• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB..next step up from Tiablo A9 aspheric

vincevoxbox

Newly Enlightened
Hello all

ive been away a while..but im just getting back out at night and wondered if i could step up my collection.

I have the Tiablo with collamator /aspheric lens kit..

also a Mag 2D with cree drop in and aspheric lens.

i like both these lights except that the beam is too tight and small.. the spot is rather small when you focus the beam and the reflection of the LED looks strage as a square..also the colour tint is not too my liking.

Is there a larger aspheric torch available ? or even a powerfull none aspheric that would do the job almost as well..Im looking for a spot thats like a halogen bulb from my Lightforce Striker 12v hunting lamp.
Im just experimenting with filters at the moment to get the colour tint correct.

i have just ordered a 75mm aspheric lens from DX..could anyone help me out and tell me what parts or hosts i could buy to make the 75mm into a bigger better thrower than my old kit..?

kindest regards

Vin

Gary123

Enlightened
I have been struggling with the same thing for years. A solution is not simple. Your large DX lens is still basically designed to be used with the XR-E which will give you a pin spot beam, it will just throw it further. I've not found anyone yet who has experimented with aspherics using large die emitters to see what can be had. I would be curious. There are also optics out there (not aspherics) that can be used with the large die emitters - I have a custom Aleph 3 with an optic on an MC-E and it throws quite well.

Latest posts