• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Closed and Done* Modded KL1 - Make offer

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is truly Frankenstein's Monster. It was the very first KL1 that I've ever owned. It was overdriven to ~700mA and has a Q3J highdome. It has been the subject of much experimentation. Swapping LEDs and optics. It has been my practice bed and my EDC on my E1e. It has been dropped and has been through a couple of brake jobs and a harmonic balancer swap, so it has some nicks. You'll also notice the silver ring. The first ring got so screwed up that I took it down and polished the aluminum. It might be ugly but is functionally 100%. I was just wondering if anyone might be interested in this. I've included some shots of it. I hope they are revealing enough. Post questions.

fae1e329.jpg

fae1e321.jpg

fae1e318.jpg

fae1e310.jpg

The beamshot was taken 3 feet from a white wall. The LED is pretty well centered, although not perfectly.

Both portions that unscrew has been loctited with blue loctite, but I can't guarantee water resistance.

I need to move this to help fund a McLux PR project I have in mind.

I'll take offers until 6:00 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 CST. That way I can have it in the mail Monday morning if I get any takers.

Please post offers. Offers can consist of $ or trades.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler on Modded KL1

One more time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler on Modded KL1

jtivat,
It is very white. This Q3J is one of the ones that kingkong was selling. I'm sure you've heard all of the raves about this batch of Q3J's. I realize that the description I've given will throw people off, but I was just trying to honest. The reality is that this KL1 is very bright and very white. It would make a nice EDC head. It doesn't get overly hot and has a good runtime of around 1hr and 40min on a single rechargeable and about 2 hrs on 2x123.