Any news on the Thrunite AAA?

davecroft

Enlightened
I was expecting Thrunite to have this on sale by now (some posts suggested about 8 October for launch date)?

There is nothing on their website.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Thrunite has a subforum over at the marketplace under the manufacturer's heading. There is a thread there about the light:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...hink-two-mode-is-enough-for-a-key-chainlights

Long story short, some samples are going out to reviewers very soon and hopefully they will be ready to purchase in the near future. The light is going to be the TI. Two modes: .04 lumen moon-mode and 60 lumen high. Twist for low and keep twisting for high. They have some pictures available in the thread. No word yet on any neutral/warm/high CRI options or if anything other than Al will be offered for the bodies. They did confirm multiple colors for the bodies.

davecroft

Enlightened
Thanks for that. I'll have to be patient! Just hoped they might have something ready before Christmas as I was thinking of getting a couple as presents.

Harry999

Enlightened
davecroft,

On the Thrunite sub forum at CPF marketplace one of the dealers has noted he has received the T1. It should be available for Christmas.

davecroft

Enlightened
Thanks Harry. I'll probably have to order from Hong Kong as the dealers in the UK can be very slow in stocking with new models, so hope they are out before end November or I won't be able to rely on delivery before Christmas! Still, there is always the E05, Lumintop Worm, Nitecore T0, Olight i3 etc, etc.

The Thrunite looks great in the pics though - a mini Fenix LD15 / Nitecore EZAA original version. If it is as good in the hand as either of those it will be a winner for almost half the price.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Stay away from the Nitecore TO! It should not be considered along with the other lights mentioned. It uses a 5mm led and would be more comparable to the EO1 with a much shorter runtime. They failed miserably with that light.

AutoTech

Enlightened
Is anyone else tickled when they see people's number one requirement as high cri/warm/neutral?

Is it really that important in a key chain light?

Can just imagine the scenario.. "honey, I've dropped my earing" "no problem [whips out handy keychain light and searches car floor] darn, I'd be able to find it if this colour rendition wasn't so far from what I'd see during the daytime. The black mat appears almost dark blue!"

A keychain light is a handy tool for off the cuff scenarios, surely people don't need to be worrying about colour?

Fair enough in a work light or even edc but keychain?

edc3

Enlightened
It wouldn't be my number one requirement, but I would prefer a neutral AAA keychain light. Put it this way, if you take someone who HATES warm LEDs and offer them a great AAA light that does everything they want it to do, but it's only available in warm, what do you think would happen? People have preferences. And we all want something that is "perfect" to us.

AutoTech

Enlightened
It wouldn't be my number one requirement, but I would prefer a neutral AAA keychain light. Put it this way, if you take someone who HATES warm LEDs and offer them a great AAA light that does everything they want it to do, but it's only available in warm, what do you think would happen? People have preferences. And we all want something that is "perfect" to us.

Didn't intend to offend anyone btw, just tickles me that's all.

h_nu

Enlightened
Is anyone else tickled when they see people's number one requirement as high cri/warm/neutral?

Is it really that important in a key chain light?...

Indeed. I would think runtime/efficiency would trump other considerations with a small battery. But maybe that is just me.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I'm very excited that someone is finally bringing back they interface used on the original EZAA. Twist for low,twist more for high is so intuative. I really love the QTC interface for the same reason.

davecroft

Enlightened
Thanks for the link, Mr. Tone. I'm surprised they still have stock - $16 dollars seems like a steal! I'd get one right away except that shipping to UK costs almost as much as the light itself. :(

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
I purchased the ThruNite Ti on Saturday and it shipped on Monday. It should come by tomorrow. I'm excited for this light; I love a firefly mode that comes on first, but it's also cool that it can be twisted all the way to high, as well. I would maybe prefer the high setting to be somewhere closer to 15-20 lumens since it's only two modes, but I'll have to see in real world use. I would also prefer neutral, but it's not a deal-breaker with a AAA light. I guess ThruNite wants feedback with these initial 40 lights so they can tweak the final product. I'm hoping this will be a big seller for them, as I've been wanting a light like this for a long time - finally a manufacturer who pays attention to what users want and responds accordingly (and pretty quickly, too). Kudos to ThruNite! I hope that the Ti lives up to my expectations.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be really cool if it is available in titanium. It's called Ti on an aluminum body? For $16 what do I expect? But I wouldn't mind paying more if it's available in titanium or stainless steel. I just prefer the bling factor.