is there any drop in led bulbs for the fulton mx/991u?

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could get a "shower head" style flashlight and wire the head in place of the reflector but you'd need to use 3 C cells in place of the D cells

I have seen people make custom drop-ins. I think he used copper plumbing parts that fit in there and had an optic on an XR-E.
A Cree XP-G would put out a lot of light direct drive off 2 D cells, as long as your heatsink can get the heat out thats where putting an LED in a plastic body runs into problems

Nitroz did a nice mod here

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The simplest thing to do is to buy any of the available PR flange LED drop-in bulbs that are on the market today. My Fultons have a 1W Nite Ize bulb installed and a 1/2W Nite Ize bulb in the tail cap as a spare for those times when I know I'm going to need a longer burn time.

sniper

Enlightened
The simplest thing to do is to buy any of the available PR flange LED drop-in bulbs that are on the market today. My Fultons have a 1W Nite Ize bulb installed and a 1/2W Nite Ize bulb in the tail cap as a spare for those times when I know I'm going to need a longer burn time.

Hoo BOY! Another dinosaur, like me...great minds, and all that! His light is just like mine, except I have the Terralux 1 Watt led, and a no-name 1/2 watter in the tailcap. Works great!