PEAK
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

XM-L P60 Dropin ($40)
    2.8-6 volt
    T50 Flux Bin 4A 4500K Neutral White
    3 level low/med/high with memory
    Driven at 2.1 amp (as discussed via PM)
    Thermal Potting (+$5)
    OP Reflector

for use with a Surefire C2 bored for Redilast 18650 2900mAh

Total = $45
    Paypal Sent
    Last edited by euthymic; 11-03-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Hey NB, it would be awesome if you ordered a set of xml U2 bins sometime.

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Quote Originally Posted by simplec6 View Post
    Hey NB, it would be awesome if you ordered a set of xml U2 bins sometime.

HI

They are coming but there is more to it than just wanting them, once I start selling them any of my T6's that I have become basically WORTHLESS to sell in modules. I try to buy in quantity so I can get a better price so inventory can be a REAL problem. I have some ordered but since no US vendors have or stock any U2's means they have to come from the far east or I have to order 1000 of them to acquire from Cree and then I am back to inventory management when the U3's come out. If you buy from the far east you never have a clue to when they will ship or when they will arrive, when they do I will put them on sale.

Thanks have a good week

Dave

Hi

Well the postman brought the long awaited XML U2 flux in 1A tint. I figured I had better post as soon as I found out so you all did not revolt.

Thanks for your patience

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

Well the postman brought the long awaited XML U2 flux in 1A tint. I figured I had better post as soon as I found out so you all did not revolt.

Thanks for your patience

Dave
    How's that for a well time post?! The day after I ask!

Great NB. Will be ordering a U2 soon from you!

Oh and if you need to sell some of your old T6 stash on stars I am interested for research purposes if the price is right.
    Last edited by simplec6; 11-04-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Flashaholic

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Sent the following order tonight:

XPE Amber color
    2.8-6V H/M/L driver
    OP reflector
    Potting

Thanks,
    Chad

Flashaholic

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Nailbender,

I've got a SST-50 4500K DBS pill that I really like. I'm looking for something in an even warmer tint and I am wondering if it's possible to get an XM-L in a DBS pill? Ideally, 3SM XM-L in 3500-3700K but 3000K works too.

You make a great product too BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ODatsBright View Post
    Nailbender,

I've got a SST-50 4500K DBS pill that I really like. I'm looking for something in an even warmer tint and I am wondering if it's possible to get an XM-L in a DBS pill? Ideally, 3SM XM-L in 3500-3700K but 3000K works too.

You make a great product too BTW!

Hi

Thanks for the kind words.
    As you have mentioned all I have is 3000k and if that is OK then it is not a problem to make you a DBS pill. The difference between 3500 and 3000 is small and the 3000 is very bright. It is very much like an incan. I think you would like the XML in a DBS as I am impressed with the throw of the XML.

Thanks just let me know if I can help.

Dave

Flashaholic

What kind of output from the 3000K DBS XM-L and what was the 3 mode spacing? IIRC 100/40/5?

Oh, and what would be the price of the DBS pill?

Thanks.

What kind of output from the 3000K DBS XM-L and what was the 3 mode spacing? IIRC 100/40/5?

Oh, and what would be the price of the DBS pill?

Thanks.
    HI

I do not have one made up right now to measure but it will be in excess of 550 lumens, these are OTF lumens not bulb and you are correct on the levels percentages of the driver.

The price is the same as a regular module $40. I will include the potting since there is no reflector.

Dave

Flashaholic

Well, I've decided to pull the trigger on something, just not sure WHAT. LOL I've been looking through the binning and now can't decide weather to go with the XM-L at 3000K or an MC-E at 3000K. Maybe you can help me decide. I like the floddy beam of the MC-E's but I have no experience with the XM-L's. Currently I alternate between a Nailbender SST-50 4500K pill or an original DBS MC-E pill with extension tube (or just use 2XRCR-123's). Both I think are in the range of 500-525 lumens. I use this light mainly in the woods or fields and comparing a warm white 4Sevens light to the whiter 4500K lights, the warm definitely gives better depth perception for me. I still think I'd like the XM-L for a touch of throw for that light.

