Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I have seen a few pics here and there but I cant find a dedicated Cerakote PICS thread. There is the check in thread but that seems to be going the negative way. Anybody HAPPY with their Cerakote jobs? Pics of any light, any brand, and from any shop. Lets see them all in one location.

Anyway, Ill start. I just got these babies and Im stoked. Turned out great!

First off, A white cerakoted 6P body with Orange Solarforce bezel and tail, with black coated crenelated bezel. Arent these search and rescue colors from somewhere?

DSC02006.jpg

Oh and then my "Skunky E2DL" with black head and tail with White cerakoted body. Anybody seen a Cerakoted E2DL body yet?

DSC02007.jpg

I also wanted a matching "Skunky 6PDL" with stock head and tail and white cerakoted body.

DSC02012.jpg

And an Orange 2X18650 Solarforce

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

My 6PDL head and tail were pretty banged up so I opted to not coat them. I know there has been some issues with the coating coming off of edges so Im hoping with only the body coated and the heads and tails stock, it should be better.

So come on guys, lets see your Cerakoted beauties!

Last edited:

rich297

Newly Enlightened
I've resisted buying any cerakoted lights on account of the reported issues of durability. But seeing the photos of your lights, I'm tempted to give it a try.

nbp

Flashaholic
My SF C2 will be going out on Monday for a 'kote job. But you'll have to wait about 2 weeks to see her all done. I think the result will be quite nice though. ;)

:popcorn:

nbp

Flashaholic
It's a surprise. But unless I come across one soon, I think I can safely say it will be 1 of 1 in this color on the forums. :naughty:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
dsc00369sx.jpg

I NEED an orange light. you guys are making my envious.
waiting for Oveready to get more orange Z2 or hopefully more bronze cerakote.

heres my only cerakote, sporting a NB XML 3000k

ARA

Enlightened
Wow great lights, that M6 looks darn sesxy in black. :eek:

nbp

Flashaholic
Quoting myself from the C2 addicts thread-

Received my C2 back from the cerakote shop, and I think it looks stellar. A very special limited edition orange-red applied; I hope the color is visible in the pics, it's hard to capture, and I took these with my iPhone, so the resolution isn't awesome. Indoors it's more red, but in sunlight it is a beautiful dark orange. Really nice! Huge thanks to the guy who made this happen. :thumbsup:

Reassembled now with NB SST50, McClicky, polished bezel ring, powered on 17670s. Hope you guys like it. :)

img0069nl.jpg

img0068mi.jpg

img0067yj.jpg

img0064ov.jpg

img0066lf.jpg

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
She is unique nbp!

You were right, I've never seen this color Cerakote before! So this "limited edition" is a mix of orange and red?

Oh btw, what kind of runtime do u get on 17670 with that SST-50?

PS whoever did that does nice work ;)

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey Captain,

Thanks, glad you like it. :naughty: I'm pretty sure no one else has this color. If you want the who and what of this job, PM me, I'm not going to post it. :sssh:

As far as runtime, I have never run it down completely, but I had originally calculated about 30-35 min runtime at about 550 lm, and Dave confirmed that it's probably pretty accurate. I use high sparingly and just swap cells after a couple uses to keep them healthy. So far it has been a good combo.

Yeah they did a really nice job, I will see if I can get a clearer shot of the color, not sure why my other pics were so grainy. :sick2:

She is unique nbp!

You were right, I've never seen this color Cerakote before! So this "limited edition" is a mix of orange and red?

Oh btw, what kind of runtime do u get on 17670 with that SST-50?

PS whoever did that does nice work ;)

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Hey Captain,

Thanks, glad you like it. :naughty: I'm pretty sure no one else has this color. If you want the who and what of this job, PM me, I'm not going to post it. :sssh:

As far as runtime, I have never run it down completely, but I had originally calculated about 30-35 min runtime at about 550 lm, and Dave confirmed that it's probably pretty accurate. I use high sparingly and just swap cells after a couple uses to keep them healthy. So far it has been a good combo.

Yeah they did a really nice job, I will see if I can get a clearer shot of the color, not sure why my other pics were so grainy. :sick2:

Nice. Im considering filling one of my C2's with one of his SST-50's as well... I have a bored on so an 18650 will do great im sure!

Oh, and I know who sprayed it. ;) Nice work!

nbp

Flashaholic
Nice. Im considering filling one of my C2's with one of his SST-50's as well... I have a bored on so an 18650 will do great im sure!

Oh, and I know who sprayed it. ;) Nice work!

It's a really nice module for this light, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. NB does nice work, I haven't had an issue with it at all.

Who told?!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the cerakote white a matte finish ? gloss?