Anyone have pics of their spark st6 mounted to a helmet and handlebar?

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Was thinking fishblocks for handlebar, and figuring out something for my helmet.... Like to see what others have done already...

ryguy24000

Enlightened
yeah great thread guys. It's getting to be that time of year when you need light to bike in the early morning or evening. I have been thinking about a 490 nw or two mounted to my handlebars via fishblocks(2) attached to the battery tubes. Not sure what I want or need on my helmet?
varuscelli

that helmet light looks like a good simple idea do you use this setup on the road or mountain bike?

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah great thread guys. It's getting to be that time of year when you need light to bike in the early morning or evening. I have been thinking about a 490 nw or two mounted to my handlebars via fishblocks(2) attached to the battery tubes. Not sure what I want or need on my helmet?
varuscelli

that helmet light looks like a good simple idea do you use this setup on the road or mountain bike?

I use mine on a mountain bike that I ride on streets and on light trails (mostly backstreet and neighborhood trail riding at night).

For the helmet, a couple of options are the TwoFish Lockblocks or TwoFish Bikeblocks (depending on which way the helmet bridging that you want to attached to runs). Lockblocks or bikeblocks or a Universal Nylon Mounts for Flashlights from DealExtreme (less bulky than a bikeblock) are good choices for helmets. For helmet with an attachment bridge running side to side, a lockblock. For a bridge running back to front, a bikeblock or one of the mounts from DealExtreme. I show way more examples than you'd ever need to see on this page (but good for reference to the three attachment methods I mention):

http://www.ruscelli.com/biking_twofish.htm

Pay attention to the helmet bridging on those to make sure that if you buy one of those different mounting blocks that you get one that will work for your particular helmet. Some people buy a lockblock when they really needed a bikeblock, etc.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine on a fullface DH helmet about twice a week. I jam it under the visor and thread the top strap underneath and tie it in a knot in back. No time for a photo right now.

Sometimes I just push the top strap to the side.

If u are wearing a skid lid u probably can just adjust the strap and it will work fine.

I also put the silicon rings a bit on the outside o the grooves so it doesn't flop down when hitting jumps/drops etc.

Works great- just got home from a ride!