Well, I've decided to pull the trigger on something, just not sure WHAT. LOL I've been looking through the binning and now can't decide weather to go with the XM-L at 3000K or an MC-E at 3000K. Maybe you can help me decide. I like the floddy beam of the MC-E's but I have no experience with the XM-L's. Currently I alternate between a Nailbender SST-50 4500K pill or an original DBS MC-E pill with extension tube (or just use 2XRCR-123's). Both I think are in the range of 500-525 lumens. I use this light mainly in the woods or fields and comparing a warm white 4Sevens light to the whiter 4500K lights, the warm definitely gives better depth perception for me. I still think I'd like the XM-L for a touch of throw for that light.
    HI

if you are looking for a bit more throw then definitely go with the XML, it still has plenty of spill but more throw than a MCE. The XML's are probably more efficient since they are newer technology. It is a single die so the beam will not have the small X or small hole that some MCE's will have.

Dave

Flashaholic

Okay, you twisted my arm. LOL

for

XM-L 3000K 3 mode potted DBS pill
    single 18650 is what I'll be using in the host but I'm assuming that in a pinch I could use 2 CR-123's as well?

Thanks!

Okay, you twisted my arm. LOL

for

XM-L 3000K 3 mode potted DBS pill
    single 18650 is what I'll be using in the host but I'm assuming that in a pinch I could use 2 CR-123's as well?

Thanks!
    HI

Yes you are correct in that 1X LI ION or 2XCR123 primaries. NO 2XRCR123

thanks

Dave

Hi David - I would like to place an order for a P60 module w/ the below specs. Just a couple of quick questions - can the levels be set custom for the 3-levels (i.e. 20%, 70%, 100%)? Also, is there any possibility of getting a 3500K to 4000K tint version? Thanks!!

PayPal sent!!

P6 Module Specs:
    • XM-L P60 Dropin ($40)
    • 2.8-6 volt
    • Driven at 2.8 Amp
    • T50 Flux Bin 4A 4500K Neutral White
    • 3 level low/med/high with memory
    • Thermal Potting (+$5)
    • OP Reflector
    • Total = $45

Thanks,
    -Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    Hi David - I would like to place an order for a P60 module w/ the below specs. Just a couple of quick questions - can the levels be set custom for the 3-levels (i.e. 20%, 70%, 100%)? Also, is there any possibility of getting a 3500K to 4000K tint version? Thanks!!

PayPal sent!!

P6 Module Specs:
    • XM-L P60 Dropin ($40)
    • 2.8-6 volt
    • Driven at 2.8 Amp
    • T50 Flux Bin 4A 4500K Neutral White
    • 3 level low/med/high with memory
    • Thermal Potting (+$5)
    • OP Reflector
    • Total = $45

Thanks,
    -Rich

Hi

I am sorry but the levels 100% / 40% / 5% / are set at the factory and I am not able to change them. As for the tints those are the only tints I am able to get in the highest flux bins from the vendors I use. I used to be able to get 4000k but they discontinued carrying them.

I went and checked the vendors I use and no joy. I do keep watch on all the tints at the vendors I use and the new flux bins so if I can get what you want with less than a 250pc purchase I certainly will. I try to buy on this side of the ocean when I can.

Dave

Hi

I am sorry but the levels 100% / 40% / 5% / are set at the factory and I am not able to change them. As for the tints those are the only tints I am able to get in the highest flux bins from the vendors I use. I used to be able to get 4000k but they discontinued carrying them.

Dave
    Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Two please!

Cree XM-L
    U2 flux Bin 1A tint
    3 level Low / Med / High
    2.8A, regulated
    LOP reflector
    Potting with tape

$45*2 = $90

Host: TnC 26650
    Battery: IMR 26650

Quote Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
    Two please!

Cree XM-L
    U2 flux Bin 1A tint
    3 level Low / Med / High
    2.8A, regulated
    LOP reflector
    Potting with tape

$45*2 = $90

Hi

Thanks Have a good week

Dave

Hi

Thanks for your patience

Dave
    What is the advantage of the U2 XML? Is it more efficient or more lumens? My NB T5 3C XML's look way better to my eye than some of the cooler drop-ins.

I have a P60 capable body that runs 2xAA batteries. It had a malkoff M30WF in it until I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. So I'm looking for a neutral (or warm, but I'd prefer to stay away from 3000k) drop in that'll run on 2 standard lithium energizers (this is my back up light that stays in my glove box). Can have a reflector or optic, doesn't really matter, doesn't need to be floody like the malkoff was. Any suggestions?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatDude View Post
    What is the advantage of the U2 XML? Is it more efficient or more lumens? My NB T5 3C XML's look way better to my eye than some of the cooler drop-ins.

HI

More lumens is it and not near as many more as some want to promote. It is much like going from a R4 to a R5 or maybe a R4 to a S2 if we were comparing XPG's. The 1A is not terribly coolwhite like a 1T is but if you are satisfied with the tint of a 3C I would stick to that. If I wanted a FEW more lumens I do now have the 3C in a T6 instead of a T5 which is one of Cree's newer options for a 5000k emitter. Also while the U2 is the newest offering flux wise and is very efficient the U2 has a higher VF at about 3.5 or 3.6 volts compared to T6 or T5 which are a little bit lower.

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Stillphoto View Post
    I have a P60 capable body that runs 2xAA batteries. It had a malkoff M30WF in it until I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. So I'm looking for a neutral (or warm, but I'd prefer to stay away from 3000k) drop in that'll run on 2 standard lithium energizers (this is my back up light that stays in my glove box). Can have a reflector or optic, doesn't really matter, doesn't need to be floody like the malkoff was. Any suggestions?
    HI

I only have one driver that will work with 2XAA, it has 5 levels and will only work with an XPG. I have neutral and warm but since most warm whites don't start until about 3000k or 3500k I would stay with a neutral R4 5B2 tint which is 4000k.

Dave

Flashaholic*

received the module yesterday,
    hell ofa bright!
    the 3C is an extremely nice color/tint

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    received the module yesterday,
    hell ofa bright!
    the 3C is an extremely nice color/tint
    Hi

Great! I am glad you like it and I agree with you it is a great tint.

Dave

Flashaholic*

Hello Dave,

I would like 1:
    Cree XM-L $40
    T50 flux Bin 4A 4500K neutral white
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with Memory
    2.8 amps
    LOp reflector
    Potting with copper tape + $5

For use with AW 18650 in Surefire 6P or C2Thanks!
    Last edited by thaugen; 11-11-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: removed bold font on post

Cree XM-L
    T6 flux Bin 3C 5000K daylight
    3 level Low / Med / High
    2.8A, regulated
    LOP reflector
    Potting with tape

$45

Flashaholic*

Nailbender, I will take 2 drop-ins. Here are the details of what I want.

XML 2.8-6 volt T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated 2.8 amp with memory
    OP reflector
    Potting with copper tape
    $40 drop-in + $5potting=$45

XPG Q23000K 7A3(90 minimum CRI) NEW
    3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
    OP reflector
    Potting with copper tape
    Drop-in $35 + $5 potting=$40

1xXML potted + 1xXPG potted +$5 priority shipping=$90

Do you have any XREs with a 3c or 4x tint bin? (since you hinted you had alternatives)

Quote Originally Posted by RCantor View Post
    Do you have any XREs with a 3c or 4x tint bin? (since you hinted you had alternatives)
    Hi

I have a few Q3 4C and the same with Q3 3D all the rest are much warmer other than the Q45B I stock

Dave

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast