Zebralight 4200k neutral vs Xeno E03 4750-5000k neutral??

energythoughts

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone own a NW Xeno E03 and a neutral 4200k Zebralight? I'm considering a neutral ZL (SC80), but I'm concerned it will be too warm/yellow. My favorite color from any of my lights is the NW Xeno E03. I think this is the perfect temperature. I can't find any beam shot comparisons between these two lights.

If you own these two lights can you tell me if there is a large difference in color?

Has anyone been disappointed with their neutral ZL and said "I wish this was more neutral than warm"??

thanks!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both a T5 E03 and an SC50w+ which uses an XPE Q4/5B emitter, and is in the 4,200 K range. I can't currently post a comparison shot, but I'll see what I can do. I only have the camera in my phone to work with.

That said, I'd say the tints are very comparable. Both are certainly warmer than a 'true' neutral; the XPG R4 that's in my H51w is definitely whiter and cooler than either my E03 or 50w+. I'd describe the tints of both as being slightly peachy I guess... a nice combo of yellow, red, and white. There may be just a hint of green in my 50w+, but I've never been able to say for certain if that's the case.

Overall, I do really like the tint of my E03. I just wish Xeno had used a regulated driver for the light.

Tiggercat

Enlightened
I have both, as well as the NW ThruNite Neutron 2a and NW SWM V10R Anniversary. I am very pleased with the tint on the ZebraLights, though I will have to wait until this afternoon to compare them side-by-side, asuming you haven't received an answer by then. I can compare the SWM and the Xeno now if you'd like - I just have to run to the car.

Basically, from memory, the ThruNite is extremely warm, the SWM is about perfectly neutral to my eyes, and the ZL is just a little warm. The Xeno is my car light, so I don't recall tint, though I think it's solidly neutral.

energythoughts

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for your efforts. no rush on comparing them since the ZL SC80w is still pre pre-order. I just want to be ready to click the order button as soon as it's available. I have a SC600 now and I absolutely love it... I know I want the SC80(w), but just can't decide on the color. Every time I use my Xeno I think "ahh such a nice color".. and I'd love to have that same thought with the new SC80w.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Has anyone been disappointed with their neutral ZL and said "I wish this was more neutral than warm"??"

I have an SC600 that was modded with a 3C (5000k) XM-L and now I honestly don't care as much for the tint of my SC60w and SC30w. I liked them fine before this light and still like them better than a really cool light but they are now just a bit warm for me. Strange, I never felt that way until I carried this SC600 for a few days. I think it's kinda what you get used to.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Has anyone been disappointed with their neutral ZL and said "I wish this was more neutral than warm"??"

I have an SC600 that was modded with a 3C (5000k) XM-L and now I honestly don't care as much for the tint of my SC60w and SC30w. I liked them fine before this light and still like them better than a really cool light but they are now just a bit warm for me. Strange, I never felt that way until I carried this SC600 for a few days. I think it's kinda what you get used to.

I have an E03 with a neutral T5 in it, and an SC50w+ with an XPE Q4/5B (supposedly about 4,200K) and I find the tints between them to be nearly indistinguishable.