E-Flight Apprentice good first plane?

jonahailsa

Banned
So i fly helicopters, i can do flips and rolls, and some fast forward flight, and i am thinking i want to fly planes to, but i dont know what plane to go with first, apprentice, or the super cub.

i really want to go with the apprentice b.c its bigger, and comes with a brushless setup, but i was told i should start with the super cub b.c its slower not as big, and easy to fly, but being a fast learner and i get board easy, i just think i would out grow the cup way to fast

could i learn to fly planes with the apprentice with out to much difficulty, or would i be in over my head

oh yea i do have a sim, and a dx6i and i can fly planes on the sim and land them to.

bp_968

Newly Enlightened
I think planes are easy compared to the helis (I do both). Personally I'd get A decently priced foamy acrobatic plane or a wing and learn on that but just set up low rates on the controller. The hardest thing with planes IMHO is orientation because they get so far away so fast its tough to tell which way their pointed.

I started on a 40 sized glow cub, but jumped to a wing when I got back into flying a few years later. Now I just mostly fly helis. :)

So i fly helicopters, i can do flips and rolls, and some fast forward flight, and i am thinking i want to fly planes to, but i dont know what plane to go with first, apprentice, or the super cub.

i really want to go with the apprentice b.c its bigger, and comes with a brushless setup, but i was told i should start with the super cub b.c its slower not as big, and easy to fly, but being a fast learner and i get board easy, i just think i would out grow the cup way to fast

could i learn to fly planes with the apprentice with out to much difficulty, or would i be in over my head

oh yea i do have a sim, and a dx6i and i can fly planes on the sim and land them to.