2e-SG
Another major change is that the surefire logo is a new one, same as the one on UB3T, the dealer says this is a newer version
The new(black) one has much thicker words while my SG one has thin one.

2. Tailcap
The tailcap hasnt changed since the last one, my SG one has an older one as mine was a older version but ive got a replacement from them
Version of LOTC is same as present one, When viewed horizontally, the new(present) TC has a fatter and shorter boot
Again, the engraving only says: www.surefire.com for both version

3. Bezel
My old(SG) E2e has a beam artifact, where you can barely see it on the photo, it has a green diffraction, unseen on the new one
Unphotoed: the new one has a smaller spill than old one but its not significant, the radius is 1cm more about 1.5inches from the wall
AR coating: the new one has a green AR coating while old one has none, its also unphotoed
Tint difference for bezel ring and reflector-part is still here but not obvious, the bezel ring is darker than the reflector part

4. Other issue
The threads werent seemed to be well-lubed, the o-rings were dry and i must be xtremely careful when i take the Tc off
Ending:
i could say that SF improved their craftsmanship on this little light, maybe due to they are DCing it
This one is totally different from the older generation E2e-HA-OD, i dont know whether the older E2e-HA-OD has the same TC with my SG or not since i dont own em
But this one is really a great deal which i bought for $630 HKD (US$1 : 7.8)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been many different revisions of E2 and E2e. The clicky tailcap has had a few revisions as had the original twisty tailcap.

I'm a big fan of the E2e, but I have to say my least favorite features on E2e's are the current body style that lack knurling in certain spots that the 3 flat bodies or the original round bodies have, and the original revisions of the clicky tailcap. The later two revisions are nice though. They upgraded the switch sometime in late 2006 or early 2007 and did another update (put a metal collander around the switch, like your version) later on. The first reliable switch had a white mechanism (but doesn't look like the switch on your SG) and changed the spring to the type on your black mechanism one on the right, you don't see many of those around. The second update the mechanism appeared to be about the same, but was changed to black in color and they added the metal around it.

Last edited: