Hi I'm looking for a gu10 LED bulb maybe xm-l LED based

Stephen7372

Newly Enlightened
Are there any really good gu10 LED bulbs yet ?
I want one as close to 50 Watt Halogen light as possible, I've not seen any XM-L based spotlights has anyone else ?

kalekainxx

Newly Enlightened
There's a few out already, but they are really expensive. Your looking at $35-40 range for one of them.

BVH

Flashaholic
.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fbi-pin.html

little more than half way down the page, the 5th and last tab over to the right. "GU10-, Twist Lock Base" section. - GU10xw7w-38

I just picked up 8 of these and ordered 5 more. Available in cool (what I bought) or warm. I'd say easily the output of a 45-50 Watt Halogen. I'm very happy with them.

denniss

Newly Enlightened
/
Are there any really good gu10 LED bulbs yet ?
I want one as close to 50 Watt Halogen light as possible, I've not seen any XM-L based spotlights has anyone else ?

Try to find in on ebay you will see a lot of led and some have small prices. For gu10 LE are some auctions really atractive.

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There used to be an acriche GU10 at wallyworld, of all places... check clearance aisle. Last I saw, they took a whopping $0.87 off teh original price, so ~$24.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've not seen any XM-L based spotlights has anyone else ?
Flashlight LEDs aren't necessarily the best for fixed lighting use, think large and flat (ie. Cree CXA2011). Most diffuse LED bulbs use LEDs that look like that.
For fixed lighting use an XML should be driven at 700 mA. Flashlight manufacturers get away with up to 4000 mA because they do not have to worry about the life of the LED. So you can have 800 lumens that lasts less than 6 months or 250 lumens that lasts you 20 years. Any manufacturer that builds an expensive LED light bulb that only lasts 6 months will be out of business in the 7th month.

The GU10/MR16 bulbs are small and do not have a large heatsink. The heatsink will probably not be able to handle a CXA2011 LED. Cree recognized this and came up with a special LED for the 2 inch MR16/GU10 form factor. It is called the MTG.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...p-MT-G-LED-Delivers-Unprecedented-Performance
So for small format fixed lighting do not look for the XML. Look for the MTG.

Stephen7372

Newly Enlightened
Ok can you just recommend a good GU10 LED 50 watt equivalent (I'm in the UK)

please

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a mainly North American board. 115V 60 Hz.
You are across the pond 230V 50Hz.
Most of the stuff sold over here won't work over there.

BVH's suggestion (post#4) seems the best though pricey.

OTOH a quick "gu10 led" search on https://www.amazon.co.uk/?tag= brought up similar bulbs at same or lower price. And you do not have to fight with customs.
Stick with the 6W/7W or higher versions. (I am using a 3*1W as my keyboard light. That gives you some idea how bright (or dim) they are!)

Based on current LED household bulbs (A19/G60) available here:
6W-9W =40W
12W=60W
17W=75W

Watch out for colour temperature! Cool white or daylight white is a lot different from warm white.

-

The MTG LED is fairly new. I do not see bulbs showing up in stores for a year or 2. And the household bulb crowd do not tell you what LED they use. Unlike the premium LED flashlight crowd.