Battery Junction - Olight
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

Buttrock Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

I have seen a few pics here and there but I cant find a dedicated Cerakote PICS thread. There is the check in thread but that seems to be going the negative way. Anybody HAPPY with their Cerakote jobs? Pics of any light, any brand, and from any shop. Lets see them all in one location.

Anyway, Ill start. I just got these babies and Im stoked. Turned out great!

First off, A white cerakoted 6P body with Orange Solarforce bezel and tail, with black coated crenelated bezel. Arent these search and rescue colors from somewhere?

Oh and then my "Skunky E2DL" with black head and tail with White cerakoted body. Anybody seen a Cerakoted E2DL body yet?

I also wanted a matching "Skunky 6PDL" with stock head and tail and white cerakoted body.

And an Orange 2X18650 Solarforce

My 6PDL head and tail were pretty banged up so I opted to not coat them. I know there has been some issues with the coating coming off of edges so Im hoping with only the body coated and the heads and tails stock, it should be better.

So come on guys, lets see your Cerakoted beauties!
    Last edited by Captain Spaulding; 07-03-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Default Re: Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

There were a couple other posts with pics that got lost in the "Great CPF crash of 2011".

Anybody wanna post em back up?
    The Captains lights
    + PLEASE PM ME IF YOU SEE BROKEN PICS. IM TRYING TO FIX THEM. +

Flashaholic

Default Re: Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

I've resisted buying any cerakoted lights on account of the reported issues of durability. But seeing the photos of your lights, I'm tempted to give it a try.

Here's my modest 'Koted Kollection. Please excuse the phone pics.............

Quote Originally Posted by Belstaff1464 View Post
    Here's my modest 'Koted Kollection. Please excuse the phone pics.............

Very, very, very nice

My SF C2 will be going out on Monday for a 'kote job. But you'll have to wait about 2 weeks to see her all done. I think the result will be quite nice though.

Nice, I'm gonna send one off for my birthday present to myself... What color are you going on your C2?
    The Captains lights

It's a surprise. But unless I come across one soon, I think I can safely say it will be 1 of 1 in this color on the forums.

Here's mine. Cerakoted orange MD2 and graphite black M6.

I NEED an orange light. you guys are making my envious.
    waiting for Oveready to get more orange Z2 or hopefully more bronze cerakote.

heres my only cerakote, sporting a NB XML 3000k

Wow great lights, that M6 looks darn sesxy in black.

Quoting myself from the C2 addicts thread-

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Received my C2 back from the cerakote shop, and I think it looks stellar. A very special limited edition orange-red applied; I hope the color is visible in the pics, it's hard to capture, and I took these with my iPhone, so the resolution isn't awesome. Indoors it's more red, but in sunlight it is a beautiful dark orange. Really nice! Huge thanks to the guy who made this happen.

Reassembled now with NB SST50, McClicky, polished bezel ring, powered on 17670s. Hope you guys like it.

She is unique nbp!

You were right, I've never seen this color Cerakote before! So this "limited edition" is a mix of orange and red?

Oh btw, what kind of runtime do u get on 17670 with that SST-50?

PS whoever did that does nice work
    The Captains lights

Nice knife Belstaff!.... how is it treating you?
    Currently into SPYs....
    My Lights In Detail

Hey Captain,

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm pretty sure no one else has this color. If you want the who and what of this job, PM me, I'm not going to post it.

As far as runtime, I have never run it down completely, but I had originally calculated about 30-35 min runtime at about 550 lm, and Dave confirmed that it's probably pretty accurate. I use high sparingly and just swap cells after a couple uses to keep them healthy. So far it has been a good combo.

Yeah they did a really nice job, I will see if I can get a clearer shot of the color, not sure why my other pics were so grainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding View Post
    She is unique nbp!

You were right, I've never seen this color Cerakote before! So this "limited edition" is a mix of orange and red?

Oh btw, what kind of runtime do u get on 17670 with that SST-50?

PS whoever did that does nice work

Hey Captain,

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm pretty sure no one else has this color. If you want the who and what of this job, PM me, I'm not going to post it.

As far as runtime, I have never run it down completely, but I had originally calculated about 30-35 min runtime at about 550 lm, and Dave confirmed that it's probably pretty accurate. I use high sparingly and just swap cells after a couple uses to keep them healthy. So far it has been a good combo.

Yeah they did a really nice job, I will see if I can get a clearer shot of the color, not sure why my other pics were so grainy.
    Nice. Im considering filling one of my C2's with one of his SST-50's as well... I have a bored on so an 18650 will do great im sure!

Oh, and I know who sprayed it. Nice work!
    The Captains lights

Nice. Im considering filling one of my C2's with one of his SST-50's as well... I have a bored on so an 18650 will do great im sure!

Oh, and I know who sprayed it. Nice work!
    It's a really nice module for this light, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. NB does nice work, I haven't had an issue with it at all.

Who told?!

It's a really nice module for this light, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. NB does nice work, I haven't had an issue with it at all.
    Good to hear. Yeah, Im familiar with his work as I have a couple of his drop ins that I am very happy with. Im just deciding to go SST-50 or XM-L...

Who told?!
    He did.
    The Captains lights

Quote Originally Posted by italico View Post
    Very, very, very nice
    what phone do you have?!?!? those are some pretty good pictures!
    Be a Light In the Universe

Is the cerakote white a matte finish ? gloss?
    Now I can see the darkness .

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    Is the cerakote white a matte finish ? gloss?
    Mine?

It's called "hidden white" and is a matte finish.
    The Captains lights

Mine?

It's called "hidden white" and is a matte finish.
    Thanks - I have done a lot of powder coating and I want to try cerakote. They have 2 white colors, bright white and hidden white. Powder Coat is great, but it is thick and tends to fill in the knurling on the bodies. Cerakote is thinner and is supposed to be more durable ( and expensive )

I ordered samples from NIC industries of the 2 whites, plus 3 other colors.

white powder coat

Now I can see the darkness .

My growing Kote-lection.
    Z2 with Triad tail and black crell bezel ring.
    Mac's TRI EDC.
    What are you people......on DOPE!?!

Here are mine. Not seen is the white 6P that was left then stolen. Will update when my GITD C2 comes in.

Wilkey

Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng View Post
    Here are mine. Not seen is the white 6P that was left then stolen. Will update when my GITD C2 comes in.
    Great collection of whites! Sorry about your lost 6P, at least you scored a GITD C2, congrats! Thats the one I was waiting on but they sold out before I received notification from the "Insider". Hopefully they will do another run of C2's but in the meantime, I am having a very difficult time not ordering one of the remaining 6P's or the the last Z2 in stock of the GITD flavor!!
    Please post up when you receive your C2!

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunatic View Post
    Great collection of whites! Sorry about your lost 6P, at least you scored a GITD C2, congrats! Thats the one I was waiting on but they sold out before I received notification from the "Insider". Hopefully they will do another run of C2's but in the meantime, I am having a very difficult time not ordering one of the remaining 6P's or the the last Z2 in stock of the GITD flavor!!
    Please post up when you receive your C2!
    Yeah, it was a stroke of luck that I just happened to visit the page. There was only 1 in stock and I just didn't hesitate. I posted night pics of the new GITD C2 in the C2-HA lover thread in General. I'll update here with all four lights in a row. "Kote-lection" I dig it and the the Stormtrooper look...definitely growing on me.
    Cheers!
    Wilkey

BTW, what sort of table or shooting tent are you using to get those fab images? Bit classier than the rug in my home office.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginseng View Post
    Yeah, it was a stroke of luck that I just happened to visit the page. There was only 1 in stock and I just didn't hesitate. I posted night pics of the new GITD C2 in the C2-HA lover thread in General. I'll update here with all four lights in a row. "Kote-lection" I dig it and the the Stormtrooper look...definitely growing on me.
    Cheers!
    Wilkey

BTW, what sort of table or shooting tent are you using to get those fab images? Bit classier than the rug in my home office.
    I ended up breaking down and ordering the last GITD Z2 in stock, resistance was futile, so I will have some more pics to share soon!

Thanks for the props on my pics! I do a primitive setup on my work bench in my garage. I use the back side of a poster that I curl up 90* to acheive the white background and utilize two seperate flourescent lights to fill in the shadows. Oh, and snap pics with a Canon PowerShot A610. Rated at only 5 mega pixels, it my be time for a new camera! Very rudimentary but if you take enough shots, you are bound to get a decent one. I have about a 15:1 shot ratio, for every 15 pics, I get about 1 keeper! If I remember, when I next have it setup, I'll take a shot of my "setup"!

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunatic View Post
    Thanks for the props on my pics! I do a primitive setup on my work bench in my garage. I use the back side of a poster that I curl up 90* to acheive the white background and utilize two seperate flourescent lights to fill in the shadows. Oh, and snap pics with a Canon PowerShot A610. Rated at only 5 mega pixels, it my be time for a new camera! Very rudimentary but if you take enough shots, you are bound to get a decent one. I have about a 15:1 shot ratio, for every 15 pics, I get about 1 keeper! If I remember, when I next have it setup, I'll take a shot of my "setup"!
    Wow. Very impressive, sir. Your technique is punching well above its weight in terms of the results. And the results speak for themselves. If I may be sol bold, it's not the number of shots, but the set up. Nicely done.

Wilkey

Here's a coupel pics of my first cerakoted project

Duracote "spider web pattern" on 2d mag