tlslights update

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I have accepted a new job and will be relocating to the city of Conroe, TX about 3 hours away. I will be changing the business a bit. Due to my move I have decided to sell the 2500lb mill and 1800lb lathe so I do not have to move them. So I will only be selling parts as I will not be able to modify stuff for at least a while.

Thanks to everyone that has bought stuff from me in the past. Like I said, I will still continue to support the DIY guys with parts and canisters, but I can no longer manufacture complete systems. I am selling off what I have laying around, so if you need something, let me know. I have some heads, etc laying around that I can easily complete or are in partial completion.

Hector

lautmaschine

Newly Enlightened
Re: tlslights.com update

Hector, your parts are a great asset to the community. I think you'll just have to get a new lathe once you're settled in... :)

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks! I will definitely keep the parts side going. It's the machining side that will be down a while. Plan is to eventually have a shop again. Just don't know when that will be.

I'll definitely be around!

wquiles

Flashaholic

Thanks! I will definitely keep the parts side going. It's the machining side that will be down a while. Plan is to eventually have a shop again. Just don't know when that will be.

I'll definitely be around!

Hector,

Couldn't you just put them in storage for a few months until you decide what to do?

Will

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, except that was one of those "wife deals" I had to make in order to convince her to move. Also, here I have a 4-car garage which I am sure I will not have there! :mad:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Couldnt you put the wife in storage instead and take you machines with you?
Its all about priorities Hector!

JacobJones

Enlightened

She doesn't have to know that they didn't get sold. Storage can be expensive, especially for such large items, maybe there is a flashaholic nearby who could take care of them

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha, all good points....Some of the issues are space related as well. I ended up selling them for what I had in them so I didn't do too bad. Sold them to a guy that has a personal shop and does work on the side. He had a Bobcat to unload them so moving them was not a real headache.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like TLS may be acquiring a lathe this weekend! Found a brand new 11x for a good price...

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got an old 13" Leblond today! Now for cleaning and cosmetic resotration. May be back up in a few months. Needs a VFD and tool post.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

For those of you looking for a bigger canister alternative to the 2" ID (OMS clone), I am getting some 3" ID ones done. They should be ready within 2 weeks. Same design as the 2" but bigger. Great for big video light set ups requiring large battery packs.

SmokedCPU

Newly Enlightened

would 3 serie of 18650 would enter in a row ? from memory, something only 2cm longer would fit ?
also the black lid as you made were nice !

Last edited:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

would 3 serie of 18650 would enter in a row ? from memory, something only 2cm longer would fit ?
also the black lid as you made were nice !

The total length will be around 9". You'll be able to fit around 20 18650 in them...