Storacell
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS (Dark Sucks): Titanium Pocket Clip + GITD for Surefire, Solarforce, Elzetta, etc.

Arrow FS (Dark Sucks): Titanium Pocket Clip + GITD for Surefire, Solarforce, Elzetta, etc.

Clips are back in stock!

Hi all, starting this new thread for the Ti Pocket clip! This is the same clip I use on my custom Alpha lights. Turns out that it fits a large range of other lights and the list is growing all the time. So far these are confirmed:
    1. Surefire G2X Pro
    2. Surefire 6PX Pro
    3. Surefire G2 Nitrolon
    4. Surefire 6P
    5. Surefire Fury
    6. Solarforce L2
    7. Solarforce L2T
    8. Elzetta
    9. JetBeam TCR3
    10. JetBeam III Ti
    11. Malkoff Hound Dog
    12. Malkoff Wild Cat
    If you find a new application please let me know and I'll add it to the list!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow this link to purchase!

$25.00 USD per clip
    $5.00 extra for flame coloring

>>> Each package contains 1 clip, 1 black o-ring, and 1 GITD o-ring

>>> Order more than one clip and get free shipping (only $6.00 for international)

Last edited by archer6817j; 03-10-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Default Re: FS (Dark Sucks): Titanium Pocket Clip + GITD for Surefire, Solarforce, Elzetta, e

I've lost a bunch of the old photos. If you guys that have bought clips could post your photos here that would be great! Fun to see clips in their new homes and might also help sales a bit

Thanks!

Jason
    Last edited by archer6817j; 10-02-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: FS (Dark Sucks): Titanium Pocket Clip + GITD for Surefire, Solarforce, Elzetta, e

Jason,

Would stainless steel clip of same design end up being any cheaper ??? Have you thought about possibility of making them out of stainless steel to cut the price, maybe ??? Also, any chance you could give me internal and external dimensions of the ring that goes on the body... I'm looking for some tight fitments and if yours was any cheaper, would get it already but since it's expensive titanium, I'm just trying to be 100% sure of my aplications... thanks in advance...

As for GITD in the thead name, is that for possible rubber parts or clip itself ??? (like O-rings and tailcap boots)

When you torch these titanium clips, do you get any that only keep silver and blue color ???
    Last edited by Tana; 11-06-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Jason,

Would stainless steel clip of same design end up being any cheaper ??? Have you thought about possibility of making them out of stainless steel to cut the price, maybe ??? Also, any chance you could give me internal and external dimensions of the ring that goes on the body... I'm looking for some tight fitments and if yours was any cheaper, would get it already but since it's expensive titanium, I'm just trying to be 100% sure of my aplications... thanks in advance...

As for GITD in the thead name, is that for possible rubber parts or clip itself ??? (like O-rings and tailcap boots)

When you torch these titanium clips, do you get any that only keep silver and blue color ???
    Hi Tana,

Stainless would probably be about the same price. It's also incredibly hard to bend so (at this time) I don't plan on doing any stainless clips.

The inside diameter is .880" and the outside is .990"

The GITD is as pictured in the first post, it's just the o-ring.

Color wise it's difficult (but possible) to get a blue color and retain the original Ti color. However, there will tend to be a little bit of rainbow at the margins. Basically as you heat the Ti it changes colors in response to the temp, so from coolest to hottest it transitions like this: raw Ti, gold, purple, blue, light blue, white-ish (then if you go "really" hot) pink-ish, green-ish, then back to white-ish. The temperatures that separate these colors are incredibly close so it's almost impossible to make a "specific" color effect.

I just ordered one of these for my ZL Sc600w. Can't wait to get a good clip on it as the stock one is not up to par with the rest of the light.
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

If you make a clip to fit a HDS Clicky, I bet you'll have a ready made market as well. I would be the first to order one that's fur'sur!

A slightly smaller diameter clip to fit the E-series would be awesome
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights, Titanium Light boring & modding * PM's disabled * Please Email & PayPal through www:Precision.Works

A Surefire G2, the first quality light I purchased.....many up-grades later. A Moddoolar TL65 with the P60 interface.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate!

Purchased Ti Pocket Clip on website for my new Surefire Fury. Fits and works perfect. Great job!
    Last edited by Glock 22; 01-27-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Jason,

Clips arrived today and they are fantastic! First class job.

These are the best 6P slip-over clips you can get. They are in the same league with McGizmo's clips...So, I guess that makes you two guy's the league
    Thanks.

All the best,

Ned Redway
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

I would be interested in an HDS clip. Can't find a Moddoo and for the cost of shipping direct from HDS, might as well as get something really cool.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

Enlightened

Glad to hear these fit the Fury - Ill need to order one for mine and one for a G2X perhaps.

Post up more pics those of you with the Dark Sucks clip!

I am really loving this clip on the SC600w!

This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Quote Originally Posted by SikDMAX View Post
    Glad to hear these fit the Fury - Ill need to order one for mine and one for a G2X perhaps.

Post up more pics those of you with the Dark Sucks clip!
    Purchased one for my fury and it fits and works great you'll like it if you order one. I would post you a pic of mine but I don't have one of it. But it would look the same as the pic in post #1
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Ad a JetBeam BC25 to your list!

What about a run of deep carry pocket clips?

Delete, will get back to you on this one!
    Last edited by AZPops; 02-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    What about a run of deep carry pocket clips?
    Bezel down deep carry clip. I'll buy some for sure!

I wish he would do a run of them, I believe that they would be good sellers for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chai View Post
    Bezel down deep carry clip. I'll buy some for sure!

Order placed!

It might be good to offer peak Logan clips too......
    Currently into SPYs....
    My Lights In Detail

Any chance of a polished clip? I would prefer this over the matte finish on them now.

Was looking for the best way to attach a lanyard to a new 6P body and found this thread. I can live with or without a clip most of the time but this is perfect because it gives me a lanyard attachment point along with a well executed Ti clip in case I need it. Very nice offering!

Got my clips yesterday and they are nice. The oveready 6P is so new I am still waiting on the light engine I intend to put in. Have had it out a couple times with a spare Nailbender SST-50, but to me it felt incomplete without a strap. Problem solved. The 6P is going to be a nice setup but I am a little bummed about what I've read about cerakote since I bought it. These are hardly ever in stock but I saw one early on a sunday morning and thought to myself, it's now or never and took the plunge. Really nice looking but we'll see if the cerakote holds up.

The zebralight requires some explanation. The clip does fit perfectly, but some mod will need to be done in order to make contact between the tailcap and the body of the light, since inserting the clip will put a space where there wasn't one previously. I found that one ring from any P60 dropin fits pretty well in the bottom of the tailcap - I had to flatten it out and compress it a little to fit, but it fits pretty well. Aluminum foil also works but is a little hard to get the right thickness. I also want to try a solder coil because it would be much more flexible than the spring coil, but have not had a chance to try it. For now the spring coil works great and gives good contact.

The top of the clip is a perfect spot to attach a 5 mm split ring and then a lanyard. The clip is smooth enough to attach a lanyard directly to it, but over time the edges are square enough that it could be an issue. Split ring gives extra movement and provides a smooth place for attachment.

Works for me, thanks Jason!

I just tried to order a clip but couldn't get to the PayPal page because yout site said it was experincing difficulties...

Quote Originally Posted by 737mech View Post
    I just tried to order a clip but couldn't get to the PayPal page because yout site said it was experincing difficulties...
    No issues on my end that I'm aware of

Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    No issues on my end that I'm aware of
    Ok finally got one ordered. The problem was on my end.... trying to use my phone to order wont work for some reason. Sorry about the confusion and my bad spelling above. Haha

Add one more to your list Jason!

Fit's like a freak'in glove on a Malkoff MD3 or MD4 body!

Note: I posted the photos in the Malkoff Junkie thread as well!

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    Geeze, you must have big pockets

Any plans for a deeper carry clip?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast