Surefire, "If You Build it, [They] Will Come."

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
Even if you had to save for a while, what currently nonexistent Surefire product/s would draw you to head, without hesitation, toward the checkout counter?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if you had to save for a while, what currently nonexistent Surefire product/s would draw you to head, without hesitation, toward the checkout counter?
A 500-1000 lumen U2
Keep the 2-5 lumen low, give it bigger (more useful) spacing between levels, a click stop at each level
Keep the beam, clip, 18650 compatibility of the old tubes, 1hr on high is long enough, you would probably use the lower levels more frequently with an ultra high
And I would be heading to the checkout without looking at the price

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
I would jump for a - get ready for this - "Surefire M14LT-CB AA Guardian Pro" that could tail stand.

Okay, so I extended myself a little bit of freedom in the nomenclature department, but I'll explain. It would look similar to the new M6LT Guardian. The CB means it would have a crenelated strike bezel, formed especially for any punks that would want to take my sweet flashlight from me. The L's for LED. I'm not sure what the T stands for, but I just went with it because I saw it in the title of the currently produced flashlight that I already mentioned; "Tactical" was all I could come up with for it, but if that's the case you can leave the "T" off, because I want more than one mode, hence the "Pro." A nice, dim low would be great in addition to an insanely bright high mode, with some practical levels in between. Instead of taking 6 CR123A batteries, it would take 14 AA batteries. I arrived at the number 14 by putting one AA battery lengthwise in the middle of six others, to form a circle of them. Two groups of these seven, one stacked on another, amounts to 14 of them. Two or three stacks of four would also suffice if these designs would have a greater predisposition to fit into a battery magazine design. I figured that such a large number as 14 would more than make up for any inferiority in utilizing AA cells.

I submit that if this mammoth beast were made, I would not only extend much of my attention to it, but I would even carry it with me on a daily basis everywhere, despite its size. To abbreviate, you could say I would CIWMOADBE,DIS; I know some people would simply say that they would EDC it, but that's just too simplified for my taste. It would be bright enough to light up any room, so with its tail stand capability you can just forget about utilizing modern fixed lighting technology altogether when I'm in the room. It would be my go-to light for nearly every application I can think of. I could play with this thing as much as I want and then charge up the batteries for nearly free when it's time to reload. This would offset the initial investment.

Surefire, are you listening?

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to see an HID M6. even M9 (add 3 extra batteries for more runtime)
A E1EL, same exact form factor as the E1E with an LED. I dislike it when the head is the size of the body, much like the E1B and E1L.

I would also like it if they added tritium slots.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
A Surefire LX2 with a more efficient emitter and the new 4 position switch they're putting on the soon to be released rechargeable line. Hell, make it part of the rechargeable lineup by being rechargeable, and have it use cr123a's as backups (just the the rechargeables)

Mikeg23

Enlightened
As a huge fan of incandescent Surefires I'd like to see high CRI LEDs

But since we're dreaming I'll give you one that will never happen... A regulated incandescent that has the ability to use 4-6 volts with out changing bulbs. Simple click on/off tailcap but make it a two stage. Tighten tail cap for high and loosen tail for low... I don't need a lock out.

Preferably something a little bigger and brighter than E2E, but not necessarily as big as a 6P. Maybe like the size of the A2 with no LEDs in it so It has more reflector

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
T1A-AA Titan or
E1L-AA Outdoorsman

LX5 Lumamax with 1.47" TIR (but with none of the extras like what's on the upcoming TIR 2 cell UNR that's over 9" long) or
M3L (1.67" version of the M3LT with fresnel lens)

AX2 (a black single mode LX2 head on the AZ2 combat body)

Bring back regulated incans- an e2e with the A2's incan beam only.

Anon said:
10mixzb.jpg

:eek:

jellydonut

Enlightened
A light like the V2 Vampire, but with a Nichia 365nm UV emitter instead of an IR emitter as the secondary light source.

That would rule.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
An A1-HA-WH would be an instant buy. I'm tired of getting jabbed by my A2 while leaning over to tie my shoes.

Or how about the fabled LX1?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread title caught my attention. It's an interesting concept. What light would you pay a lot for if it was made :) You can justify paying a lot for a light if it's already in existence and has proven itself but wanting to pay a lot for a light that doesn't exist?

Surefire either already builds a better mousetrap or if they don't why would you want them to build your mousetrap? :)

Cypher_Aod

Enlightened
A 2xCR123A light (which could hopefully take a 17670) with L-series dual-level tailcap and a TIR-equipped turbohead would be awesome.

<Edit> it would look something like this:

ULI6M.jpg

shjWR.jpg

hmsI2.jpg

*phwoar* *in Love*

Last edited:

Harry999

Enlightened
leon2245

T1A-AA Titan or
E1L-AA Outdoorsman

SuperD

E2l 1xAA Outdoorsman
Defender using AA cells

These would be my dream light. Paul Kim made the Icon range with 1xAA - I am just begging for Surefire to do a T1A-AA Titan or an E1L-AA Outdoorsman. I have a E2L-AA Outdoorsman and it is definitely in my EDC rotation. A 1xAA Surefire light would be there permanently. I am prepared to pay for it. The E2L-AA cost me £195 in the UK. I was happy to pay... :):whistle: