I am looking for a good work light. Any suggestions on LED work lights.

BassTib

Newly Enlightened
I already have several LED work lights and even a CFL worklight from home depot.  The CFL light has two relatively large CFLs in it.  Its basically an aluminum tube thats approx 3 feet long when closed.  To turn it on the CFLs telescope up out of the aluminum tube.  It sits on a tripod.  I have had it for probable 6 years.  I forget the name and could not find it on the HD site.  Anyway I am looking for a similar size light but in LEDs maybe.  The CFL light stands probably 5 feet high when in use.  I basically would like an oversized version of the various multi-LED hand held lights that are on the market.  I thing that would be really cool.  Its probably cost prohibative to build such a large LED array but it would look cool.

Enlightened
You can get various examples/format and different builts (steel housing, ABS/aluminum housing etc) on aliexpress and Ebay. Quite a few are for vehicular usage, so they usually run off 12/24V too. Max I have seen is a 4-feet long, 250W version.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Pelican RALS. They are the perfect worklights I have several 9430's and a 9440 - Portable, and very convenient.

jakester

Newly Enlightened
I'm also looking for a good work light, for doing late night car repairs and for rock climbing after dusk.

I have a buddy who has a portable LED rechargeable work light like this one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130-SUPER-BRIGHT-LED-CORDLESS-WORK-LIGHT-PORTABLE-PRO-/160550763024?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2561923a10#ht_4550wt_1139

H
is is orange, brand uncertain, but it cost $60 and has a 12x15 LED array that provides sufficient light for us to climb 30 to 45' rock walls after dusk. It lasts for about 4 hours on a charge.

I thought it would be fun to build one, hopefully brighter, and would probably use an old 24V 10AH lead acid battery one from my electric lawnmower that I've replaced with a newer one.

I like the design of the Pelican mentioned above and would like to use similar LEDs. Do anyone know what type they use in their design?I have about a hundred T 1-3/4 White LEDs I could use, or a 5m strip of led chip lights (4040 size I think, wired for 12V on sticky taple like you can buy at autozone). I thought perhaps may get some luxeon/cree 1..5W LEDs and make an array. Has anyone tried a similar project?