Banggood Network
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The WOW factor new light

Default Re: The WOW factor new light

I'm very interested in the 2xAAA penlight version (I hope it will come with a pocket clip), and maybe I'm dreaming, but what would make it perfect (IMHO) would be a latching tail switch. Imagine being able to dial the head to a particular level and have the light come on, and stay on, in that level (or close to it) each time you turn it on.

Or you could simply leave the tail switch latched and still have the on/off variable output controlled by twisting the head.

A lovely thought .

In any case, I love that Curt is pushing the envelope to the extreme with this one. Exciting stuff!

The website should be changed to say:
    WOW !! The Eruption Arrives LATE October

Quote Originally Posted by DUMDUM View Post
    BVH here is the website to order the Vesuvius when I get them in stock
    http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Vesuvius.html
    Thanks
    Bob

Haha, 'MID' works for now. Can't wait!!

Sent from my Infused Infuse

Paypal, locked and loaded.
    Ask me about custom kydex.

Just placed my order for one. Was a little surprised at the $15 shipping. Justified by telling myself the light was $69 instead of $59. Don't forget the batts!
    Last edited by BVH; 10-17-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Just got in the WOW lights. I have them in HA & Brass. They do run brighter in The IMR10440.
    I also have in the 17500 battery adaptors they are on the accessories page
    http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Vesuvius.html
    Thanks
    Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

This just made my day!!! I just ran to my computer and placed my order! Even got next day air. Any chance it ships today? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Was a little surprised at the $15 shipping.
    $15 shipping? Was that next day air? If not, I may have to reconsider.

T'aint next day but it's worth it

Next day was 40

Do not forget to read this:

PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING

Peak Vesuvius

The Peak LED Solutions Vesuvius Hi-Current XM-L Flashlight:

This flashlight poses a risk of personal injury and property damage if not handled and
    operated with great caution.

This light is not a toy and should not be used by or entrusted to anyone other than a
    knowledgeable and cautious individual.

Heat:
    The very high current from the battery and to the LED generates a great deal of heat
    very quickly, and the relatively low mass in this very small flashlight prevents heat
    dissipation at a rate that would permit extended operation of the light at a high output
    level. When driven to its output capacity, heat reaches a level making the light too hot
    to hold within minutes or less. Either the light should be turned off or Peak’s proprietary
    QTC system should be used to reduce the output before this happens. If left
    unattended, build-up of heat could reach the point of ignition of nearby flammable
    objects.

This light should never be operated at high output unless in the hand of an alert
    operator prepared to quickly reduce current and output.

Batteries:
    All batteries are affected by heat and current draw, and if either becomes too great,
    a battery can be damaged. At a minimum, battery life can be significantly reduced.
    At worst, failure could be explosive. BATTERY FAILURE CAN OCCUR DURING USE, OR
    DURING ANY SUBSEQUENT RECHARGING OR USE. A protected battery is no guarantee
    against this. Regularly check batteries after use for signs of excessive heat. Always
    closely monitor the recharging process and follow safe practice procedures: use a
    quality charger; charge in a safe location, check status frequently; terminate the
    charge timely; inspect and test the battery after charging.

IMR (LiMn) batteries are believed to safely handle currents much greater than any
    other battery chemistry and are therefore the preferred battery for this light. Other
    Li-Ion 10440 batteries are not designed for high current applications and when used
    in this light can be driven to the very limits of their design. Only new batteries of
    good quality should be used in this light. Battery voltage should also be checked
    regularly. At the first sign of reduced capacity or other problem the battery should
    be retired.

Under no circumstances should this light be operated before the user has studied
    the important materials readily available on the subject. We suggest that users
    follow the advice and instruction posted throughout the CPF Forum and in the CPF
    Marketplace by respected dealers.

This light is only for those with enough knowledge to handle it correctly.
    And because the light can damage itself we will not warrant the light do to heat damage.
    Operated with care and the light will last as long as any other quality light.

Curt
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a PEAK flashlight, or give me the dark.

I was going to buy one but with a $15 shipping charge they can keep it... I hope someone is reading this and taking notes..
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Flashaholic*

You'll regret it. At $75 plus S+H for the HA, that's highway robbery for a 600 lumen AAA light.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

I stand by my statement. A $5 flat rate box is all it should take.
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Flashaholic*

Actually I'm not exactly sure how much S+H is for just the light. It was $15 when I ordered a Vesuvius, charger and 2 IMRs.

When in doubt just ask Bob, doesn't hurt to ask.
    Last edited by dudemar; 10-17-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Bob only ships by UPS as he does not trust the post office,
    and he can track UPS shipping better than USPS. Also his
    shipping with UPS includes insurance.

Curt
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a PEAK flashlight, or give me the dark.

Yeah the shipping sucks but I am really looking forward to this light. Order placed for HA version with MOM SS QTC switch. I grabbed batteries from a cigarette shop when they announced the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt R View Post
    Bob only ships by UPS as he does not trust the post office,
    and he can track UPS shipping better than USPS. Also his
    shipping with UPS includes insurance.

Curt
    IMHO, the option of shipping should be with the buyer and not the seller. The seller can, however, specify a disclaimer for certain shipping services. Additionally, the insurance should as well be an option, rather than a mandate. When a seller forces a shipping company, as well as insurance, I can't help but suspect the real motive. My 2 cents.
    my lights.

They could do that. Even with a disclaimer they'd still have to deal with the negative backlash if & when a package was lost sending it the cheapest way via USPS or something. Mathis makes it easy on both parties. I'm guessing +/- $10 most wouldn't even notice if it were part of the price. If this had been $10 more, doubtful anyone would have freaked out or anything.

$15 is not out of this world on shipping and handling. It's actually pretty much in line with the competition. What bothers me is the turtle head look of this light: the diameter of the head is smaller than the end of the body it screws into. Wish they would have made it the same diameter.

Unenlightened

I placed my order for this light in HA & 2 IMR unprotected batteries total is 85.19 with shipping and couldn't be happier. The wait begins....

Well I tried to order a Vesuvius and I must admit that I did not read the shipping Policy.... my fault... put my address in Australia in through PayPal and it all went through...

They I recieved this

Andrew read my shipping policy I DO NOT
    SHIP INTERNATIONALLY and you had to force the program
    to take your order. I will refund your money please don't do
    that again.
    Thanks
    Bob

Nice.....

So I read the shipping Policy.... and reordered to a friends Po Box in the states so that he could forward it mo me....

Then I received this.... even better customer service

I can not ship to a PO Box with UPS
    I'll refund again. I don't have time for this
    Bob

Of course there is nothing about that in the shipping policy..... I guess that I am supposed to know that from over here...
    Currently into SPYs....
    My Lights In Detail

Not trying to get on anyone's bad side but, if parties are willing, the light can be shipped to me and I will ship it to Down Under.

Stoli67, I just got the OK from Bob if you're interested. PM me with details.
    Last edited by BVH; 10-18-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

The sticky at the top of this sub-forum shows the size, just go down
    to the Baltic Sea light.

To get this light in the shortest time frame we used components off the shelf
    and combined parts from the Shasta and Baltic Sea lights to make the
    Vesuvius light. We are basically out of parts to make HA lights and have some
    Brass with the Baltic heads that we can put together. We have no Stainless,
    but I might be able to put together ONE in Titanium. Other than those we will
    have to make new bodies and heads, but not until some other stuff gets made first.

I have some 2 x AAA bodies in Brass and HA that are penlight size, but are limited
    to two standard Alkaline or Lithium disposable batteries. Current draw is about 400
    mA, or about 150 Lumens at max, with a sun time of about 3 hours. We could offer
    a dummy AAA battery so that a single IMR 10440 could be used in those bodies.

Curt

I like to buy 2 pcs. of the brass 2xAAA body as soon as they are ready to ship. I want one for my Shastax and one for the Vesuvius.
    If one was equipped with an XPG head that would be even better for my needs.

I responded that UPS does not ship to PO boxes. I have been slammed
    today with the new stuff, so after two tries I was getting a little hot.
    Now if that's bad I'm guilty. I already refunded all his money twice thru PP
    Thanks Bob
    Last edited by DUMDUM; 10-18-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Peeps from Oz are unfamiliar with UPS ship policy. It is the USPS not UPS that blocks P.O. Box shipments. I can't see where you share in any blame for this.
    "... but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

+1
    Turtle head look is spot on...having said that I'm waiting for the SS version

@ Curt and or Bob,
    any updates on the SS version?

Quote Originally Posted by arewethereyetdad View Post
    What bothers me is the turtle head look of this light: the diameter of the head is smaller than the end of the body it screws into. Wish they would have made it the same diameter.

Unenlightened

This is my first Peak and all I can say is "Wow", delivered in 3 days exceptional light and exceptional delivery service. So a big thank you to Curt & Bob.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast