PEAK
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Quote Originally Posted by BingoBongo View Post
    Hello Dave!

Ill take it one.
    The last XM-L Dropin I get from you was very good!! So i need an other one

Cree XM-L $40
    U2 bin 1A Cool White
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    2.8-6 volts
    2.8 AMPS
    Smooth Reflector
    Potting with copper tape $5

Host is a Oveready Z2.

International shipping $5 (Germany)

Can you send me extra Copper Tape PLEASE? I add 5$ for extra Copper Tape.

Total: 55$

Thank you very much for your great work!
    Marc

HI

No problem on the extra tape. Thanks for the order

Have a great weekend

Dave

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Dave,

PP sent, $52 for XML U2 1A, 2.8A, 3.4-9V, 3-mode, Orange Peel reflector, fully potted with copper tape + 4%...

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Dave,

PP sent, $52 for XML U2 1A, 2.8A, 3.4-9V, 3-mode, Orange Peel reflector, fully potted with copper tape + 4%...

Hi

No problem, I will put them on the list

Thanks have a good weekend

Dave

Unenlightened

Hi Dave,

PayPal sent for the following: P60 drop-in, XP-G S2, single level, 1.4A, 2.8-6V, potted with copper tape, smooth reflector. Module + potting + shipping = $35 + 5 + 5 = $45, if my numbers are right.

I'm planning to use this with an AW 2200 mAh 18650 in my bored SF 6Z (bored straight through with no shoulder for the standard SF spring, if that makes a difference). Thanks in advance!

Is heating an issue with extended run times? (I just don't want to fry the LED.)

John

Quote Originally Posted by JG87 View Post
    Hi Dave,

PayPal sent for the following: P60 drop-in, XP-G S2, single level, 1.4A, 2.8-6V, potted with copper tape, smooth reflector. Module + potting + shipping = $35 + 5 + 5 = $45, if my numbers are right.

I'm planning to use this with an AW 2200 mAh 18650 in my bored SF 6Z (bored straight through with no shoulder for the standard SF spring, if that makes a difference). Thanks in advance!

Is heating an issue with extended run times? (I just don't want to fry the LED.)

John

Hi John

You will not fry the emitter unless you almost melt the module. The drivers have heat protection and as long as you can hold the host comfortably with out gloves then all will be fine. You will not have any problems with a XPG other than it being a sight hand warmer.

I will return $5 later this morning as shipping is included in the US unless you want an upgrade to priority mail which only gets it to you about one day earlier.

Dave

Dave,
    Got my U2 module yesterday... Thanks.
    A nice unit as usual from you and delivered quickly.

I think the U2 is actually a bit brighter than the T6 units that I have from you. The tint is not bad at all. No blue, just white with the typical sort of yellwoish corona (all of my 5 XMLs have this).

I got it in the FM Cooly ran it for a good half hour last night outside on the max level (outside temp about 38 F). It barely got warm. A nice combo.

One question. I asked for the 3.1 amp driver. I am pretty sure that is what you would have done for me, but even though all of the other module parameters are defined on the labeling, the drive level is not. You did set this up for 3.1 amps, right? I don't have a good way of measuring current draw...

Thanks again,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Dave,
    Got my U2 module yesterday... Thanks.
    A nice unit as usual from you and delivered quickly.

I think the U2 is actually a bit brighter than the T6 units that I have from you. The tint is not bad at all. No blue, just white with the typical sort of yellwoish corona (all of my 5 XMLs have this).

I got it in the FM Cooly ran it for a good half hour last night outside on the max level (outside temp about 38 F). It barely got warm. A nice combo.

One question. I asked for the 3.1 amp driver. I am pretty sure that is what you would have done for me, but even though all of the other module parameters are defined on the labeling, the drive level is not. You did set this up for 3.1 amps, right? I don't have a good way of measuring current draw...

Thanks again,

Phil
    Hi Phil

Yes i did. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the module and one set of the four resistors will be double height.

Dave

Flashaholic

Hi Dave,

I have several modules and would like to know the following since I'd like to order 2 or 3 more:

Can I get an XM-L U2 or T60 or an SST-90 and not have it glued into the reflector so that I can try it in my DBS (switching rarely thereafter) or is that a bad idea? Which puts out more lumens, a regulated SST-90 or XM-L both driven at 3.5 or 4 amps? Thank you and I can't wait to order.

PS. At that amperage I would use IMR 18650 or 26650 as you have mentioned and would use high sparingly.
    Last edited by paulsl; 11-26-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsl View Post
    Hi Dave,

I have several modules and would like to know the following since I'd like to order 2 or 3 more:

Can I get an XM-L U2 or T60 or an SST-90 and not have it glued into the reflector so that I can try it in my DBS (switching rarely thereafter) or is that a bad idea? Which puts out more lumens, a regulated SST-90 or XM-L both driven at 3.5 or 4 amps? Thank you and I can't wait to order.

PS. At that amperage I would use IMR 18650 or 26650 as you have mentioned and would use high sparingly.

Hi

The xml would work in your DBS system but the SST 90 would NOT unless you bored the reflector as a XRE reflector will NOT fit over a SST 90 with out boring.

What you need to decide is what type beam you want, the 90 is ALL flood while the XML is a good mixture of throw and flood especially in a smooth reflector. Raw lumens is a toss up but the XML will much more efficient. The 90 may win by a small amount for total lumens but again it would not be by much. I would have to measure the two to be sure since I hate quoting bulb lumens but while the 90 is probably the winner it would not be by much. I would determine which beam style you were after and how important switching between DBS and P60 is. The XML is able to be switched as often as you want as there is not a problem like with the 90 of the lens getting loose.

Dave

Hi Dave,
    for ;

P60 for a Solarforce Host with 2 cr123a batteries.

Cree XM-L T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white $40
    2.8 amps
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    Orange Peel Reflector

Potting with Copper Tape $5
    International Shipping $5
    CC 4%

$52

Thanks
    Steve

Hi Dave,

I would like to buy one of your P60 drop-ins with red led. I'll instal the drop-in in my bored (2 x AW 18500) Oveready 9P host with the new Cryos M2 bezel.
    You don't have red XM-Ls, right? If so, is it possible to use one red Luminus SST-90 together with your new 3 level / 2.8 amp /3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory) driver? Could you push the driver at 4.2 amps? Would you recommend a smooth reflector to increase throw?

Thanks,

Moritz

Quote Originally Posted by Glowmo View Post
    Hi Dave,

I would like to buy one of your P60 drop-ins with red led. I'll instal the drop-in in my bored (2 x AW 18500) Oveready 9P host with the new Cryos M2 bezel.
    You don't have red XM-Ls, right? If so, is it possible to use one red Luminus SST-90 together with your new 3 level / 2.8 amp /3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory) driver? Could you push the driver at 4.2 amps? Would you recommend a smooth reflector to increase throw?

Hi

Yes it is possible to use the new driver with a SST 90 red emitter but it is not possible to change the amperage. All sst's look fine in a smooth reflector and smooth will help throw but SST 90's will be more floody than throw.

I have never seen or heard of colors in XML's at this time.

Dave

Thanks,

Moritz

Flashaholic

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I will place an order a little later and probably will skip the SST-90 (and the draw issues) and go for a Linger for flood and an XM-L or two.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

The xml would work in your DBS system but the SST 90 would NOT unless you bored the reflector as a XRE reflector will NOT fit over a SST 90 with out boring.

What you need to decide is what type beam you want, the 90 is ALL flood while the XML is a good mixture of throw and flood especially in a smooth reflector. Raw lumens is a toss up but the XML will much more efficient. The 90 may win by a small amount for total lumens but again it would not be by much. I would have to measure the two to be sure since I hate quoting bulb lumens but while the 90 is probably the winner it would not be by much. I would determine which beam style you were after and how important switching between DBS and P60 is. The XML is able to be switched as often as you want as there is not a problem like with the 90 of the lens getting loose.

Dave

Dave,
    I figured that you had. This is good info as one of my T6 modules is 3.1 amps, but I have actually lost track of what flashlight I have it mounted in...

Now I can just look

Hi Phil

Yes i did. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the module and one set of the four resistors will be double height.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Dave,
    I figured that you had. This is good info as one of my T6 modules is 3.1 amps, but I have actually lost track of what flashlight I have it mounted in...

Now I can just look

Hi

When ever you have a question about a module you bought just let me know. I am always glad to help.

Have a good Sunday.

Dave

Flashaholic

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Announcements and new offerings
    11/21/2011

Hi All

The new 3.4 -9 volt / 2.8 amp / 3 level with memory drivers have arrived so we now have a solution for any 2X li Ion or 3X CR123 primaries configuration.

Dave

Hi Dave.

Will your new 3.4-9V/2.8A/3-level drivers work with:

1) DUAL XPG (Linger Special) w/ Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) NEW

2) XRE (Good Throw ) w/ 8E7 warm white & Optics

3) Luminus SST -90 w/ 3000k warm 83CRI ( W30M-GK700-WK-U3 ) & OP reflector

4) Other recommendations? (I *LOVE* my Dual-XPG linger special, it's my new benchmark;
    I need some more...)

5) Any solution(s) with the Rebel warm/high-CRI LEDs (I remember reading good things about
    them)? Preferably 3.ish - 9V (dual-LiIon/triple-primary)?

TIA (order following as soon as I get my act together and have some breakfast)

-RDH
    There is no sensation keener or more active than that of pain.
    It is merely a matter of jangling all of our nerves with the most violent possible sensation.
    -Count Donatien Alphonse Francois DeSade

Ah. I think I'm starting to understand how Unix works now.
    -Me

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Quote Originally Posted by rdh226 View Post
    Hi Dave.

Will your new 3.4-9V/2.8A/3-level drivers work with:

1) DUAL XPG (Linger Special) w/ Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) NEW

2) XRE (Good Throw ) w/ 8E7 warm white & Optics

3) Luminus SST -90 w/ 3000k warm 83CRI ( W30M-GK700-WK-U3 ) & OP reflector

4) Other recommendations? (I *LOVE* my Dual-XPG linger special, it's my new benchmark;
    I need some more...)

5) Any solution(s) with the Rebel warm/high-CRI LEDs (I remember reading good things about
    them)? Preferably 3.ish - 9V (dual-LiIon/triple-primary)?

TIA (order following as soon as I get my act together and have some breakfast)

-RDH
    Hi

Yes they will work fine with a dual XPG / SST 90 but not a XRE. A XRE can only take about 1.4 or 1.5 amps before it starts to tint shift. I do have a 1.4 amp 3.6 -9 volt driver that will work instead of the 2.8 amps that the dual takes.

I will have to look to see if I have any high CRI rebels, I am sure I have some warm rebels but not sure if they are high CRI. I will also have to check and make sure I have a board that will accept dual rebels.

Dave

Flashaholic

Yes they will work fine with a dual XPG / SST 90 but not a XRE. A XRE can only take about 1.4 or 1.5 amps before it starts to tint shift. I do have a 1.4 amp 3.6 -9 volt driver that will work instead of the 2.8 amps that the dual takes.

Dave
    I would like to order:

1) (1 - $45) DUAL XPG (Linger Special) w/ Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) w/ new 3.4-9V/2.8A/3-level driver

2) (1 - $35) XPG Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) w/ OP reflector and 3.6-9V/1.4A driver

3) (1 - $70) Luminus SST -90 w/ 3000k warm 83CRI ( W30M-GK700-WK-U3 ) & OP reflector and new 3.4-9V/2.8A/3-level driver

Total $145 + $5 S&H

PayPal sent -- hard to fit the whole order in PayPal's measly 3hc (hecto-chars) message box!

-RDH

Hello Dave!
    Would like to order two (same) modules:
    XM-L U2/1A,
    2.8A / 3.4-9v,
    3 mode (L-M-H or H-M-L),
    OP reflector,potted.
    2 @ $50 each= $100.00
    PP follows.
    Regards, Chuck

PP/p sent.
    PM follows with ship addr.
    Last edited by seahunt; 11-27-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: confirm payment

Hi nailbender, the drop-ins arrived and works flawlessly! Anyway, do you by any chance have any royal blue/blue/orange XP-E LEDs available? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by alvinyhwong View Post
    Hi nailbender, the drop-ins arrived and works flawlessly! Anyway, do you by any chance have any royal blue/blue/orange XP-E LEDs available? Thank you!

HI

I have a red XPE but I no orange as most do not want any orange in their light. I have a royal blue XRE but I am not sure about a royal blue XPE.

Dave

HI

I have a red XPE but I no orange as most do not want any orange in their light. I have a royal blue XRE but I am not sure about a royal blue XPE.

Dave
    Well I need as many colors as I can get in XP-E LEDs for an experiment. Can you order the ones that you don't have from cutter? Also, can you get the six colors in the highest flux bin possible? Thanks!

hi dave.

im interested in your Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) NEW. im thinking of running it in an ol 9p with 3 primarys, do you know what the lumens are for running it at 9v?

Quote Originally Posted by alvinyhwong View Post
    Well I need as many colors as I can get in XP-E LEDs for an experiment. Can you order the ones that you don't have from cutter? Also, can you get the six colors in the highest flux bin possible? Thanks!
    Hi

I don't order from Cutters because of past problems and becuase of high shipping and handling that would have to be added to the cost of modules. I will look at my vendor today and will quote you prices for the modules if the shipping takes them beyond my base price. I stock what I can sell and some of the colors I can't sell so I won't leave them sitting on the shelf as I already carry a huge investment in emitters. I have red and green and amber so I will see what my regular vendor carries. I ALWAYS order the highest bin my vendor carries. It is not always possible to get the highest bins listed on the spec sheets not even Cutter is able to do that.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by hron61 View Post
    hi dave.

im interested in your Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) NEW. im thinking of running it in an ol 9p with 3 primarys, do you know what the lumens are for running it at 9v?

Hi

The voltage doesn't make a bit of difference when the modules are regulated at the same amperage as a lower voltage. I have not measured one lately but they are as you have listed Q2 flux which will put them in the 220+ lumen area.

Dave

Hi Dave.
    I will take 2 drop-ins:

Cree XM-L $40

2.8-6 volts
    T50 flux Bin 4A 4500K neutral white
    3 level Low / Med / High
    2.8 amps
    Smooth reflector
    Thermal potting w/ tape - $5

Cree XM-L
    $40

2.8-6 volts

T6 bin 3C Daylight 5000K
    **2 level High/Low**
    ***3.1 amps***
    Smooth reflector
    Thermal potting w/ tape - $5

CC/PP fees - $5

TOTAL: $95

Thanks,
    John

(Unique Transaction ID # 1P740356L2466862V)
    Hi Dave,

I'll take a Cree XM-L $40

U2 bin 1A Cool White
    Direct drive
    1 Level only (potting and tape included this model only)
    Smooth Reflector

in 4.2 amps (I want the brightest) I will be using it on a 18650'd 6P with a M2 Cryos Bezel and a ZeroRez Tailcap. I want to compare it to my Vinh's U2 XML. Confirming this can only be ran on 4.2V? Thanks.
    Last edited by BIGLOU; 11-28-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Nailbender, could you please email me or send me a PM? I need a repair done on my XML T6 that I bought from you early this year. I can't log into my old account so I had to create a new account. As a result, I can't send a PM until I have 3 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
    Nailbender, could you please email me or send me a PM? I need a repair done on my XML T6 that I bought from you early this year. I can't log into my old account so I had to create a new account. As a result, I can't send a PM until I have 3 posts
    Hi

I think if you get one more post you will be vetted. You will have to post your email or make another post becuase you can't receive PM's either until vetted.

Dave

Hey Dave, your pm box is full.

Anyway, PP sent for my order. Thanks!

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast