PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PF17! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Default PF17! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Update: RESCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10th.

As many already know, all northern NJ and surrounding states experienced a 1-2 week power outage during the time PF17 had been originally scheduled to occur. After consulting with as many prospective attendees as possible, we selected a new event date of December 10th. Sorry for any confusion (although I bear no responsibility whatsoever for the power outage! direct all complaints thereof to Jersey Central Power & Light, a First Energy Company. <sarcasm> Great folks. </sarcasm>)

New Jersey Photon Festival #17 (PF17) will happen on Saturday, November 5, 2011.

This is an initial posting for now. Watch this space for additional info, ground rules, logistics, and more in the near future!

See Post #2 for additional things you might want to be aware of.

Also see Post #3 for weather forecast and/or still more things you might want to be aware of.

Some quick things...

• This is a no alcohol event.
    • Attendees are asked to contribute a snack of some kind, or some soft drinks, or cups/plates/napkins, or similar.
    • If you have small trinkets to share, bring them! That's always fun.
    • If anyone has items to toss into an impromptu raffle, it's encouraged!
    • Kids welcome, but mom/dad will want to keep an eye on them.
    • If you're walking to the quarry, dress warmly and wear shoes for walking AND getting a bit dirty.
    • There is no fee to attend, but Data has generously established a "tip jar" with proceeds used to cover wear and tear to the yard, Mrs. Milky steam cleaning the carpet, etc. It's been much appreciated by the Mrs., which allows us to continue the event. If you can toss some funds in the jar, please do so.
    • Tank light is here. I need a couple car batteries to power it. Got any? Bring 'em, please.
    • Newbies, contact me for directions if you need them.

PF16 thread is over here for reference.

Last edited by milkyspit; 12-01-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    --Scott

Default Re: PF17! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

This post reserved for additional event information.

Last edited by milkyspit; 10-15-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    --Scott

This post reserved for weather forecast and/or still more event information.

From the PhotonFest Archives...

Last edited by milkyspit; 10-15-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    --Scott

moon phase:

Nov 2
    First Quarter
    Nov 10
    Full
    go Yankees!

Flashaholic*

Cool, I'm looking forward to it!
    I must have been left in the dark as a child!

Cant wait.

Larbo +2

My girlfriend and I will be there!

I'm planning on attending. I may bring my kids this year. They are normally well behaved.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE

Count me in as well

Hey TB......Where are you buddy ??

Flashaholic*

Data - please bring the Databank 70, the most awesome handheld light in the world, if you can. The tanklight needs competition.

Okay I'm there!

Sorry I won't be able to bring all my lights since there are some at the coater
    Milky I'm getting the Vulcan coated "pumpkin" orange and your custom 2 cell weaponlight body

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    Count me in as well

I'm in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    Count me in as well

Hey Ray... you drivin'?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

I Will Attend.

Flashaholic*

Again, I am not able to attend. Four (two years) in a row, things keep coming up. I told my wife, next April, forget about it! I'm coming, with my car, my boomerangs and my lights.
    Brass Dragonheart, JHanko D10 17 trits, 2C Flex Dragon w/Aleph 3 Milky MCE, Mac 4Rebel Aleph custom, Ti Gatlight, 3xP7 LZ Megalennium, TNC aspheric, MC-E Gotham w/optic, Extreme Micro, BB Haiku XP-G, Kuku Volere & D10, Drake, FM 26650 w/ copper VIDSM quad

I will be there with friend Doug.

Lighthouse one
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

Enlightened

I can finally make it ( at least for now). Thank's for having this scott. Pm me what I need to bring.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Again, I am not able to attend. Four (two years) in a row, things keep coming up. I told my wife, next April, forget about it! I'm coming, with my car, my boomerangs and my lights.
    boomerangs! I would like to see those. Oh well, next time.

<OT>
    want to do shot this year? ((it starts Jan 17th))

Scott, TB, Stan, Carrot, mendhammarsh, Mike, Kid9P, Mac, Nine166, Jody, sledhead others . . .

Come on! Lets get a big group together!

Please post over in the Shot Show thread.

</OT>
    Last edited by Data; 10-21-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Excellent. PF#17 is on my calendar!
    Stan Dobrowski

Unenlightened

Ooo <----------------- NOOB

Hello all,

Gonna Join My buddy Kid9P for this years event.

Hi, Scott. How are you and your kids and wife doing? New Jersey, New York, Connecticut...we all got socked, and I know NJ got hit pretty badly. One of my friends isn't due to have power back until Saturday morning.

"...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Default Re: <----------------- NOOB

Quote Originally Posted by TranceGhost View Post
    Hello all,

Gonna Join My buddy Kid9P for this years event.
    Nice!
    --Scott

Quote Originally Posted by LEDAdd1ct View Post
    Hi, Scott. How are you and your kids and wife doing? New Jersey, New York, Connecticut...we all got socked, and I know NJ got hit pretty badly. One of my friends isn't due to have power back until Saturday morning.

Thanks for the concern. Yup, we got hit pretty bad. Nobody in Califon has power, and nobody in any neighboring town, either. I really mean NOBODY. Not even the fire department. Some phone switches are starting to fail. Gas station is open a few hours each day on a generator. There are trees across some of the major roads.

We have no heat, water, or electricity, with restoration uncertain: they say "maybe" by Thursday night but nobody has even shown up to do repair work yet. It's almost surreal.

Thankfully, the various Milky Labs creations have kept the house lit every night, and done so efficiently! I also temporarily modded the outdoor entrance to our basement into a refrigerator (36deg and holding) by piling snow down the stairs and putting a box of snow on top of a box of refrigerated goods. Also been cooking chicken nuggets each night on a cookie sheet on the barbeque grill. Almost out of propane, though.

Modded a connector from a big gel cell to my cell phone to recharge when needed.

I expect (hope?) to have power again by Friday... and if so, PF17 will take place as scheduled. If not, I'll post here with updated plans.

I have the tank light here, but no power source. If anyone can bring any car batteries (preferably deep discharge), it would be a BIG win! Need two to power the tank light.
    Last edited by milkyspit; 11-01-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    --Scott

Hey Milky I'm in the cold with you, though my neighbors aren't, the county line is 300' away and the lights are on over there. But we are supposed to be back on Wednesday. I still haven't seen any action on the mess, guess the crews just swoop in overnight and take care of it. Hope that your back in action soon.
    Sitting around thinking by Milky Candle these past few nights I figured wiring up the house with LEDs for emergency lighting would be a good move, actually I though about it after Irene but that was only 26 hours. So I promptly forgot about it.
    Maybe I should buy some deep discharge car batteries to power a string of XM-Ls mounted on the ceiling around the house, though I'd probably need to use a heavy gauge wire for near 100' loop, I'd need to figure a mains powered charger to keep it topped off and turn on in case of power loss. Sounds like I'll need a driver like the Chippo or Hyperboost.
    Last edited by nein166; 11-01-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    Hey Milky I'm in the cold with you, though my neighbors aren't, the county line is 300' away and the lights are on over there. But we are supposed to be back on Wednesday. I still haven't seen any action on the mess, guess the crews just swoop in overnight and take care of it. Ho
    pe that your back in action soon.
    Sitting around thinking by Milky Candle these past few nights I figured wiring up the house with LEDs for emergency lighting would be a good move, actually I though about it after Irene but that was only 26 hours. So I promptly forgot about it.
    Maybe I should buy some deep discharge car batteries to power a string of XM-Ls mounted on the ceiling around the house, though I'd probably need to use a heavy gauge wire for near 100' loop, I'd need to figure a mains powered charger to keep it topped off and turn on in case of power loss. Sounds like I'll need a driver like the Ch

ippo or Hyperboost.
    Nein, what you need to keep the battery charged is a "battery tender." They charge the battery, then keep it charged indefinitely by waking up every once in a while, checking the cell, and topping off as necessary. They work great and are pretty affordable, too.
    --Scott

Haven't been on the forums for a long time just popped in and I see PF 17 is going on "MAYBE" I'll come on down.
    “What do you mean LEDs are more efficient then Incans?”, that’s just what they want you to think! It’s a Conspiracy, Man!

After looking into it, the only way I can go is if I hitch a ride with one of you guys "otherwise my bold tires say NO!" Anyone near MA?, I can drive out and meet you at your place if you don't mind giving me a ride, of course gas money compensation will be given.
    “What do you mean LEDs are more efficient then Incans?”, that’s just what they want you to think! It’s a Conspiracy, Man!

Hope everyone gets power back soon! They are still trying to restore power to people around here. I was fortunate and our power only flickered at times. Fortunate in the sense we're not without heat, hot water, etc, but I didn't get to use my flashlights.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE