SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Zebralight S5310

Naughty New Zebralight S5310

Zebralight has been on fire lately and most of their upcoming lights have me very interested. Add another one to the list, the S5310, a 3x AA, 750 lumen tiny little flashlight. Here's the available details.

MSRP: 89$
    Batteries: 3x AA
    LED: XM-L
    Typical CRI: 65
    Nominal CCT: 6300
    Beam Type: Spill+Spot
    Max Lumens: 750
    Min Lumens: .01
    Bezel Diameter: 1.47"
    Length: 3.5"
    Programmable L2 setting (.01-.32lm)
    It also sports a battery indicator, nice!

Honestly this one has me almost more intrigued than the Q50. The output is nearly the same, and the S5310 should be easier to EDC.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Quality; 10-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: New Zebralight S5310

October fools' ?

Wrong month!
    LED addict

Even better to me - low is actually .01 lumen

Bring it!

Flashaholic

Was this just added to their site? I am assuming it will be round unlike the q50. I might hold out because I'm not so sure I'm in love with the square look...

Its for the friends of round lights who dont like the cubic shape of Q50. 750 Lumen with only 3 batteries? So it means a lot less runtime then Q50. I will still buy Q50 and not this, i want the 800 Lumen and round lights are so common

Let me be the very first one to ask . . . .

Will it be available in Neutral Tint ? ? ?

_

I like the Q50, but this should be easier to have in your pocket without it sticking out real awkwardly.
    Sign me up! That is amazing output for 3 AA batteries!
    Zebralight, you are on a roll!
    I am the Light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life. - Jesus

I'm interested!!!!
    Current EDC: BA10 & E01 (back to old school)

Any pics yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    Any pics yet?
    I was waiting for that remark to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by low

I was waiting for that remark to pop up.
    Rules are rules and I want to make this one. If you find a light post a pic none of this coming soon rubbish either! Give me lumens god dammit!

In reality though thought there may have been pics as they have released some of the Q50 etc.

Flashaholic

Of course AA battery chargers are are 2,4,8 and 16 capacity so you will have to be "creative" when it comes to charging your batteries and at 1.47" even if it is round will it be much smaller than the 1.3" square of the Q 50 profile wise.Great if they manage to do it

edit* it says bezel diameter is 1.47",I wonder if the rest of it might be smaller....ZL are great Tease artists
    Last edited by Scubie67; 09-30-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Zebralights lineup seems to be getting pretty busy with light not too different to each other. 1 x AA was always their thing, I get that with the small size. 3 x AA and 4 x AA lights now too.

Gives users more choice I suppose, but I can't see the point in owning a lot of them, they would all just be too similar.

Huh. very cool light. They really are firing the models off left and right.

Flashaholic

Yeah, checked zebralight site and sure enough, they just updated their spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CNqP6KIC#gid=0

The notes at the right side of the spreadsheet does say "Programmable L2 (0.01-0.32Lm), Battery Indicator". I like low lows! Wonder how the battery indicator works?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    Let me be the very first one to ask . . . .

Will it be available in Neutral Tint ? ? ?

_
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubie67 View Post
    Of course AA battery chargers are are 2,4,8 and 16 capacity so you will have to be "creative" when it comes to charging your batteries and at 1.47" even if it is round will it be much smaller than the 1.3" square of the Q 50 profile wise.Great if they manage to do it

edit* it says bezel diameter is 1.47",I wonder if the rest of it might be smaller....ZL are great Tease artists
    Not all. Chargers like the MH C9000 have four independent charging bays, so you can charge cells in any combination up to four. You can also have it doing different charge/refresh/break-in routines on different cells at the same time. So charging three at a time for this light wouldn't be an issue with that charger. (Not to mention it's one of, if not the best AA nimh charger on the market right now.)
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by B0wz3r View Post
    +1!

Not all. Chargers like the MH C9000 have four independent charging bays, so you can charge cells in any combination up to four. You can also have it doing different charge/refresh/break-in routines on different cells at the same time. So charging three at a time for this light wouldn't be an issue with that charger. (Not to mention it's one of, if not the best AA nimh charger on the market right now.)

Yeah I guess I didn't think of that .I have the Maha 801D and I guess I am so used to having all they bays filled.Haha.

ZL needs to slow down! They have so many really cool lights coming out. I can't decide which one I want to try first.
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

I will like to see some pics...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Flashaholic*

I wonder if it can operate on 2 batteries like the Q50?
    Keep it simple.

I've noticed that it's fairly big (for a 3xAA ZL), and also it just states 750, not 750/500. Maybe this has some decent heat sinks so doesn't have to kick down to a lower level after 5 mins? Very cool if so. The battery indicator sounds great as well.

If it's really .01 and programmable on low, I'm there. In neutral, of course...

Been looking for a AA light for a while, this might just be what im looking for. Also i never own a Zebralight, maybe this will be my first Zebralight.

programmabgle low low. See Zebralight gets it. Other big name light manufacturers don't. I'm talking about the Fenixes, Eagletacs, and most Jetbeam models. Their idea of low lows are 2-5 lumens which is a huge fail.

wait for launching

Party Re: New Zebralight S5310

YOWZA!!! ZebraLight is ON FIRE!!! The SC80 does 29 DAYS on a single AA at 0.12 lumens, so with 3 AA's at much less lumens, this one has the potential to give a staggering run-time. It does all depend on the regulator circuit, though. I will be watching this one.

All you guys asking about a neutral version; I'm with ya!

I truly believe that they will release a neutral version of this light. Zebralight is waiting on very specific emitters for their Q50w and SC600w, so I don't see why they wouldn't use the same emitters for a S5310w.

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. The S6330 will have 288 step PID thermal regulation and I assume the S5310 will as well. I'm assuming there will be some fairly heavy throttling going on in "Turbo" mode out of necessity which is fine. If there's any thermal regulation interfering with "Max" mode or lower under normal operating temps, that will kill any interest I have in this light. I need my lights to have constant and predictable output + battery drain under normal use levels. I don't care to deal with a light that has intrusive thermal regulation and constantly wavering output when I don't want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    I don't care to deal with a light that has intrusive thermal regulation and constantly wavering output when I don't want it to.
    I hear ya on that one. I've been in too many situations where the output ramps down but fast at exactly the wrong time. At first I naturally think, "Oh no, my battery's dying." But it ain't. It's the thermal reg kicking in and I find it annoying.

Flashaholic*

I dont like thermal regulation too. If i switch the light to 700lm, it should stay there - or shut down if thats not possible, but not degrade over time.