HDS Systems
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

I'll take two

Cree XM-L $40

1: U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
    OP reflector
    2: T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
    Smooth reflector

2.8amp

Both 2 level HI / Low Regulated

Both potted

L2P Host

Cryos Bezel
    Oveready TL-65
    McClicky

PP transaction 8PK803214K135993V
    Last edited by Chris_Himself; 03-03-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

duplicate.

Hi Dave

I can't PM and read your profile yet, can you send an ivoice to my paypal account for:

Cree XM-L T30 flux bin E7
    2 level driver HI / Low Regulated - 2.8 amp
    OP reflector
    Potting with copper tape
    one module

Cree MCE
    warmest bin you have
    3 level driver
    OP reflector (if different available)
    Potting with copper tape (if possible)
    one module

International shipping for 1st class

My paypal is mgraw@yandex.ru

Thanks

P.S. 8RP79367SE009330E
    Last edited by xenonaddict; 03-03-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: paypal sent!

hi,
    i was wondering if the xpg towers are still available for the kt4 head.

would like a single mode tower would intend to run it with 2 18650's or even possibly 3 18650's

also would these towers work with the z46 head the m3 non turbo head.

thanks,
    marco

P60 Cree XM-L
    T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
    2.8A, 2.8-6V
    2 level HI / Low Regulated
    OP Reflector
    Potting with copper tape

L2P with AW 18650 2900mAh

International shipping
    Credit card user

(40 + 5 + 5 + 4%) = 52$

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    hi,
    i was wondering if the xpg towers are still available for the kt4 head.

would like a single mode tower would intend to run it with 2 18650's or even possibly 3 18650's

also would these towers work with the z46 head the m3 non turbo head.

thanks,
    marco
    Hi

Yes I still do XPG towers, I do have a single mode driver that will work with 3X18650. I also have XML towers in single mode that will work up to 16 volts. The XML's are about twice as bright as the XPG

No these towers will NOT work with a non turbo M3 lamp head

thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

Yes I still do XPG towers, I do have a single mode driver that will work with 3X18650. I also have XML towers in single mode that will work up to 16 volts. The XML's are about twice as bright as the XPG

No these towers will NOT work with a non turbo M3 lamp head

thanks

Dave
    By any chance would it work with a 2x17670 as well. Plan to use on an m4 body. Not bored at this time. Just planning for the future.

In regards to powering the tower. Will it work with cr123 in a pinch. Thanks

Pm sent inquiring about m3 head options

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    By any chance would it work with a 2x17670 as well. Plan to use on an m4 body. Not bored at this time. Just planning for the future.

In regards to powering the tower. Will it work with cr123 in a pinch. Thanks

Pm sent inquiring about m3 head options

Thanks again
    Hi

As I said it will work up to 16 volts, the driver really doesn't discern between battery types just voltage so a M4 will hold 4primaries so 4pcs X 3volts = 12volts so that is no problem. It will work with 2Xli ions also but does not work well with just one rechargeable.

The XMl will give about twice the lumens but as with everything the down side is the XML gets half the runtime.

Dave

Dave

Hi Dave,

Love the XM-L drop in I got recently! I sent a PM, but think I was having login troubles, so here's my question:
    I would like a single mode neutral XR-E with optics thermal potted for use with two 123 primaries for use in a weapon light host (6P). Can you do a single mode? And are the optics interchangeable if I get both the 8 and 60 degree? Would the total be $45 with the thermal potting and both optics? Will order ASAP. I know you're a busy guy, so thanks for your consideration!

Miles

Sending PP shortly for

1 XML 3.5a 2mode HI/LO 4C tint SMO
    potted w tape please $45

1 90CRI Linger Special 2.8a single mode SMO-NO GLUE (using reflector on another pill)
    potted w tape please 50$

both will be used simultaneously in my headlamp host

thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akflash View Post
    Hi Dave,

Love the XM-L drop in I got recently! I sent a PM, but think I was having login troubles, so here's my question:
    I would like a single mode neutral XR-E with optics thermal potted for use with two 123 primaries for use in a weapon light host (6P). Can you do a single mode? And are the optics interchangeable if I get both the 8 and 60 degree? Would the total be $45 with the thermal potting and both optics? Will order ASAP. I know you're a busy guy, so thanks for your consideration!

Miles
    Hi Miles

No I just saw your PM but it takes me awhile to answer all the correspondence I receive.

The neutral XRE is not a problem but the optics are not interchangable with the reflectors. Because of the way the holder was made it is either optics or reflector. if you are using where you want throw I would go with the reflector as the few rings that are associated with the XRE are seldom noticed in the field. Now if you just like the looks of optics and or want the ability to go from throw to a wider beam profile then I certainly can build you one with JUST optics.

The smooth reflector choice potted would be $35 while the optics would be $45.

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    Sending PP shortly for

1 XML 3.5a 2mode HI/LO 4C tint SMO
    potted w tape please $45

1 90CRI Linger Special 2.8a single mode SMO-NO GLUE (using reflector on another pill)
    potted w tape please 50$

both will be used simultaneously in my headlamp host

thanks!!!
    Hi

Will do no problem, I loved your pictures on the last page!!

have a great week

Dave

PS Kevins head lamp looks very well made.

Thanks for your help Dave,

Paypal sent for:

(1) XRE neutral single mode thermal potted with smooth reflector P60 drop in. Whatever voltage works best with two primaries in a 6P.
    (Unique Transaction ID # 79P34573D25203124)

Miles
    Last edited by akflash; 03-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.

XM-L T60 5000K Tint
    2.8A
    2.8-6v
    3 level Hi / Med / Low
    OP reflector
    Thermally Potted w/ copper tape

$45

Enlightened

Default Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

PayPal(Unique Transaction ID # 50410910GR8723110) sent for...

Cree XP-G -$35
    R4 4000k 5B3 tint /5B2
    3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.7 amp
    potted
    SolarForce L2 host running 18650 or 2xcr123

Thanks!
    Dennis

Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting back up!

Dave,

Need to order 2 P60 XM-L modules, identical:
    3.1 amp, 2.8 - 6 volts,
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with memory
    T60 flux Bin 3C 5000K daylight white
    Potted w/tape
    Smooth reflector
    total $90+4%=$93.60
    I'll be using these in Solarforce L2P hosts on 1x18650.
    I can't find your paypal info in your bio, maybe it's cause i'm a noob.
    Please let me know where to send payment.

Thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited by 619Andy; 03-08-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 619Andy View Post
    Dave,

Need to order 2 P60 XM-L modules, identical:
    3.1 amp, 3.4 - 6 volts,
    Potted w/tape
    Smooth reflector
    total $90+4%=$93.60
    I can't find your paypal info in your bio, maybe it's cause i'm a noob.
    Please let me know where to send payment.

Thanks,
    Andy
    Hi Andy

Not a noob, I dont think you can access that until you have at least 2 posts. PP is daveal at mindspring dot com.

Thanks have a good week

Dave

Flashaholic*

Hi Dave,

Been a while since I asked...

Any chance you have come across any XR-E EZ900's ?

Hi Dave,

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 5UW35398KT3836215)

2 P60 XM-L modules, identical:
    3.1 amp, 2.8 - 6 volts,
    Potted w/tape
    Smooth reflector
    total $90+4%=$93.60

Can't wait to get them!! This will be my first P60 module. It's the first step to flashlight addiction, lol

Thanks again,
    Andy
    Last edited by 619Andy; 03-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45_1911 View Post
    Hi Dave,

Been a while since I asked...

Any chance you have come across any XR-E EZ900's ?

Hi

No I have not, I have ez1000 XRE and with out assurances from a vendor of what I am getting they will be EZ1000 XRE's

thanks

Dave

I haven't read this whole thread (forgive me), but I don't see details of what drive levels are available. I don't know how much flexibility you have with the drivers. Could you make an XM-L module with a single regulated drive level of 35mA? I'd like somethin that could handle 2 or 3 primaries/1 or 2 Lion--but 2 primary/1 lion would be acceptable.
    Last edited by theamazingrando; 03-09-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    "He can see in the dark--no small power, this, in a world that is one half shut from the light."

Quote Originally Posted by theamazingrando View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread (forgive me), but I don't see details of what drive levels are available. I don't know how much flexibility you have with the drivers. Could you make an XM-L module with a single regulated drive level of 35mA? I'd like somethin that could handle 2 or 3 primaries/1 or 2 Lion--but 2 primary/1 lion would be acceptable.

HI

The main place to look is on the first page as it is all explained fairly well on drivers under most of the emitters and for sure is under XML. On up to six volt max I can make 1 / 2 / 3 / 5 levels but if you go over 6 volts which is 2 x primaries or 1 li ion then the choices are much less.

9 volt max is 3 level only and is 2.8 amps and single level is 16 volts max but only 2.2 amps.

I am not sure what you mean by 35ma, did you mean 3.5 amps or actually .35 amps as you have it. A module running at 35ma is going to be a very very dim light. If you meant 3.5 amps and a single level then it is only possible in a 6 volt max driver only meaning 1X li ion or 2X primaries but NO 2X li ion and NO 3Xprimaries

Dave

That makes sense. Rereading the first page, it seems a little clearer. I can live with 6v max.

I did, indeed mean 35 milliamps (.035 amps). Is that too low to power these emitters? Maybe I misunderstand, but when you say "very very dim light" I hear "less than 1/2 lumen," which is dimmer than I want. I was thinking I could hit 10-20 lumens at that drive level (which is more of a "moderate" light level in my mind).

What drive level do you use for the "Low" setting on your multi-mode modules? 50mA? 75mA? Do I need to be thinking of something like that as a minimum drive level? If I used a different emitter (like an XP-G, maybe?) would that give me a lower useful drive level?

I was thinking that the XM-L is rated at 100lumens/watt, so .1 or .2 watts would give me 10-20 lumens. Maybe it doesn't work that way at the lower drive levels, though?

I was also calculating that 35mA would consume 1400mAH in 40 minutes of runtime--so 36 hours or more of regulated runtime might be possible with lithium primaries.

I'm open to suggestions! I'm looking for a single level, low output (not ridiculously low, but usefully low--like the low on a Surefire L1 --or the Lx2 low at the most) unit that would maximize runtime on 2 primary cells.
    "He can see in the dark--no small power, this, in a world that is one half shut from the light."

That makes sense. Rereading the first page, it seems a little clearer. I can live with 6v max.

I did, indeed mean 35 milliamps (.035 amps). Is that too low to power these emitters? Maybe I misunderstand, but when you say "very very dim light" I hear "less than 1/2 lumen," which is dimmer than I want. I was thinking I could hit 10-20 lumens at that drive level (which is more of a "moderate" light level in my mind).

What drive level do you use for the "Low" setting on your multi-mode modules? 50mA? 75mA? Do I need to be thinking of something like that as a minimum drive level? If I used a different emitter (like an XP-G, maybe?) would that give me a lower useful drive level?

I was thinking that the XM-L is rated at 100lumens/watt, so .1 or .2 watts would give me 10-20 lumens. Maybe it doesn't work that way at the lower drive levels, though?

I was also calculating that 35mA would consume 1400mAH in 40 minutes of runtime--so 36 hours or more of regulated runtime might be possible with lithium primaries.

I'm open to suggestions! I'm looking for a single level, low output (not ridiculously low, but usefully low--like the low on a Surefire L1 --or the Lx2 low at the most) unit that would maximize runtime on 2 primary cells.
    Hi

If you are looking for a low level light the XML is probably not what you want. We run it at 2.8 amps or above with low setting at about 5% of 2.8 amps.

To be in the area you are looking for I would have to use a multilevel driver since the lowest I could set a single level is 350ma so it would take a 3 level driver to lower it below 350ma. The levels are 100% / 40% / 5% and yes a XPG would work better for the low light you are looking for.

I only have so much control over the drivers sorry

Dave

Ah, I see. So, 350mA is the lowest you can set a single level driver for? I'm afraid that's much higher than what I'm wanting. Thanks for your quick responses.

Ah, I see. So, 350mA is the lowest you can set a single level driver for? I'm afraid that's much higher than what I'm wanting. Thanks for your quick responses.
    Most p60s use 7315 resistors to drive the emitter.
    Each one is 350ma so most options are in increments of 350ma.

I've thought about this too and for a lower level single you would either:
    Reprogram a driver/micro controller to only turn on in a lower mode (using PWM)
    Or find some other type of resistor with less output.

I think - I don't build modules nor did I stay @ a holiday inn last night

Hi Dave,

I can't PM you so I must ask this way. I just purchased 2 of your modules and I'm looking for a nice host to put them in. I like the mac custom and mcgizmo look but they don't offer p60 host or do they? Any recommendations on a good host that look like mac's or mcgizmo's.

Thanks,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by 619Andy View Post
    Hi Dave,

I can't PM you so I must ask this way. I just purchased 2 of your modules and I'm looking for a nice host to put them in. I like the mac custom and mcgizmo look but they don't offer p60 host or do they? Any recommendations on a good host that look like mac's or mcgizmo's.

Thanks,
    Andy
    HI Andy

You have 3 posts so you should be able to PM now, make sure you turn it on in your options. I am able to PM you so you should be able to.

Mac doesn't make a P60 style host and I don't think Mcgizmo does either. TNC makes a P60 style host and you can find him under custom manufacturers on this forum, other than that I don't know of a whole lot of custom builders using P60 light engines.

Dave

Paypal Sent For:

Cree XM-L
    U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
    2.8 amp 3 level Hi / Low / Strobe Regulated (2.8-6 volts)
    Smooth Reflector
    Potted with copper tap
    Solarforce L2T Host
    AW 18650 3100 mAh battery

Transaction ID: 3EP49156RK4902810

Quote Originally Posted by JTik View Post
    Paypal Sent For:

Cree XM-L
    U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
    2.8 amp 3 level Hi / Low / Strobe Regulated (2.8-6 volts)
    Smooth Reflector
    Potted with copper tap
    Solarforce L2T Host
    AW 18650 3100 mAh battery

Transaction ID: 3EP49156RK4902810
    HI

Thanks order has shipped

Dave

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast