4 Sevens        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pocket clip & new option

Default Re: Pocket clip & new option

Quote Originally Posted by TMedina View Post
    That actually raises a question I had - McGizmo posted a suggestion about modifying the Surefire E-series pocket clip into a lanyard point : http://dmcleish.com/CPF/L1/lanyard-loop.jpg

Since you don't take custom orders, do you have any objections if I inquire about having this modification made professionally through another builder/company?
    Go for it.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Sweeet, thanks!

I may try it myself, assuming I don't burn the house down in the process.
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Unenlightened

ISTR i saw a post mentioning it'll fit directly on a jetbeam rrt-01 w/o modification. if so, i'm in for one.

and here's a little-known fact: the standard tripod thread is the same thread used to hold a lampshade. in the past, i've used one to hold a camera for an interior group shot i wanted to be in, when i didn't have a tripod. having a clip on a flashlight that'll do the same will be even better.

ron, do you know if it does, indeed, fit the rrt-01?

thx . . .

docflash,
    If you are asking me about compatibility of the clip with the rrt-01 I have no idea. sorry.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    The clip is 58-59mm long. The point at which the clip contacts the flashlight tube is 50-51mm forward from the back edge of the clip. The back edge of the clip is 2mm behind the centerpoints of the screw holes. The screw holes are approximately 7.5mm center-to-center. The clip is designed for a 1"-diameter attachment point, but pressure from the attachment screws will bend the clip to fit other sizes.
    I'm on the same mission as Mattaus, except i'm 3D modelling for a few prototype designs and love the scale of the clip. What are the diameter of the holes in the clip? And what's the diameter of the screws?

Will this clip work with the sunwayman v10r

looking for a clip for one

thanks

I have a Sinner 18650 EDC and I would like to know if this clip will fit it. I would like something a lot stiffer than the Ti clip he sends with it. I saw in a thread that it would fit, but i thought i would come to the source to make sure thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    I have a Sinner 18650 EDC and I would like to know if this clip will fit it. I would like something a lot stiffer than the Ti clip he sends with it. I saw in a thread that it would fit, but i thought i would come to the source to make sure thank you.
    Yes it fits perfect, I've built a few Sinners with McGizmo Clips.

PM me if have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtesla View Post
    Will this clip work with the sunwayman v10r
    looking for a clip for one
    thanks
    You would have to have someone like precisionworks drill and tap holes to mount the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    The hole pattern is the same but you'll need the screws Sinner uses as they are not 4-40.

Don, or anyone... can someone tell me what tool I need to acquire in order to remove the clip screws from my Haiku? I have quite a few small tools but none will fit these heads.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Don, or anyone... can someone tell me what tool I need to acquire in order to remove the clip screws from my Haiku? I have quite a few small tools but none will fit these heads.

Thanks
    MIP Thorp driver ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/....php?p=3142314
    ... is the archimedes peak

Those drivers are awesome. I'm glad picked one up. Crack those tight screws right loose!
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

Yep. I bought one too. Indispensable.

Thank you thank you thank you! I bought a few sets of blue ti screws that I wanted to try out.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    You would have to have someone like precisionworks drill and tap holes to mount the clip.

The hole pattern is the same but you'll need the screws Sinner uses as they are not 4-40.
    They are 1/4-20 threads, and you mat want to use thin nuts on top and bottom for extra security. 1/4-20 threads have been used on cameras since, from what I know since the 1930's when they standardized the hot shoe still in use today and film speeds, amount other things. However, the 1/4-20 could have been used well before the 30's, I just have no confirmation of it.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123