• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (SOLD) WTS: Titanium Custom XML 1x 18350 with TIR optic

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
(sold) For sale is this titanium (6al4v, grade 5) custom light, 3.5" long and just under 1" (0.990") maximum diameter.

Specs are as follows:

- XML emitter (T6 cool or T5 neutral available now, other tints available upon request)
- Carclo 20mm narrow (12.4 degree) optic gives floody beam with large clean hotspot and good throw for a floody light (the border of the spill is square but not noticeable except when white wall hunting). Optic can be easily switched to other beam patterns offered in 20mm size by Carclo and others
- Shiningbeam 2.8A 3-mode driver
- powered by 1x 18350 cell (not included)
- McClicky forward clicky tailswitch
- o-ring construction throughout, this light is definitely splash-resistant but more extensive immersion testing has not been performed and so it should not be considered waterproof/immersible.
- copper heatsink with custom star board that is only 0.010" thick, and has a hole under the emitter heat pad that allows soldering of the emitter directly to the heatsink. The star only provides insulation for the (+) and (-) pads to facilitate wiring
- tailcap is acme (sometimes called square) threaded for wear resistance and smooth feel.

Although pictured with an orange switch boot, black and glow-in-the-dark are available.

I designed and built this light for EDC use, and with the idea that the beam pattern can be modified somewhat to suit the user's preference by simply changing the optic. Pictures below show size relative to an E1E.

I'm asking $350 including insured+delivery confirm shipping CONUS, international buyers welcome but please PM me to discuss shipping costs.

I would prefer paypal gift, although if you are not comfortable with that the price will be $350 + half the paypal fees (~$7).

Titanium clip (I believe they're made for Nitecore EX11) available for an additional $25, a lanyard hole is available free of charge upon request.

Thanks for looking!

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%20012.jpg

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%20011.jpg

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%20015.jpg

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%20018.jpg

Last edited:

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Titanium Custom XML 1x 18350 with TIR optic

Additional pictures:

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%2520021.jpg

Note: the copper is a little tarnished in the photo, I will polish it up before shipping, although this is a natural occurence with copper over time.

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%2520019.jpg

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice little light.:thumbsup:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, very nice and compact.
Did you make this light yourself ?
Would like to see beamshot if possible.

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Yes, I machine these on a 1940's South Bend lathe and an old Bridgeport, which are both still running beautifully. Modern tooling helps a lot with the threading. I will try to get beamshots up, I have them somewhere on this site but I don't yet know how to link to other threads. Hotspot is large and uniform, with a fairly smooth transition to spill. The edge of the spill is square, which is interesting, I think it is a projection of the die borders, similar to the square hotspot thrown by an aspheric, but with this optic hotspot is round, spill border is square.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I machine these on a 1940's South Bend lathe and an old Bridgeport, which are both still running beautifully. Modern tooling helps a lot with the threading. I will try to get beamshots up, I have them somewhere on this site but I don't yet know how to link to other threads. Hotspot is large and uniform, with a fairly smooth transition to spill. The edge of the spill is square, which is interesting, I think it is a projection of the die borders, similar to the square hotspot thrown by an aspheric, but with this optic hotspot is round, spill border is square.

Thank you !

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a lot of nice custom Titanium lights, that being said, this little guy rocks. Machining is perfect and with the optic it really has a nice hot spot and spill. Simple, small and bright as a Mother F&^*&%!. Please make more simular to this and people will come........

S1LVA

Enlightened

I'm interested in one with a black boot and a nice neutral tint!

S1LVA

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Chip, I'm glad you like it.

Silva, thanks for the interest, if you are sure you would like one please PM me. I will be starting the next one in about a week and I can make it with a neutral T5 XML emitter if you definitely want it.

If anyone else wants to pre-order one please PM me, I will continue to make these lights and then sell them after they're finished but I will also be taking a limited number of pre-orders if someone wants to be sure to be next in line, and get the light made to their specs.

-Jon

Last edited: