• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Low Output P60 Module for Surefire G2 flashlights

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit 12/11: More Low Output P60 Modules are available on demand. (XPE @ 130 Lumens, XML @ 180 Lumens)

Up for sale is a modified Solarforce XP-G P60 module with low output suitable for the Surefire G2 and other plastic body flashlight.

webigp7397.jpg

The circuit board was changed to a modified one. Specs are:

Output
130 Lumens with an XP-G R5 WC/51C
400mA
Input
Voltage: 3.6-9V
Current Draw: 200mA

In reality I measured output in 390mA and 125 lumens OTF.

This is the second prototype. I have run this for 3.5 hours in a G2 (Nitrolon head) and the module was just hot, less than the XM-L modules in a metal body. Outside Temp was constant through the test.

webigp7398.jpg
webigp7399.jpg

I am open to fother customizations in LED & Battery Types too.
XM-L mods will produce more light but the user must consider the change in beam shape (wider in XML and with less throw)
Pushing current further than 400mA is not advised.

Price - Ordering Details

Price is 20 Euros ($ 26.75 ) with all paypal charges absorbed by me.
Shipping cost is 2.5 Euros ($ 3.34 )
Total Cost 22.5 Euros
Paypal to [email protected]

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry for being late
Malkoff M61LL: 100 measured out the front lumens. The current draw is only 150ma at 6 volts. The full output runtime is approximately 10 hours on two CR123 primary batteries with a nice long taper as voltage drops
Malkoff M61L: 175 measured out the front lumens. The current draw is only 300ma at 6 volts. The full output runtime is approximately 5 hours on two CR123

Mine: 130 lumens, 400mA output, 0.19A consumption which will give 6.5 Hours or regulated runtime assuming 2xCR123 batteries

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Kind of surprised this hasn't sold yet - we've gotten a number of threads over the past few years with folks looking for this exact thing - a budget version of the low-output Malkoff dropins. Looks to be a good configuration, good luck with your sale. :)

lightdog

Newly Enlightened
Hey,
thats a really nice product, but I have some questions:

On the Drop-In is written 0,8-4,2V and you say up to 9V - whats right?

Does the Drop-In use PWM or is it constant current driven?

Can you say something to the tint?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey,
thats a really nice product, but I have some questions:
On the Drop-In is written 0,8-4,2V and you say up to 9V - whats right?
Does the Drop-In use PWM or is it constant current driven?
Can you say something to the tint?

Well, I said that it is based on an exisitng Soalrforce Module. I chose to keep the label as is for two reasons...show that it is a SLF one and that the label is aluminum foil acrtually. So it does not hurt contact in the aluminum bodies. So it is a3.6-9Volt one.

being a SLF tint is 51C...just the average cool white

Yes it does use a standard good chinses PWM driver. Eagle eyed members can understand what.

Kind of surprised this hasn't sold yet - we've gotten a number of threads over the past few years with folks looking for this exact thing - a budget version of the low-output Malkoff dropins. Looks to be a good configuration, good luck with your sale.

well kestrel your wishes worked out.
I am indeed amazed by the initial lack of interest... Hope I get a positive feedback by addictedmatt.
If there is interest I may make more.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
just saw that....
Mod is done by changing a component on the PCB that makes the controller chip output less current

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...I can use this for my G2Z. Tell me your tint for XP-G R5? or can you install a Nichia 219 in this?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sourcing again the parts for it, cos another member asked me for some too...
tell me what you need, but i will have to check if i can get my hands on a 219