Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

Default Re: Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Those are some beauties Rat!

That turbo head looks so sweet with the fins all in white, that is still one of my favorite pieces! Looking forward to seeing the other FM stuff hopefully in time to make it a "white" christmas!
    Me to looking forward to seeing the FM 26650 with the FM beefy all in white

cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Default Re: Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

These are by bugsy714 and the black CMG is Graphite Black

You 'koted a Mule?! Oh, the humanity!
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It, DoNotDelete It.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    You 'koted a Mule?! Oh, the humanity!
    yeah it was the "oil slick Black" electroplating which looked great originally. I had a Aleph 19 head on it and EDC'd it for a year till the flupic in the light engine died then I put the mule head back on and the body had changed from wear to a different hue of oil slick while the head looked mint. Now its all one color.

Here are a couple of my Cerakoted lights. More Cerakote goodness to come...

How about an Aspheric SST-90 3D Mag?

My wife took my novatac 120t to put in her purse. I had two novatacs and they were the same color. She was always taking mine by mistake. I took it apart and sent it in. I let here pick out the the color. It is not my color choice but I must say that the thing looks pretty cool.

These were my first endeavour with cerakote. Had them done for the better half for christmas since her knife and light combo were definitely not up to par.

Good man!
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Thanks bugsy! Shes a better woman as far as im concerned because she loves them! In the last few days shes even decided they no longer need to hide in her purse and now sit one in each front pocket of her jeans because as she says "theyre like jewelry!" O what a little pink can do! Haha

The centerpiece of my collection.
    Armor black cerakoted Surefire M4 with crenelated Millennium turbo head and SW01 fatty. Nailbender Cree XP-G R4 Flux 5B2 Tint 1-lvl reg. drive 4-16v. max

My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Back from Bugsy

A little flash to liven it up

Just one... A cerakoted L2T. Thought it would feel like paint but it feels very much like actual ceramic!

\

Mikesantor.....what "gray" is that color? There are about a half dozen grays available, but I really like the looks of that one.
    Be a Light In the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post
    \

Mikesantor.....what "gray" is that color? There are about a half dozen grays available, but I really like the looks of that one.
    Im 99% sure it's tactical grey, but you'll have to wait for his answer to be 100% sure.

Dang! Just when I had made up my mind I wanted "Sniper Grey" ....
    Be a Light In the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding View Post
    First off, A white cerakoted 6P body with Orange Solarforce bezel and tail, with black coated crenelated bezel. Arent these search and rescue colors from somewhere?
    Looks good. The first thing I thought of was the U.S. Coast Guard, although their "Racing Stripe" service mark is red instead of orange, and has a blue stripe in it, too.

so what does a cerakoted light feel like in your hand? smooth? glossy? rough? grainy?

also, is it possible to do yourself, or is it best to let a shop do it?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    so what does a cerakoted light feel like in your hand? smooth? glossy? rough? grainy?

also, is it possible to do yourself, or is it best to let a shop do it?
    it depends on the amount of hardener used, some colors are very flat (white for example) and feel a bit grippy while other colors are closer to HA
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Rat,

I'm new to surefire lights, can you tell me what that tail cap is on the end of the C2 please? Are they still available?

Thanks,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Here are my storm troopers

Turbo head SST-90 M3

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
    Rat,

I'm new to surefire lights, can you tell me what that tail cap is on the end of the C2 please? Are they still available?

Thanks,

Matt
    Hi its a Solarforce L2-S8
    Bugsy did have some in stock a while ago. Also look at the Solarforce S9 the very end of that tail cap comes off and you can do it another colour.
    You can buy them from Solarforce in Hong Kong they have a website.

cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Thanks Rat. More money to spend!

This ones a work in progress. 18650 host with Carclo optic and neutral XP-G driven at 1.4A (3-mode). The blue glow is from a custom GITD o-ring attached to the emitter PCB. I'll get another one for the lens seal as well soon. I forgot to screw it together tight before I took the photo but you get the idea. I'm getting a blue and orange splash anodized Gizmo clip for it to complete the look.

Last edited by Mattaus; 03-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.

bump. i want to see more lights.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    bump. i want to see more lights.
    Hi James here you go.
    I waited for these two lights for close to a year. They also have the matching tail caps that is on the white light in the above photos.

Edit: All bored and running oveready triples 1x v4.0 L/M/H, 1x v3.1 single mode, 1x v3.1 H/M/L all cool white.

cheers
    Last edited by Rat; 11-21-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Very nice threesome!
    thanks for the post.

Olight M20 in school bus yellow. Why do this to a tactical light? It was the only light I had on hand feasible for doing cerakote. Anyway, it came out pretty well. Kind of peculiar... probably the only yellow Olight M20 on the planet.
    Lights in my rotation: Nitecore EA4 | Surefire U2 | Novatac EDC-120P | Olight M20 R5 | Fenix P3D-Q5, PD30. L0D-Q4 | Regal WT1 | Pila GL3/D26

My one and only cerakoted light. Macs Tri EDC with glow powder and crenelated bezel. Seen here with my favorite edc knife.

Then here with my favorite edc fixed

Thanks for letting me play

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post

Olight M20 in school bus yellow. Why do this to a tactical light? It was the only light I had on hand feasible for doing cerakote. Anyway, it came out pretty well. Kind of peculiar... probably the only yellow Olight M20 on the planet.
    your Olight looks absolutely phenomenal
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

Enlightened

]

My E2E in Duracoat camo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurefire View Post
    ]

My E2E in Duracoat camo.
    I love it!

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    I love it!
    Thanks!
    The only problem is that I'm afraid I might actually lose it and never find it again. The camo pattern works that well. I'm not a lanyard on a flashlight person, but this light might change that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast