New Zebralight S5310

Quality

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight has been on fire lately and most of their upcoming lights have me very interested. Add another one to the list, the S5310, a 3x AA, 750 lumen tiny little flashlight. Here's the available details.

MSRP: 89$
Batteries: 3x AA
LED: XM-L
Typical CRI: 65
Nominal CCT: 6300
Beam Type: Spill+Spot
Max Lumens: 750
Min Lumens: .01 :cool:
Bezel Diameter: 1.47"
Length: 3.5"
Programmable L2 setting (.01-.32lm)
It also sports a battery indicator, nice!

Honestly this one has me almost more intrigued than the Q50. The output is nearly the same, and the S5310 should be easier to EDC.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
Was this just added to their site? I am assuming it will be round unlike the q50. I might hold out because I'm not so sure I'm in love with the square look...

Danielsan

Enlightened
Its for the friends of round lights who dont like the cubic shape of Q50. 750 Lumen with only 3 batteries? So it means a lot less runtime then Q50. I will still buy Q50 and not this, i want the 800 Lumen and round lights are so common :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Let me be the very first one to ask . . . .

Will it be available in Neutral Tint ? ? ?

:thumbsup:
_

Deal4

Enlightened
I like the Q50, but this should be easier to have in your pocket without it sticking out real awkwardly.
Sign me up! That is amazing output for 3 AA batteries!
Zebralight, you are on a roll!

Acid87

Enlightened
low said:
I was waiting for that remark to pop up.

Rules are rules and I want to make this one. If you find a light post a pic none of this coming soon rubbish either! Give me lumens god dammit!

In reality though thought there may have been pics as they have released some of the Q50 etc.

Scubie67

Enlightened
Of course AA battery chargers are are 2,4,8 and 16 capacity so you will have to be "creative" when it comes to charging your batteries and at 1.47" even if it is round will it be much smaller than the 1.3" square of the Q 50 profile wise.Great if they manage to do it

edit* it says bezel diameter is 1.47",I wonder if the rest of it might be smaller....ZL are great Tease artists

Last edited:

Lapetus

Banned
Zebralights lineup seems to be getting pretty busy with light not too different to each other. 1 x AA was always their thing, I get that with the small size. 3 x AA and 4 x AA lights now too.

Gives users more choice I suppose, but I can't see the point in owning a lot of them, they would all just be too similar.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me be the very first one to ask . . . .

Will it be available in Neutral Tint ? ? ?

:thumbsup:
_

+1!

Of course AA battery chargers are are 2,4,8 and 16 capacity so you will have to be "creative" when it comes to charging your batteries and at 1.47" even if it is round will it be much smaller than the 1.3" square of the Q 50 profile wise.Great if they manage to do it

edit* it says bezel diameter is 1.47",I wonder if the rest of it might be smaller....ZL are great Tease artists

Not all. Chargers like the MH C9000 have four independent charging bays, so you can charge cells in any combination up to four. You can also have it doing different charge/refresh/break-in routines on different cells at the same time. So charging three at a time for this light wouldn't be an issue with that charger. (Not to mention it's one of, if not the best AA nimh charger on the market right now.)

Scubie67

Enlightened
+1!

Not all. Chargers like the MH C9000 have four independent charging bays, so you can charge cells in any combination up to four. You can also have it doing different charge/refresh/break-in routines on different cells at the same time. So charging three at a time for this light wouldn't be an issue with that charger. (Not to mention it's one of, if not the best AA nimh charger on the market right now.)

Yeah I guess I didn't think of that .I have the Maha 801D and I guess I am so used to having all they bays filled.Haha.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
ZL needs to slow down! They have so many really cool lights coming out. I can't decide which one I want to try first.